Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi all hope you are all well in pattaya :) well I need some advice on thai girl with passport if I'm in pattaya and decide to take a thai girl back to Australia and book all air fares with her and fly back to perth together and she will return back to thailand 3 weeks later !!! Can this be done ???? Spice

You would need to have a Visa for her to get into Australia. Her job /education will pay into how long that takes. University graduated, strong ties to Thailand, well off.... Even If you have known her a long time, it would be something that can take awhile to get.

If you just met her in a bar, it could take forever

A few years back a friend sent me the details for obtaining an Oz visa as I wanted to travel there with my Thai partner.

It looked a bit onerous but likely easier than what I did to get her to the UK for a visit.

Particular if he helped us.

Never took the task on myself, but if she is more than a bed-warmer, and you are prepared to pay, use a visa outfit.

Job

House

Vehicles

Income through bank account

Oz sponsor

All these boxes ticked then as above use visa agency (and wear your trousers with the deepest pockets ;) )

Hi all hope you are all well in pattaya :) well I need some advice on thai girl with passport if I'm in pattaya and decide to take a thai girl back to Australia and book all air fares with her and fly back to perth together and she will return back to thailand 3 weeks later !!! Can this be done ???? Spice

Not worth it. At the end it will cost you a lot more than you bargained for.

• Downvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm going to Pattaya for 2 weeks October 22 - 5 November. Just wondering how much I would need to live off comfortably each day. I want to try and avoid the Walking street snd do excursions etc. Any help would be great in my head I'm thinking £1000?? Thanks again :D

I'm going to Pattaya for 2 weeks October 22 - 5 November. Just wondering how much I would need to live off comfortably each day. I want to try and avoid the Walking street snd do excursions etc. Any help would be great in my head I'm thinking £1000?? Thanks again :D

I'd budget 2K. You will have a great time and you'll have some left over.

Yes, £1000 / day should cover it, and no need to avoid Walking St.

Edited by jacko

A few years back a friend sent me the details for obtaining an Oz visa as I wanted to travel there with my Thai partner.

It looked a bit onerous but likely easier than what I did to get her to the UK for a visit.

Particular if he helped us.

Never took the task on myself, but if she is more than a bed-warmer, and you are prepared to pay, use a visa outfit.

Getting a Thai passport for your woman is easy. Getting a tourist visa for Australia is a lot harder, unless you fulfill all the requirements and are able to do the paperwork required. Darren is a great guy, but if you can do the visa application yourself, it will save you a fair bit of money. Applying for a partner visa might need the help from someone like Darren from Key Visa,

Getting a Thai passport for your woman is easy. Getting a tourist visa for Australia is a lot harder, unless you fulfill all the requirements and are able to do the paperwork required. Darren is a great guy, but if you can do the visa application yourself, it will save you a fair bit of money. Applying for a partner visa might need the help from someone like Darren from Key Visa,

Yes, as a non-Ozzie I thought it might be a bit of work, but I did manage to get her the UK Visa by doing it all myself.

I have gone off the idea of a trip for us both to Oz, but if I change my mind, I wonder if using my pal over there in Perth would make it easier, and a better option than the cost of using an agency here.

Edited by jacko

Yes, as a non-Ozzie I thought it might be a bit of work, but I did manage to get her the UK Visa by doing it all myself.

I have gone off the idea of a trip for us both to Oz, but if I change my mind, I wonder if using my pal over there in Perth would make it easier, and a better option than the cost of using an agency here.

Getting an Australian tourist visa for a Thai partner involves a fair bit of work for an Australian as well. I think our circumstances are similar.

You won’t have any problems to get a tourist visa with your Brit passport. You will be able to do it on line, but since you are taking your Thai TGF with you, you might as well go to the VFS office (Australian visa application centre) at the Trendy building in Soi 13 Sukhumvit, close to the Nana station in Bangkok together.

Your wife will need a completed 1419 Application for a visitor visa and so will you. Your TGF will need certain documents as well. A birth certificate, her name on your Tabien baan (house book), marriage and divorce papers from a previous relationship if applicable, a change of name certificate if applicable, a Thai passport, two passport pictures and her Thai I.D card, back and front (2 copies) and pictures of you and her together over a period of time. Pictures showing you and her with some of her Thai family will help also. A Thai Last Will & Testament with her as the beneficiary would help as well. Her documents will not have to be translated for a tourist visa only. VFS will only keep copies of her documents, but will want to sight the originals.

Since you have been supporting her for a few years and she is not working now, any letters from previous employers should be less important. In her 1419 application, she can put down retired, but should know when she retired from work. She will have to leave a Thai bankbook in her name with VFS, which will be returned when she picks up her Visa Grant Notice. VFS will not keep her Thai passport and her Thai I.D. They only want the 2 copies of it.

You will have to bring your Thai bank books as well, which VFS will keep also, until you get your visa, which should take about ten working days. The bank books should show all money transactions for the last six months. Don’t forget to make copies of your chanote (title) of your property as well.

You will have to write a letter of Invitation, explaining as much as possible about your relationship and the reason why the TGF and you will want to visit Australia. Tourism and visiting your friend in Perth should be sufficient. You will also have to guarantee, that you will financially support the TGF in Australia.

A letter from your friend in Perth saying that he will provide accommodation for you and the TGF is also important.

Get at least three statements from close friends here in Thailand, saying that they have known you and the TGF living together as a de facto couple for at least 12 months

Go the www.immi.gov.au website, where you can download the 1419 forms, which will save you a trip to Bangkok. The website will also give you all the information you need, probably more than you need. The Thaivisa.com web site is also a good source of information and so is the VFS website.

Doing the visa applications by yourself will probably save you 50 K THB. Only you, being in a permanent relationship with your de facto wife, is allowed to assist with her application. I am sure Darren will give you a few ideas at the meetings at the club as well.

Make sure you use the latest Visa 1419 application forms. The Australian Embassy change the forms every April, July and November and won't accept an outdated one.

• Upvote 2