Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

If you don't mind not having air con and being in an open air environment, the value at Robins Nest is hard to beat and the food is on par with all the afore mentioned

I agree Robin's Nest is good value, and they have free WiFi too.

The indoor lounge is air-conditioned.

Apart from Dicey Riley's where else does a cracking Sunday Roast, preferably buffet style, any recommendations ?

Thanks, Neil.

If you find a decent place then you should stick to it. Most 'western' places don't even make it to a 5/10 so if you find one you should frequent it.

What quality is there to give for this price....

The beef is soft the chicken is well cooked, yorkshire pud is only crispy on the top and the vegetables arn't boiled to a tastles mush

Your in an aircon restaurant that is clean, you can get better places but you can't beat the value

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...

There's a new (for me), Sunday roast in town.

Corner Bar Rumpol Market.

I'd forgone breakfast and had attacked the meal before I thought I should take a photo of this......So missed opportunity.

Lamb 250 bt.

The owner comes over to see if it was OK. I said, 'Best free meal I've had'

Puzzled look.... :clueless

I explained, 'My usual roast is 199 bt.........But this is at least 250 bt better!!' Confused logic I know.........But well meaning. Delicious and despite missing breakfast and spending the morning exercising .......and by then bloody 'Hank Marvin' I couldn't finish.

If you live in Jomtien it's worth giving it a try.

Next time I go I'll try to remember to take a snap.

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

On the subject of Sunday carveries, I had the misfortune to join friends at Dicey O'Reilly's last Sunday.

It was just plain awful. The pork was msotly fat, the turkey was dry and over-cooked, the beef was thinly sliced, but still tough, the vegetables were dull and tasteless, and horror of horrors, the Yorkshire puddings were hard and more like crackers.

On top of that, they had a duet singing and making it difficult to converse while they crooned ancient ballads with over-amped sound system.

All this for, as I recall, 495 baht.

Much, much better in town than this corporate joke.

On the subject of Sunday carveries, I had the misfortune to join friends at Dicey O'Reilly's last Sunday.

It was just plain awful. The pork was msotly fat, the turkey was dry and over-cooked, the beef was thinly sliced, but still tough, the vegetables were dull and tasteless, and horror of horrors, the Yorkshire puddings were hard and more like crackers.

On top of that, they had a duet singing and making it difficult to converse while they crooned ancient ballads with over-amped sound system.

All this for, as I recall, 495 baht.

Much, much better in town than this corporate joke.

Looks like I dodged a bullet there. After seeing a good review from the previous week which mentioned they had lamb shank I was thinking of going there. However, I noticed on Facebook that they change the carvery items each week so was waiting for their page to be updated before I made my decision. As lamb wasn't on the menu I decided to go elsewhere.

I'm also not a great fan of these music combos when I am eating so prefer to get in before the music starts.

• Upvote 1