Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

One of the works engineers was reported by a Traffic Warden for smoking while driving a company van ,

He was informed its a £60 fine or a court appearance , can't find anything in the Highway Code ,

Anyone been in a similar situation ?

Joe

Can this be moved to off topics , thanks

Edited by gs joe

Yeah, these guys seem to have surprising 'powers' these days.... can they not catch people using their mobiles while driving though, I see a lot of that here in the UK?

I was walking in town recently after a few pints of Abotts ale and saw a car parked half up on the kerb with the hazard lights flashing over double yellows and thought 'what a cunt'...(if you put your lights on the fine should be doubled as you obviously KNOW you are doing wrong). A traffic warden was nearly sprinting in the direction of it.

http://www.stagesafe.co.uk/user_files/smoking-in-vehicles-used-for-work.pdf

I didn't realise traffic wardens could issue tickets for that?

KM

They can't......all these cunts can do is issue tickets on stationery vehicles .

The only way you could get in trouble for smoking in a company vehicle is if a work mate bubbles you or one of the bosses see's you.......!

P.s....It is a dissmisable offence if you are really unlucky......!

They can't......all these cunts can do is issue tickets on stationery vehicles .

The only way you could get in trouble for smoking in a company vehicle is if a work mate bubbles you or one of the bosses see's you.......!

P.s....It is a dissmisable offence if you are really unlucky......!

The outcome , the guy was called to the office to meet with a traffic warden , and then was issued with ,

a 30 day fixed penalty notice for £80 , £20 extra as the driver had also been seen throwing his cigaret butt out the window ,

Apparently this was witness by 2 other wardens ,

Joe

The outcome , the guy was called to the office to meet with a traffic warden , and then was issued with ,

a 30 day fixed penalty notice for £80 , £20 extra as the driver had also been seen throwing his cigaret butt out the window ,

Joe

Pie in the sky mate........ :thumbup

Ahh the thread's title is a little deceiving and I've misunderstood.

My advice on buying a smoke alarm for your home would have been to purchase one from the UK and not to trust the Thai ones which all come fitted with a snooze button.

Joe

Smoking in a company vehicle is illegal and throwing your cigarette butt on the ground is also illegal. The fine for throwing the butt is about £75.00 I believe. Your mate got off light,they should have fined him more.

Edited by Geno

Smoking in a company vehicle is illegal and throwing your cigarette butt on the ground is also illegal. The fine for throwing the butt is about £75.00 I believe. Your mate got off light,they should have fined him more.

My post is not a plea , I'm just surprised that Traffic Wardens have the power to enforce the no smoking laws ,

Joe

The law comes before any employers permission.

If the law was clear and defined it would help , and even if your a non smoker you could still have problems driving a company vehicle ,

Joe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2272356/Van-driver-fined-200-displaying-No-Smoking-sign--times-penalty-actually-lighting-company-vehicle.html

What if his employers gave him the van for his explicit sole use and their permission for him to smoke in it?

I believe that if the van was for his sole use then he would be able to smoke in it.

a company car used solely by one employee and not used by anyone else for work either as a driver or passenger is exempt and does not need to be smoke free;

Exactomundo

Without researching I was simply following the spirit of the legislation which is simply copying USA introduced bans from all those years ago. The credo is to protect employees' work environment.

So if no one else is impacted then he should be outside the interests of this legislation

seems that he could be (maybe his employers like him so much they kept the helping hand in their pocket :) )