Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 247 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Pizza and Pasta Soi Arunothai

The mrs and I had some business to take care of out in the hinterlands of Soi Arunothai (not an area I am very familiar with), and on finishing it, we spotted this place. We checked that they had both Thai and Italian food, and decided to stop here.

It's simple, basic, and has little in the way of "ambiance ", though it was quite busy for an out of the way eating venue.

I ordered a caesar salad, spaghetti bolognese and a coke zero. The mrs ordered tom yam goong, pad kapao moo and water.

After about 10 minutes, the dishes arrived sans the caesar salad, which took longer. I thought the waitress had forgotten the salad, because when I asked for it to be served at that time, she didn't recall my ordering it. So, my wife said to cancel the order. This was because, after a look at the spaghetti bol, I realized I had ordered too much.

The waitress came back and said they'd already made it, so it was delivered a few minutes later. The thing is, I prefer my salad before the hot meal, but the spaghetti bol was so tasty, I didn't stop to eat the salad.

My wife said both Thai dishes scored a 9 out of 10 on her taste scale. That's marvelous praise, since she normally finds something wrong with Thai food in a mostly farang restaurant...not here.

My spaghetti bol had a good deal of meat in it, hidden by the spaghetti in the photo. The sauce had a strong flavor of, I think, either oregano or thyme..I wish I knew. At first I wasn't sure if I liked such a strong tasting sauce, but after a few bites, I really appreciated the full flavor of the combination in the plate, enhanced and governed by this sauce.

I was not so happy with the caesar salad, nor would I order it again. The dressing which the waitress said was caesar dressing ruined the salad. I should have tasted it before putting it on, and would have been better off with oil and vinegar instead. Also, it was heavy on lettuce and short on chicken and croutons...and much of the lettuce was in 5 or 6 inch strips, so I had to use a knife to cut them to bite sized pieces.

The menu contains no prices that I could see..apparently they are on a whiteboard in front of the menu that we didn't notice. So, it was a real suspenseful moment when she brought the check over. My wife guessed it would be about 500 baht, while I estimated 650 baht. The total (shown in the attached picture) was 468 baht, so she won. That always makes her happy :P

I took a picture that included part of their business hours sign, but it was cut off at the edge of the photo. I did some research and apparently this place is open from 5pm to 5am, but never on Sunday. This makes it an ideal place for a decent meal after being out late...beats Kiss Food or street food, IMHO.

Recommended if you're in the mood for a casual, yet hearty meal that is quite inexpensive.

Pizza and Pasta is on the Pattaya Restaurants map.

2014-07-25 19.22.01.jpg

2014-07-25 19.40.33.jpg

2014-07-25 19.40.58.jpg

2014-07-25 19.43.06.jpg

2014-07-25 19.43.12.jpg

2014-07-25 19.43.39.jpg

2014-07-25 19.48.23.jpg

2014-07-25 20.15.48.jpg

• Upvote 3

I actually prefer my salad after the main course.

Many do. I don't.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The proper way is before. That is why the French are skinny for it prepares the stomach for the main course. Hungarians eat it simultaneously because the food is usually heavy. Having it together leads to overeating

The proper way is before. That is why the French are skinny for it prepares the stomach for the main course. Hungarians eat it simultaneously because the food is usually heavy. Having it together leads to overeating

I always thought of there being 2 types of salad..... a side salad to replace the spuds for those weight conscious, or a starter, replacing soup or pate as an appetiser. There is some difference between each side of the Atlantic though, British salads are often pathetic and dull, US ones are just something to ease the guilt-complex of the fat women. :D Croutons and blue cheese dressing is not helpful in reducing calorie intake!

I always thought of there being 2 types of salad..... a side salad to replace the spuds for those weight conscious, or a starter, replacing soup or pate as an appetiser. There is some difference between each side of the Atlantic though, British salads are often pathetic and dull, US ones are just something to ease the guilt-complex of the fat women. :D Croutons and blue cheese dressing is not helpful in reducing calorie intake!

Oh, forget those creamy monstrosities, like Thousand Island, "French" or the likes out of the bottle. By salad I meant real dressing made from scratch. Lemon squeezed on crushed garlic, onions, mixed with some extra virgin olive oil, salt&pepper and some fresh coriander. Lemon or balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar.

• Upvote 1

I was visiting in the area some while ago and I thought that the restaurant seemed totally out of place in that area. Seems that it knows what it is doing so thanks for the review.

They also have a fixed price meal for a very good price. Comprising entree main and desert with a choice of about six dishes for each. I live just around the corner so have been a couple of,times.

Live in the area and never thought to give this restaurant a try as I eat pretty much exclusively thai food. Based on the restaurant's name, didn't think they had Thai food. Tried their gang keow gai (green curry with chicken) and have to say it's one of the best I've had. Thanks MM for the recommendation.