Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Little Costa Rica held Holland goalless in the first half. Their goal keeper made quite a few good saves. Arjen Robben is without a doubt a top player, but takes a lot of dives. He does not do that when he plays at Bayern. The referees would give him quite a few yellow cards, if he did that in the Bundesliga. Robben would then spend a lot of time sitting on the bench under coach Pep Guardiola.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Group of death lol. Try group G for a real challenge.   Looks like the lowest ranked team will win the group.

Hi,   The World Cup is in a very glamorous setting this year, Brazil. I’m sure some on here find Brazilian women almost as hot as our Thai ladies so there are a few reasons to go if one has the mone

Saintly Mrs Gonzo was smart enough to have a good sleep last night instead of watching the poor games shown. She seems to know more about football than I do. One thing is for sure, if it would not hav

Posted Images

Costa Rica should be so proud of their team to have held the highly rated Netherlands team scoreless through 120 minutes of play.

Composed on a mobile phone.

Phew!

Pleased for the Dutch…... Deserved that win.

Costa Rica……..Pop 4 million!! No standing Army…… Pushed us out and took Holland…..(The world's biggest army…... in height ) all the way.

A loss by penalties counts as a draw on the manager's record…...

Hope they get heroes reception back home…...

Costa Rica should be so proud of their team to have held the highly rated Netherlands team scoreless through 120 minutes of play.

Composed on a mobile phone.

It has spoiled my day now, to see Costa Rica loose in such an unfortunate way. Arjen Robben should have been red carded for taking all those dives to get free kicks for his team. Like Team USA, Costa Rica nearly won when they had some very good chances near the end of the game.

I think that Costa Rica was fortunate during the game.

Yes, but they had a very good goal keeper making lots of good saves. I thought he might be able to save a penalty during the penalty shoot out, but it was not to be. A goal keeper is one of the most important positions in a football team. There was some very good goal keeping so far. Hitting the goal posts twice is not being unfortunate. It is just another opportunity missed. Just my opinion. :smile:

• Upvote 2

Yes, but they had a very good goal keeper making lots of good saves. I thought he might be able to save a penalty during the penalty shoot out, but it was not to be. A goal keeper is one of the most important positions in a football team. There was some very good goal keeping so far. Hitting the goal posts twice is not being unfortunate. It is just another opportunity missed. Just my opinion. :smile:

I always count a ball that hits the post unfortunate. No one says a ball that just scrapes in was fortunate. Near Misses are misses but there is an element of luck good or bad in all 3.

Hi,

Many new teams have established themselves in this tournament but Costa Rica are the tops. Argentina have di Maria out as well as Kun for the semi so that is going to make it difficult. I like to see those top players, like Neymar as well, its a shame they are missing the business end.

• Upvote 1

Well It's the middle of the bloody night and I find myself back in my indentation on the sofa…………As a kid I would have plumped for Brazil. They were the good guys……Romantic football, extravagant skills……There was an 'otherworldliness' to their play. They put up with our train robbers for years too……Incidentally, those thieves got less from their heist than an England footballer gets paid a month …. (they rightly sent the England team home after a week …...Brazil don't tolerate con-artists impersonating footballers it seems).

But The English Premier league, being stuffed with the best players from around the world…..including Brazilians….. and seeing them play week in and week out instead of every 4 years has destroyed some of the romance. Not quite a case of familiarity breeding contempt but getting there…….

Anyway it's just starting and I'm plumping for the Jermans….. :clueless

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

spacer.jpg If—

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same

I'm feeling sorry for the Brazilians now………All their past triumphs will fade after this disaster……….But so will Germany's in the final.

'Brazilian' once synonymous with the word football…….. I hope they can show some resilience in the 2nd half. Otherwise after this, all that's left and will come to mind is…... a pubic trim.

Brasil's dream turns into a nightmare.

Are the Germans that good or is the Brasilian defense so bad?

I just watched the 7th goal and i think my question is answered....

Edited by groover

Hi,

There is an I in Brazil, there is no I in Germany. Sums it up. Once Dante was picked(age 30, caps 11 ) I knew there was a potential for an inferno !

Hi,

There is an I in Brazil, there is no I in Germany. Sums it up. Once Dante was picked(age 30, caps 11 ) I knew there was a potential for an inferno !

I agree ………..Rolf Harris had a better defence than Brazil!!

• Upvote 1

Taking off his No1 penalty taker, RVP thereby forgoing the chance to bring on his star penalty saver is a crucial call for the Dutch manager……..let's see..

The Thai commentators are already questioning Gaal's decision. Let's hope RVP was injured.

Poor Holland.

But the final will be more exciting. Roll on Sunday.

RVP wasn't injured.

He's one of the 3 players (also Ronaldo and Messi) who are the stars in their clubteams Man United,Real madrid and barcelona, but who somehow never play very well in their national teams.

Both Holland and Argentina don't make a chance against Germany imho.

The coming final will be the easiest win ever for the Germans I think.

Edited by groover

RVP wasn't injured.

He's one of the 3 players (also Ronaldo and Messi) who are the stars in their clubteams Man United,Real madrid and barcelona, but who somehow never play very well in their national teams.

Both Holland and Argentina don't make a chance against Germany imho.

The coming final will be the easiest win ever for the Germans I think.

It's 50/50 in my opinion………And give me a 50/50 choice there's a 90% chance I'll choose the wrong one. I'm going for Argentina…..Even though our last war with them is more recent.

I feel Germany would have preferred to play Holland because they consider the Dutch are intimidated by Germany's historical dominance, just as the English are, (in football). Argentina however, shares exactly the same 'inferiority complex' as Germany…….ie they feel everyone is inferior to them. The Germans don't panic………The Argentinians are ruthless and have Messi.

I feel Germany are the better team, but not by much. I feel Messi is the difference.

I couldn't believe I was plumping for them against Brazil………But now I want Argentina to succeed ……. Messi is a great player. He's honest and fair. Apart from maybe a low centre of gravity he has no physical advantages. He's a super player. He's Superman to Maradona's Bizzaro. (You have to have read the comics as a kid to get that comparison). I'd like to see Messi eclipse Maradona in Argentinian and the worlds's eyes. He needs a great final to do that. If he has one Argentina will win.

If he doesn't then the Germans will win and be insufferable……. and Maradona will be toking to himself….. his place and hand in history secure.

Edited by atlas2

But the final will be more exciting. Roll on Sunday.

Recognize that those were two very good teams but 15 minutes in, it was almost certain it was going to penalty kicks. From what could be discerned on TV, it sounded like the crowd in the stadium was having trouble staying awake for most of the game.

I find it fitting that Netherlands, who scraped by against Costa Rica with a penalty shootout, should lose to Argentina the same way.

• Upvote 1