Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Eva self service baggage tagging now at LHR

I received an e-mail from Eva today stating that it was now possible to self tag your baggage at LHR, perhaps getting in training before the move to the brand newTerminal 2 in July.

Would I be correct in saying that using this method to check in you could check in say 5 hours before the flight?

I think there will still be the standard check in desks for passengers who like to choose their seat on check in which presumably will open 3/4 hours before the flight

I received an e-mail from Eva today stating that it was now possible to self tag your baggage at LHR, perhaps getting in training before the move to the brand newTerminal 2 in July.

Would I be correct in saying that using this method to check in you could check in say 5 hours before the flight?

I think there will still be the standard check in desks for passengers who like to choose their seat on check in which presumably will open 3/4 hours before the flight

Perhaps also worth noting that you can choose your seat online100 days prior to the flight with EVA, or has that changed since I last flew with them ?

Perhaps also worth noting that you can choose your seat online100 days prior to the flight with EVA, or has that changed since I last flew with them ?

Yes .... still the same ..... can choose 100 days prior.

:chogdee

Spud

Not on every flight. I bought a discounted ticket through Orbitz as the flight I wanted was not available on the EVA website. The system picked the flights and I had to designate if I wanted window or aisle. EVA customer service said I could not change.

The seat selection 100 day process does not necessarily cover all the seats on the aircraft. :beer

That's true. Some blocks of seats are allocated before the 100 day deadline. :angry2

Thai use the self check in at Heathrow now.

You have to give a scan of your Passport etc, then get a printed Boarding Card and luggage labels.

Then you have to queue up alongside people who either don't know or haven't bothered to use the self check in. So it's still quite slow in the queue in give your luggage over, anyway.

Maybe everything will be working better when the new T2 opens in July, I have no plans to go to Thailand before November so any problems should have been ironed out by then. :)