Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I am considering Air China for my next visit as I can save almost $1200 US for us both. Any comments both positive and negative would be appreciated.

My ex flew air china a couple of times. She was not impressed but as you said, the price was right.

If I recall correctly her gripes were with food and cabin service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There seems to be a general belief that Chinese air lines are only now appreciating how to treat Western clients and it is for this reason that they seem amateurs. I flew China Southern last year and the flight was ok but neither the beer or white wine was chilled. because of the massive saving and a supply of 180 baht Thai sleeping pills I simply slept all that I could, but then I do that most trips.

Reminds me when China Airlines began flying from Amsterdam to Bangkok. Most of the hostesses hardly spoke english. They tried but the service was appalling. I asked for some Worcester Sauce for my Tomato Juice and was met with totally blank stares.

Reminds me when China Airlines began flying from Amsterdam to Bangkok. Most of the hostesses hardly spoke english. They tried but the service was appalling. I asked for some Worcester Sauce for my Tomato Juice and was met with totally blank stares.

Yes, my early trips into China were amusing.

Once ordering orange juice at breakfast I received something else....on saying something and trying to get it replace I was met with 'It doesn't matter' our translator told me.

But subsequent trips I did with China Airlines AMS-BKK in their very reasonably priced Biz Class, the service was very good...they were cute too!

Edited by jacko

I've flown Air China twice. Below average food, non english speaking staff for the most part.Fucking chinese endless yakking and walking the aisles.The odd wailing kid.No inflight entertainment from memory.

Pretty much like any low cost airline I guess. @ 1200 in savings I would say the price is fair for what your getting.

Only thing is some flights go via Bejing or was it guangzao? Check layovers before booking.

Edited by ZARIS
  • Downvote 1

I've flown Air China twice. Below average food, non english speaking staff for the most part.Fucking chinese endless yakking and walking the aisles.The odd wailing kid.No inflight entertainment from memory.

Pretty much like any low cost airline I guess. @ 1200 in savings I would say the price is fair for what your getting.

Only thing is some flights go via Bejing or was it guangzao? Check layovers before booking.

Inbound layover via Bejing is 1:15 and 2:30 return home.Thanks for the input guys I have booked it

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing beats Tarom the Romanian airline back in the 70's and 80's they flew old soviet planes that still had the bomb aimers bubble down on the front. I reckon that was their navigators place so he could see the roads. Food was so apalling no one ate it. It was a salad of some description, consisting of some sort of meat, (we never found out what), some cheese which I suspect came from the captains feet and when you had a tea or coffee the milk was in an old Coke bottle !! The worst thing? Toilet paper. It had half inch bits of wood in it ! I kid you not.

But it was cheap !!

• Upvote 1

Nothing beats Tarom the Romanian airline back in the 70's and 80's they flew old soviet planes that still had the bomb aimers bubble down on the front. I reckon that was their navigators place so he could see the roads. Food was so apalling no one ate it. It was a salad of some description, consisting of some sort of meat, (we never found out what), some cheese which I suspect came from the captains feet and when you had a tea or coffee the milk was in an old Coke bottle !! The worst thing? Toilet paper. It had half inch bits of wood in it ! I kid you not.

But it was cheap !!

Yeah I used them just the once.

Held under gunpoint in transit!