Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Minix Neo X7 MINI media Tv boxes For Sale

I take mine to the wife's home in Ubon where I've installed Wi-Fi/ADSL and it helps me wile away those long lonely village days waiting for my next inedible meal.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can answer that!   Yes, they are just Android boxes (think Android smartphone with HDMI output and a remote) that work off the internet...they work everywhere you have WIFI access and internet co

After the disappointment of not being able to run the box in my hotel last month as their television was prehistoric (maybe I could have bought a HDMI to phono set of leads?) I set about hunting for a

I just bought lanzlad's Minix M8 box for travelling and my second TV room. It's crisp operating and gets a ton of channels.   I've just cancelled my NFL Game Pass subscription in the (perhaps too op

Posted Images

Has anyone purchased the True time ? Checking a few channels today the quality is excellent , a few free ones are HD

VIP has some good channels for sport , all HD

Looks like a trip to 7/11 for some True time

• Downvote 1

I offer my experience and a shameless plug for the Minix:

I have never used an android device before but have been downloading and streaming live sports on laptop for several years so I'm fairly familiar with all that is available out there in cyberspace. I got a X7 mini back in November and brought it with me to Lithuania for work. I spent lot of time learning all I could on operation and what was available on the Minix. My internet in Lithuania is smoking, testing nearly always over 85Mb/s with 1msec ping on laptop ethernet connection. The 7X tested in 20Mb/s range on same ethernet connection. The 7X worked fine for all movie and tv show downlaods. There was occasional buffering but I could easily associate that to internet slow down at some choke point around the world or high traffic due to "every one home from work" time. Live sports streaming was average as it was choppy, watchable but not smooth as the laptop. The Thai channel applications are a bit choppy as well. There are freeze ups that are easily remedied with a click back and restart the stream. One simply has to realize there is going to be some lost streams due to internet traffic from all over the world to where you are located.

In January I was in Udon 2 weeks. The family home near Kat chup has 3BB internet that tests consistantly 12Mb/S range on laptop WIFI. I tested the ethernet as well but only could get 15Mb/s range. The 7X worked great. Good as Lithuania and the Thai app channels worked much better, there was hardly any drop out. Now, there was some freeze ups but relatively few over a full day and couple days during what might be considered "high traffic" times the video was choppy but not bad. Over all I am pleased with the 7X and have no regret on purchase. It is small, easy to travel with and would be great to keep in the travel bag.

Also, while in Udon I acquired a couple 8H boxes from Phil. Actually, he posted them to my wife before, but I got them when I arrived. The 8H is physically little larger than the 7X mini. It also lists better cpu, more RAM and few other upgrades over the 7X. In Kat chup on the 3BB WIFI, I estimate the 8H performed fairly close to the 7X. The Thai app channels were great, movies downloaded well as could be expected for 12Mb/s and live sport streaming was above average, there was some, but little, choppiness. I would place it not quite as good Live sport streaming as the Laptop but very close. And remember this is 12Mb/S WIFI.

I have been back to work 2 weeks now and I gotta say the 8H is the ticket on smoking internet. Live sport streaming is just as good as laptop and of course all movies and shows are great. The 8H tests ethernet at about 60Mb/S range, still not as fast as the laptop but more than enough to get the job done. I have 2 - 40" screens set up, one for 8H and one for laptop, and plan to enjoy this thing a long time.

Anyone out there on the fence just call up Phil and get it ordered. You will not regret. {That is the shameless plug.}

One more note: the 8H came with "Air Mouse." These are ok but I have better experience with regular wireless mouse from tesco. Plug in the USB terminal and you are off to the races......

How did you watch the Superbowl, 86tiger? I couldn't get a single link on SportsDevil to connect, so I missed the whole first half of the game.

I eventually tried a USA VPN connection, and my LIVE TV connections started working...I have TRUE, so this must be the problem lanzalad has been referring to.

The problem with lanzalad's channel list is that it's not broken into segments like some others (like ALL CHANNELS, SPORTS CHANNELS, MOVIE CHANNELS), and the ALL CHANNELS list is really hard to navigate with an AIR Mouse...it was jumping all over the place as I scrolled down. I finally said fuck it and chose SKY SPORTS 1, but then I missed all the good commentary from the NBC(?) broadcast, plus all the good commercials.

BTW, for lanzalad, do you have a stream for NBC on the LIVE TV list? I couldn't find it, but then, as I said, it was nearly impossible to navigate the scroll list with so many channels in one list.

Consider fixing that, eh?

How did you watch the Superbowl, 86tiger? I couldn't get a single link on SportsDevil to connect, so I missed the whole first half of the game.

I eventually tried a USA VPN connection, and my LIVE TV connections started working...I have TRUE, so this must be the problem lanzalad has been referring to.

The problem with lanzalad's channel list is that it's not broken into segments like some others (like ALL CHANNELS, SPORTS CHANNELS, MOVIE CHANNELS), and the ALL CHANNELS list is really hard to navigate with an AIR Mouse...it was jumping all over the place as I scrolled down. I finally said fuck it and chose SKY SPORTS 1, but then I missed all the good commentary from the NBC(?) broadcast, plus all the good commercials.

BTW, for lanzalad, do you have a stream for NBC on the LIVE TV list? I couldn't find it, but then, as I said, it was nearly impossible to navigate the scroll list with so many channels in one list.

Im on the hunt now and i'll post them if i find any live links

Found a few but none of the links are working.....

Edited by lanzalad

Yes it is.....

There's two parts to the listing, as follows:-

First part is on 6 servers per channel across the world.

life style

Movies

Documentaries

News

Sport

Kids

Music

Part two 3rd party links as follows:-

life style

Movies

Documentaries

News

Sport

Kids

Music

Adult

Why do i list them like this?

So you can see the better links first and all the 3rd party links and adult after in the second part.

seams logic to me to do this.......

Here's the list as it is on the server http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/topic/63243-minix-neo-x7-mini-media-tv-boxes-for-sale/?p=1099931

Edited by lanzalad
  • Upvote 1

Yes it is.....

6 servers per channel

life style

Movies

Documentaries

News

Sport

Kids

Music

Part two as follows:-

life style

Movies

Documentaries

News

Sport

Kids

Music

Adult

So you can see the better links first and all the 3rd party links and adult after in the second part.

If anyone sees it they will buy it, subject to them having a decent net link...

It's unreal

Yes it is.....

First part is on 6 servers per channel across the world.

Yes that's good..don't know why I never saw any smaller lists when I was navigating the interface. Oh well.

Well, I have to admit I blew it off. Kickoff festivities started 1:30 am here and I didn't have enough interest to sleep early Sunday and adjust nor suffer throught the no sleep pain. Hitting rack at regular time won out knowing it would most likely be posted to YouTube in couple days anyway and I could speed through it at my leasure.

However, I have had good luck with everything else via First Row and VIP Sport in the Sports Devil add on. And even better than laptop because none of the pop up ads to try ones patience.

Also, the more I learn on XMBC the more I like it. It is a powerful app with many add ons available. One of may favs been using with laptop couple years is Project Free TV, practically any US tv series you can name is available for stream or down load.

All in all the Minix rocks......

ETA: On the live feeds in XMBC, I don't use them much. I have couple news feed "go to"'s and will hit an XMBC feed if the firsts or not working. I do use the history and discovery feeds on occasion but that is about it for live feed channels in XMBC.

Edited by 86Tiger
  • Upvote 1

Im on the hunt now and i'll post them if i find any live links

Found a few but none of the links are working.....

Ianzalad, you shared when setting me up there were some apps with servers in Russia. Can you remind me which those are? As I am nestled up to the Motherland maybe some of those will work very nicely here.

Ianzalad, you shared when setting me up there were some apps with servers in Russia. Can you remind me which those are? As I am nestled up to the Motherland maybe some of those will work very nicely here.

Just sent you a message

Martin if you want regular US tv channels sign up for https://www.ustvnow.com/ standard definition is free for regular channels.

However it was greatly overloaded by the super bowl traffic and was not worth watching in thailand.

Once you sign up ustvnow should be one of the video add-ins in XBMC so all you need to do is to enter your email and password and you can watch it on your box.

• Upvote 1

Martin if you want regular US tv channels sign up for https://www.ustvnow.com/ standard definition is free for regular channels.

However it was greatly overloaded by the super bowl traffic and was not worth watching in thailand.

Once you sign up ustvnow should be one of the video add-ins in XBMC so all you need to do is to enter your email and password and you can watch it on your box.

The only thing is that its blocked on thailand and i've tried loads of times and ways to get it working on XBMC / KODI

Guys. as stated above, I don't use the live tv channels very often other than news feeds. If I am doing nothing or in the markets or whatever I do like to have the news playing in back ground. I have noticed a few XMBC news feeds will be "choppy" or freeze occasionally while buffering and I ahve gotten a "cache full" message couple times. If it is unbearable there are plenty of feeds to choose so can change and usually find one acceptable.

I have been cruising the net learning a bit about the Minix and happened upon a neat little trick to help the choppy feeds. It is means to increase you cache parameters. Check out this link http://www.minixforum.com/threads/cache-full.1268/ Read the entire thread as there are some detailed "do this" instructions on 2nd page and a WIKI linked in the trhead with some great info as well.

I have been running the adjusted parameters couple days and can see noticed improvement in live tv feeds. So far I like it. YMMV

JWP

I've been running the Minix for nearly five months.....have had lots of channels drop out of service whilst watching them or suffered huge buffering delays (particularly frustrating when watching sporting events) and also having the sound massively out of sync with the motion graphics more times than I care to remember.Also frustrating is when some channels go offline and can't be watched,or have to be manually re-clicked every few minutes to keep the feed alive.

Some channels are fine but too often the ones I choose let me down badly. I've just booked a forthcoming install of the new BT Infinity 2 broadband here in the UK with fast fast fast download speeds so will see if that changes things for the better. I know the programming is free but the imperfections in the viewing experience are making me wonder if I'll only use it when on the go abroad when I'm in a hotel and have miserable English language tv options, rather than rely on it in the UK when I already have a solid and reliable Sky and Freeview signal available.

In spite of all that,its still well worth the money because when its firing on all cylinders life is good!

I'm hoping my upcoming switch to megafast broadband improves the viewing experience,I'm sure it will be a big improvement.

These boxes rely on free feeds so you can't expect to get a great long term experience. Links change sites go down. A subscription service is the best way to watch trouble free TV.

These boxes rely on free feeds so you can't expect to get a great long term experience. Links change sites go down. A subscription service is the best way to watch trouble free TV.

I pay for live tv links they are not free

ALL PREMIUM LINKS PAID FOR BY MY SELF TO HOST.

EVERY CHANNEL LISTED BELOW IS NOW ON 6 SERVERS ACROSS THE WORLD.

THIS ALLOWS YOU TO TRAVEL WITH YOUR MINIX BOX & THE CHANNELS WILL STILL WORK WHERE EVER YOU GO.

LIFE STLE CHANNELS

BBC One

BBC Two

BBC Three

ITV 1

ITV 2

ITV 4 S1

E4

More 4

RTÉ One

RTÉ Two

E!

UK GOLD

Dave

Food Network

Sky 2

Syfy Channel

Universal Channel

Comedy Central

CBS Reality

CBS Drama

True Drama

True Entertainment

Showcase 2

FOX

MOVIE CHANNELS

Sky Movies Modern Greats

Sky Movies Family

Sky Movies Premiere

Sky Movies Drama

Sky Movies Select

Sky Movies Sci-Fi

Sky Movies Comedy

Sky Thriller

Sky Movies Action

Horror channel

Disney Movies

True Movies 1

True Movies 2

DOCUMENTARY CHANNELS

Discovery Channel

Discovery Science

Discovery Home + Health

Discovery Turbo

Discovery History

History Channel

Animal Planet

TLC

National Geographic

Nat Geo Wild

Crime UK

Quest

ID

Motors TV

Travel Channel

NEWS CHANNELS

CNN

Sky News

Fox News

Sky Sports News

SPORTS CHANNELS

BT Sport 1

BT Sport 2

At The Races UK

Racing UK

EUROSPORT

British Eurosport

ESPN

KIDS CHANNELS

Disney Channel

Disney Junior

Nickelodeon

Disney XD

NickToons

Baby TV

MUSIC VIDEO CHANNELS

MTV Dance

VH1 Classic

Chart Show TV

Channel AKA

Tiny Pop UK

Tiny Pop +1

POP UK

Kix UK

Kix+1

The Vault

PopGirl UK

Flava UK

Bliss UK

Scuzz UK

Chart Show Dance UK

Plus many more channels ............. i don't want to list ....!

So your servers won't get overloaded if you have 1,000 users? And you can offer this long term paying for links and only offering a one off payment. Good luck with that

So your servers won't get overloaded if you have 1,000 users? And you can offer this long term paying for links and only offering a one off payment. Good luck with that

I'm selling the minix pre loaded and anyone will be welcome to download the new app when its finished

i'm having the app made but if you don't buy a minix box from me it will not let you have the channels for free.

how does this work..

i up load a RAW PHP file with every box i sell to a server using the mac address of the box and if your mac address is listed then you get it free.

if your mac address is not listed it will give you 7 days free then shut down and ask for a subscription.

The more i get the more i put back into it.

i'm also looking at adding more and more sports channels ei UK and USA but they are not easy to find as nothing is listed and its more of who you know than just searching.

Edited by lanzalad

I know I'm in the process of setting up my own IPTV server and it's bloody expensive. I have my own locals and shares with others that have their own locals. No more than 1 hop or your asking for trouble down the line. I think you misunderstood me I knew you only give free access to those you have sold boxes too. And know about app/Mac access but how can you be sure those you piggyback onto have their own locals? I get it now you run from a panel and put their links in. They could be resharing with every Tom dick and Harry and as such you have no control over the quality going forward.

Good luck with it and it's a cheap offering for the customers to experience IPTV

Good luck with it and it's a cheap offering for the customers to experience IPTV

Everything seams to be going ok any problems i've sorted out so for and i'll do it again for the future.

And like you said there's nothing cheap about it..........

Everything seams to be going ok any problems i've sorted out so for and i'll do it again for the future.

And like you said there's nothing cheap about it..........

The quality and speed to date where I am can't be faulted, I would imagine going forward intermet delivery would get better ?

Based on technology gets better not worse ,,

Best regards

A Dimwitted but happy customer

• Downvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...