Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The Balcony Restaurant On Soi Bukhao Now Closed

I had a very simple breakfast at the Balcony on Soi Buakhao a few days ago but I went there today based on Evil's report on the venue. Had a fresh shrimp cocktail - I say fresh because the shrimp was indeed fresh out of the water, then roast duck and wine, finished with a coffee. Everything was good or I must say excellent, if we consider the prices. I also enjoy sitting practically on the street, watching the world go by. The constant smile on the very nice waitress was a bonus that is hard to forget. I shall make a habit of going back at dusk when the magic hour hits as long as I am staying on Chayaphum, a 2 minutes walk from there...

20140826-DSCN0624_sm.jpg

20140904-DSCN1142_sm.jpg

20140904-DSCN1145_sm.jpg

20140904-DSCN1147_sm.jpg

20140904-DSCN1157_sm.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just wish they'd take the tails of the shrimp.

Well I am happy to see them shelled and cleaned, the tail can be used to pick them up with.

• 5 months later...

I had the fish and chips last night. It was listed as dory fish and was identifiability a piece of white fish rather than "parts is parts." It was moist, not greasy and the breading was not excessive. The chips were definitely French fries, although they weren't crinkle cut; you can't have everything. The vegetable was a bit of rather dry cole slaw. There were no peas mushy or otherwise. Thanks primarily to the fish I liked the meal and the price, 170 baht (I think), was right.

• 2 weeks later...

I like having breakfast or lunch in Pattaya once or twice a week at different good places, before the traffic gets to heavy on the way back to Jomtien in the afternoon. The Balcony Restaurant looks good to me after reading this thread and we will give it a try. :thumbup I have never noticed the place before, but must have driven past the place hundreds of times.

Well I am happy to see them shelled and cleaned, the tail can be used to pick them up with.

I recalled this post recently as I watched an old friend demolish with relish a bowl of Tom Yam Khung.......

There was nothing left, nothing, no shrimp casings, bits of lemon grass, chunks of ginger root, nothing.

I must try him on ribs.

• Upvote 1

I recalled this post recently as I watched an old friend demolish with relish a bowl of Tom Yam Khung.......

There was nothing left, nothing, no shrimp casings, bits of lemon grass, chunks of ginger root, nothing.

I must try him on ribs.

The Balcony Restaurant must be an incredibly good place to eat then , or your friend had not eaten for a week or so. It wasn't atlas 2 trying to change back to a normal diet after trying the 5 days food and 2 days nothing one? :clueless

The Balcony Restaurant must be an incredibly good place to eat then , or your friend had not eaten for a week or so. It wasn't atlas 2 trying to change back to a normal diet after trying the 5 days food and 2 days nothing one? :clueless

This wasn't at the balcony, and I saw him do it at 2 different places.

He has always eaten like that, no pattern left on the plate type of guy.

This wasn't at the balcony, and I saw him do it at 2 different places.

He has always eaten like that, no pattern left on the plate type of guy.

Bloody hell, your mate sounds like my mate Brutus. He is known to have eaten old tyres, batteries, attacked outboard engines from smaller fishing boats, trying get to the people inside the boats and anything else that moves.

Now that he is getting older like some of us, he is content to hang around his small territory near the Adelaide River bridge, a short drive out of Darwin, waiting for tour operators to let people feed him with small pieces of meat offered to him on the end of a stick. The NT Government and the wildlife rangers allows tour operators to use a small stretch of the river to feed the crocs, as it attracts tourists to come to the NT.

Brutus Adelaide River.JPG

• Upvote 1

Walked by last night, but was empty of customers!

Whilst the "Hole in the Wall" across the street was bustling as usual!

Plahgat

Isn't that "hole in the wall" place generally frequented by farang males and farang/Thai couples, but rarely by solely Thai customers?

Isn't that "hole in the wall" place generally frequented by farang males and farang/Thai couples, but rarely by solely Thai customers?

It used to be one of Harris Black's favorites.

As I wrote in the OP, I discovered The Balcony because one of the TGs with me refused to set foot into the "hole-in-the-wall" restaurant. She wouldn't say why, but I got the impression it wasn't related to the quality of the food. I thought maybe there was someone in the place she didn't want to encounter. I later heard the former owner had died one night in the restaurant some years back and some girls were worried about his ghost.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 1

Have looked at this thread from start to finish can't see where it's located directions please ?

It's on the stretch of Soi Bukhao between LK Metro and Soi Diana, just a few doors down from Sugar Sugar.

Evil

:devil