Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Apart from Dicey Riley's where else does a cracking Sunday Roast, preferably buffet style, any recommendations ?

Thanks, Neil.

Punch and Judy I think it is called, opposite The Caddy Shack (down towards 3rd Rd a bit) was getting rave reviews some months back.

Edited by jacko

Went 18 coins in the end, cracking meal, pork, chicken, roast pots, mash, sprouts, carrots, york pud, gravy, 149B, brilliant value, again thanks for replies.

Went 18 coins in the end, cracking meal, pork, chicken, roast pots, mash, sprouts, carrots, york pud, gravy, 149B, brilliant value, again thanks for replies.

Was it a buffet?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Queen Victoria on Soi 6 used to have a Sunday brunch type deal. Sort of expensive, but not too bad.

I've eaten there many times and always enjoyed the food. Excellent fish & chips.

Was it a buffet?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

18 Coins is not a buffet but there is ample food and the Thai lady that I took there enjoyed the Thai menu.

18 Coins is not a buffet but there is ample food and the Thai lady that I took there enjoyed the Thai menu.

As Teelack says, not a buffet.

The reason I like a buffet is 'cause some veg makes me want to barf when I see it on a plate whereas a buffet, up to you but they had the veg on the board outside so I knew what I was getting.

• 3 months later...

I can never remember the names of the main sois off of Suk……. But……The Star Light Restaurant is in the same soi as Paradise Bar and Mango. In fact it's situated just along from the Mango on the same side of the road.

A friend had said to give it's Sunday Roast a try.

Knowing I was heading there I'd forgone breakfast and had packed quite a day in before I arrived at about 12.40pm. I couldn't see a chalk board or reference to the Sunday Roast in the menu that a very pretty waitress brought to my table. Not to worry…..a cheerful Dickensian figure appeared and asked if he could help. This turned out to be the avuncular owner, John. He explained that they start selling the roasts at 1pm but he'd have a word with the cook. He came back and said, 'no problem what meat would I like?'

Lamb…..with mint sauce. There was a choice of, 'Beef, Pork, Lamb or Chicken breast… and you can have 2 meats if you like!'

I'm a lover of lamb but I'm always disappointed by the 'rolled stuff' they do in some places like the otherwise excellent Pig&Whistle. I was assured this was finest NZ lamb.

I ordered a large bottle of Singha 65 baht.

Shortly afterwards my Roast arrived. I promise you even by 1pm……I'd earned this meal. I wasn't disappointed. The lamb was excellent and the potatoes just like me mums!!

cost a staggering……unbelievable……150 baht……..less than 3 quid!!

Half way through the friendly owner comes over and asks….."Everything OK do want another potato or more gravy?"

I assured him it was great. It bloody well was…..!! I'll be back.

If anyone can help out with better directions and the name of the soi I'd be grateful.

IMG_1381.jpg

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 2

I went back today to STAR LIGHT………..Cut out the mash……even better. Wish they'd get some decent wine though instead of 'Mont Clair' fruit juice.

Now back home watching Thailand ladies play India in the Asian games with a Wolfblass chardonnay……It's 8.0 at half-time. Really good fun!

Edited by atlas2
  • 2 months later...

After some excellent Sunday meals at the P&J, the lunch on Nov. 16 was a disappointment. Mine was overcooked to the point that it was almost inedible.

Here's what it looked like:

post-276-0-61993700-1416483532.jpg

post-276-0-65944900-1416483124.jpg

The chicken and roast potatoes were badly overcooked, while the Yorkshire pudding was flat-out burned. The chicken breast was very dry, as were the roast potatoes. It's possible they dried out because they were left too long in a warming tray.

The Yorkshire had been left in the oven too long.

post-276-0-18775600-1416483112.jpg

post-276-0-98657300-1416483139.jpg

A friend, who'd gotten dry chicken the two previous Sundays, went with the trio of meats. His Yorkshire was also overdone and it looked like he got scraps of meat rather than clean slices.

post-276-0-23053500-1416483102.jpg

In comparison, here's the roast lamb dinner I had on Nov. 2:

post-276-0-62142300-1416484007.jpg

post-276-0-99600200-1416484011.jpg

Very different!

The P&J was busy Nov 16 and that could account in part for the poor meal I got. Too many plates going out when a kitchen is short-staffed is behind a lot of restaurant misses. That's not an excuse, but it is an explanation.

I've had many good meals in the past and I won't stop going because of one bad meal. However, on Sundays I'll probably try something else from the menu rather than the roast, especially if P&J looks busy.

There were no complaints about the meals the "non-roast" diners i our goup had that day. I think I'll try the salmon steak next time.

post-276-0-43744200-1416483052.jpg

post-276-0-00790100-1416483057.jpg

post-276-0-79714000-1416483062.jpg

post-276-0-60124000-1416483091.jpg

post-276-0-75243200-1416483071.jpg

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 4

If you don't mind not having air con and being in an open air environment, the value at Robins Nest is hard to beat and the food is on par with all the afore mentioned

I love a roast dinner but I only really enjoy Turkey dinners . Here in the UK all the carvery's do turkey all the time ,but can I get a roast dinner in Pattaya with Turkey ,out of season as it were?.

On the general subject I've been told I should check out a place called 'The Players' Best way for me to describe it's location is coming from Suk on Siam turn right at the last main Xroads before Butterfly.

Anyone been?

Shenanigans (now only in Jomtien)and Dicey O'Reillys used to have Turkey on their carveries but haven't been to either for a while.

Dicey's had a full roast turkey when I ate there in April.

turkey.jpg

I believe the Queen Vic on Soi 6 still has roast turkey breast as part of its Sunday carvery, but I'm not 100% sure.

On another note, I've done a review of the Sunday roast at Nicky's on Soi Bukhao here:

IMG_8393.jpg

IMG_8397.jpg

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil