Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Retirement Extension Renewal or 1st Timers

Anybody out there recently renewed their Retirement Extension, or obtained it for the first time.

Was it a normal processing time?

I am asking wrt Chonburi (Pattaya/Jomtiem), but other areas are of interest too.

It is normally a one day process, get in there early morning with your documents and money, and you can pick up the completed renewal the same afternoon.

The reason I ask is that I have heard of a case of renewal in the Bangkok area, that so far has taken 10 days...... the cause being cited that they are applying the rules strictly, and as such the person's Embassy is required to check if a person is wanted for any reason, perhaps background checks.

Edited by jacko

Great news, thank for the feedback.

Perhaps just this particular location (in BKK), or the guy has some other issues!

I believe it is a new passport too.

Edited by jacko

Great news, thank for the feedback.

Perhaps just this particular location (in BKK), or the guy has some other issues!

I believe it is a new passport too.

We walked past the Soi 5 Immigration office last Thursday morning. There were no people waiting outside Immigration and there were plenty of places to park a car. it is probably due to people watching the World Cup and sleeping in. There are big Buddhist holidays coming up next Friday 11.July, which will end on the following Monday on 14. July. People should be aware of this.