Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Low Season? Not at "Art in Paradise"

I visited with the wife and daughter a couple of years ago, managed to get in for the Thai price by showing my Thai driving licence. Looks like they have added/updated some of photos.

Daughter loved it for photos to update her Facebook profile, well she is 17.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Evil. Many thanks for the pics and write up.This is a must visit for me next trip. I've been fascinated by this type of 3D art work ever since I saw pavement drawings by Julian Beever. He does stuff all over Europe and visited my home city a year or so ago. He must have been one of the pioneers for this type of art.

http://www.julianbeever.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=1

Evil. Many thanks for the pics and write up.This is a must visit for me next trip. I've been fascinated by this type of 3D art work ever since I saw pavement drawings by Julian Beever. He does stuff all over Europe and visited my home city a year or so ago. He must have been one of the pioneers for this type of art.

http://www.julianbeever.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=1

Yes, Julian Beever is certainly a well-known name in the 3D-art genre. You can see some of his works, as well as works by others, here.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the OP - an interesting idea for an afternoon out.

Looks like a "no shoes" policy, maybe to avoid damaging the art?

If so then for sure a place to wear socks for a clean freak like me.

Do they store the shoes in any kind of secure way (claim tickets, etc) or it is purely an honor system where anyone can run off with your expensive farang footwear?

Edited by SmellyFarang

Do they store the shoes in any kind of secure way (claim tickets, etc) or it is purely an honor system where anyone can run off with your expensive farang footwear?

Shoes are stored and claimed using a bowling alley type set up, so you should get them back with any luck. :stomp:

Shoes are stored and claimed using a bowling alley type set up, so you should get them back with any luck. :stomp:

In the Chang Mai one you can walk around in shoes but have to take them off if you were walking over the artwork.

Wasn't there a guy who used to do these amazing drawings in chalk on pavements and the like?

Only to become smudged and washed away by the rains.

Wasn't there a guy who used to do these amazing drawings in chalk on pavements and the like?

Jacko. See my post #8.

Edit in.Post #6

Edited by N3RGT
  • Upvote 1

You "check in" your shoes and get a claim ticket for them. The shoes are kept on a shelf behind a manned counter.

Yes, Julian Beever and several others (see posts #6 and #9).

Evil

• Upvote 2

Thanks guys for reminding me. I used to regularly get emails linking me to samples of his work, some of which were mind-blowing.

I missed above posts likely because pic intensive threads are a problem on my internet, bloody position jumps all over the place as they load up.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

Yes, Julian Beever is certainly a well-known name in the 3D-art genre. You can see some of his works, as well as works by others, here.

Evil

Beever is certainly one of the better street artists but for pure 3D painting , it takes a lot to beat the works of Rex Whistler . When I visited Plas Newydd in Anglesey some years ago , the paintings were so realistic that they were roped off because visitors were mistaking corridors and steps painted on the walls as being real and hurting themselves by trying walk into or up them . Regretfully he was killed in WW2

Edited by ozibill
  • 2 months later...

It is a novel place to visit with a TG. It's surprising how many of the effects are more visible through a camera view finder than with the naked eye.

The GFE provider and I got in for 400 baht. My Thai drivers license seemed to matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I visited with the wife and daughter a couple of years ago, managed to get in for the Thai price by showing my Thai driving licence. Looks like they have added/updated some of photos.

Daughter loved it for photos to update her Facebook profile, well she is 17.

Regards

Thanks. I was going to ask if EP had tried using his Thai Driver's License.

EP great stuff as always from you

Yes, thanks again for the report and excellent photography!!

In regards to the Spa and Massage place across the soi, i went into the lobby and it was full of Indians and/or Middle-easterners, mostly men. There was a hotel-like front desk, but no 'fishbowl' visible from the main lobby so i am assuming it's a real massage and spa place :), but i didn't investigate further.

P.S. Your two companions look like they enjoyed themselves and are fun. Enjoy.

Edited by losgrad

Thanks. I was going to ask if EP had tried using his Thai Driver's License. /quote]

That was nearly four years ago that I got in with my TDL, hopefully they have not changed the rules. Maybe somebody has more up to date information if it's still possible. Enjoy.

Regards