Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Time to get a cleaning, and I am hoping a few members can post what they paid and the name and location of the dentist. Obviously only if they were satisfied with the work.

Hopefully the info will also help others in the same situation.

Thanks.

Probably a bit overpriced but I have been using Pattaya International Hospital for at least 10 years and service has always been excellent.. Check up is free but they always add on cleaning and polish. I pay approx 1,000 baht.

I've been going to the same place every 3 months for years. There are so many in Pattaya Thai opposite and along from Tuk Com. Mine is next to the Cucumber bar...... Cost 500 bt which is standard. No unnecessary rip off extras suggested. My son lives in Australia but gets all his cleans and checks here.

Sometime they ask if I mind waiting when I walk in off the street. "How long?"
"Is 5 mins ok?"

I love Thailand

Edited by atlas2

A simple cleaning is around 500 baht, I use one of the clinics on Pattaya Klang, they also check if you have some issues, cavities etc. Whitening is more expensive.

Edited by Patna

Coincidently, just got back from getting my teeth cleaned and a filling. Been using Dental Paragon, Pattaya Klang for four years now. Teeth cleaning B500, filling was B800.

IMG_20140604_0001.jpg

IMG_20140604_0002.jpg

I paid 900bt for a clean and check up. Blood came out when I swilled with that weird tasting solution they give you, so they must have done something for the extra 400.

• Downvote 1

I've been going to the same place every 3 months for years. There are so many in Pattaya Thai opposite and along from Tuk Com. Mine is next to the Cucumber bar...... Cost 500 bt which is standard. No unnecessary rip off extras suggested. My son lives in Australia but gets all his cleans and checks here.

Sometime they ask if I mind waiting when I walk in off the street. "How long?"

"Is 5 mins ok?"

I love Thailand

Thanks all.

Looks like 500 baht is the price, for farangs anyway, for a simple cleaning.

I asked the Kittipoj clinic next to Cucumber. The price for a "normal" cleaning is 500, and 600-1000 for a not-so-normal cleaning.

The place next to it, Smile, wants 600, so I guess they are trying to generate a little extra.

And a filling is 800 baht, someone said above. Fillings can vary, but good to know.

• 1 month later...

I paid 900bt for a clean and check up. Blood came out when I swilled with that weird tasting solution they give you, so they must have done something for the extra 400.

Try flossing once a day. Next cleaning your gums will not bleed.

A simple cleaning is around 500 baht, I use one of the clinics on Pattaya Klang, they also check if you have some issues, cavities etc. Whitening is more expensive.

Any prices on Teeth Whitening?

Any prices on Teeth Whitening?

Eat in or take-out?

I get mine cleaned every 3 months. The first time I got mine cleaned it was 800 baht, each subsequent cleaning was 500 baht. I'd like to think this was because the first time I wasn't a return customer. My girl friend hadn't had hers cleaned in two years, the charge was 1000 baht at the dental clinic she went to, not the one I go to.

The place I go to is 'Dentqal Art Clinic' on North Soi Baukhoa, 502/34 Moo 10 ; 038-720-990 or 038-720-991 .

I believe there is another one on Soi Lengkee that the dentist switch between.

FYI, 2000 baht for a night guard. 2000 baht for a upper&lower teeth cleaning tray. I bought cleaning gel from them last year, way way overpriced. I think it was an extra 2000 baht for a small tube of whitening gel, another tube that is twice to three times the amount in their tube was purchased off Ebay for 5 dollars US, I brought my own this year.

A "simple" Thai cleaning is one that is done every 4 months, as there cleanings do not compare to ones done in western countries. Usually it requires a 30-45 min visit and they set speed records when doing the cleaning here. I go because when I'm home, the dentist office is close to me, but the quality is on the low end for a cleaning

Root canals and fillings are up to par and acceptable. Whitening is good, but you need a Dentist who will take his time and do it right, cheaper is not better on that procedure.

Edited by Greg_B
  • Downvote 1