Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 252 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

baht buses from jomtien to beach road

hi all i am planning to rent a condo in either pratumnak or jomtien . how long on average i would need to wait for a baht bus on jomtien to take me to beach road ?

are there lots of baht buses there like in central pattaya and beach road ?

and how much time it takes a baht buse to reach beach road from jomtien or pratumnak ?

hi all i am planning to rent a condo in either pratumnak or jomtien . how long on average i would need to wait for a baht bus on jomtien to take me to beach road ?

are there lots of baht buses there like in central pattaya and beach road ?

and how much time it takes a baht buse to reach beach road from jomtien or pratumnak ?

I think you'll not be seeing any baht buses on Pratumnak.

I don't recall ever seeing one that wasn't in taxi mode or perhaps coming back from a taxi mode drop off somewhere on Pratumnak.

Buses from Jomtien are not too far apart. I have waited at the Residence Garden hotel at most maybe 5 minutes. Travel time varies greatly depending on the time of day. During peak traffic the road after the. Residence Garden is a virtual parking lot. At times it seams you can walk faster.

Edited by ttk

I lived in View Talley 5C in Jomtien from Feb 1, 2012 to Jan. 31, 2013. The sole reason I moved into Central Pattaya was all the hassle with the baht buses, especially during high season. Sometimes 15 or 20 baht buses would go past without stopping. Many were full of Russians, others dead-heading into central Pattaya. Getting back to Jomtien from Second Road wasn't as time-consuming as long as you threw a few shoulder blocks into the Russians trying to jump the queue.

On the peak days of high season (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve), it was damn near impossible to get into Pattaya by baht bus. Songkran was nearly as bad, plus you'd get doused with water a dozen times along the way. One proviso - if you live farther south in Jomtien than View Talay 5, it probably won't be as big a problem as I described. The buses were already full for the most part by the time they reached VT 5.

How long it takes, once on the bus, to get into Pattaya depends on where you start, where you want to get off, how much traffic there is and what time of day you're traveling. Best case scenario from View Talay 5 to WS was 10 minutes, normally about 15 minutes, but double, sometimes triple, that if traffic were heavy.

Evil
:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 4

Why do you have meetings to go to?

Now that's a peculiar question!

Evil

:devil

I think Eye4 just suggesting…….What's the need for hurry?….to the OP's questioning 'how long does the Journey take?'

For me, when I first came to Thailand I got impatient wasting my 'girl-time' waiting for the lift/elevator.

Didn't they start making the Baht buses have a "jomtien permit" to go that direction...?

If so, your choices are limited when getting back

• 2 weeks later...

How far along Beach road Jomtien do the Songthaews go before turning around or do many turn around at the Police box?

TIA

How far along Beach road Jomtien do the Songthaews go before turning around or do many turn around at the Police box?

TIA

Many, but certainly not all, turn around at the police box.

I live at view talay 1. getting a songtaw to second road is never a problem, almost 24 hours a day. 10 baht. Getting back at night to jomtien is harder. if you are a sucker, wait at south pattaya road corner for them to fill up, or walk up a 100 meters and catch one not full.

• 3 weeks later...

I live at view talay 1. getting a songtaw to second road is never a problem, almost 24 hours a day. 10 baht. Getting back at night to jomtien is harder. if you are a sucker, wait at south pattaya road corner for them to fill up, or walk up a 100 meters and catch one not full.

I stayed at vt1 for a couple of months earlier this year and used to look at the queue waiting for the baht bus to go back to Jomtien from second road and think .."Stuff that " and started walking and tried flagging them down on the way ....I would say 9 times out of 10 they won't stop regardless of how full they are and I lost count of the number of nights I walked back to Jomtien. Occasionally when I had company I paid 150 baht to hire one to myself

What queue? This is Thailand, just walk to the back of the bus and get on. Others may be waiting for more comfortable seating arrangements or just having a talk amongst themselves. Biggest downside is after 3:30 ish when you sit on the bus and wait for it to fill. Usually not too long and gives an opportunity to strike up conversations with your fellow passengers.

• Upvote 1

I stayed at vt1 for a couple of months earlier this year and used to look at the queue waiting for the baht bus to go back to Jomtien from second road and think .."Stuff that " and started walking and tried flagging them down on the way ....I would say 9 times out of 10 they won't stop regardless of how full they are and I lost count of the number of nights I walked back to Jomtien. Occasionally when I had company I paid 150 baht to hire one to myself

for the price of a beer you get a taxi ride home - marvelous

I stayed in Jomtien last season. It got to be a bother to catch bahtbus to/from Pattaya. Many times a bahtbus would be full when they pass you on Jomtien Beach road. The system of filling up the bahtbus on 2nd and Tai isn't all that bad except the drivers usually insist on getting six to a bench. Years ago when only Thai's (slim) boarded up that was ok, now fat westerners and fat Thai's just don't fix 6 to a bench. Sometimes I road in the cab, and paid 20 baht, but it was air conditioned. I could have been taken for a ride on the price, I didn't mind.