Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to go into much length about the other dishes. They were all good if unremarkable. The portions were always big.   Chicken Maryland:     Chicken korma, a mild curry dish popula

I dreamt again last night that I'd blithely skipped through a minefield, so I thought I'd do a review of the Pattaya Beer Garden.     It's the kind of place that, for reasons not entirely clear

It always amazes me when I see falangs who insist on eating western food in Thailand. I have heard the justification that they usually eat Thai food but every now and then like to get stuck into some

Posted Images

Has it been confirmed that Pattaya Pete has sold PBG? If so, who are the new owners? I must admit, it's been a long time since I've eaten at PBG because of discouraging reports about the food there.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil

Nice views during the day, and if you stick to just beer, you probably can't go wrong.

Agree ... and by the look of those clouds I was in there when that pic was taken....

EDIT = Were you there during the thunderstorm? I was watching the para-gliders up in the air amongst the lightning strikes. Bizarre atitude to safety..!!

Edited by Bullfrog

I can confirm that he has not sold the PBG. :D

Hahaha... so what is he doing about the shit food..??

The new chef is crap ... your girls still work hard, are good company and your drinks are delicious...Only that far corner lets you down...

• Upvote 1

I always like sitting at PBG and chillin out. I haven't eaten there in a while but i never had a bad meal there and the missus always liked the Thai food.I am not a crtitc nor would i expect even 4 star food there, will have to have a looksee for myself soon

Ate there yesterday with the wife. Her Thai food was described as "ok but need more spicy" and my farang meal was quite good.

The only problem was that her food arrived about 15 minutes before mine so we had to take turns watching each other eat. It should be fairly basic kitchen management to get orders for couples out at the same time although this seems to be a struggle for most restaurants in Thailand.

As far as service was concerned, it would have been better if the black and blue dressed staff spent less time chatting with each other and more time helping the songkran shirts who seemed to be the only ones doing anything.

All in all the PBG is still a nice place to go to and we'll be back there on our next trip to town.

• Upvote 2

I always like sitting at PBG and chillin out. I haven't eaten there in a while but i never had a bad meal there and the missus always liked the Thai food.I am not a crtitc nor would i expect even 4 star food there, will have to have a looksee for myself soon

I would totally agree with this until sometime last year when "something" changed. No idea what but was told it was a new chef. I have had some fantastic thai meals in there and some great afternoons with friends and family but from now onwards alcohol only..

I have eaten twice in the last week and the food was fine. Thai lady seemed happy with hers. The only thing that I commented on was that the service staff were inconsistent. They have lost the level of professionalism that they had in the past. This is never easy to put a finger on as it is a collection of small things.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Had the club sandwich there around 1:00pm today. Staff and service excellent, price amazing at 140bt for what you got, sandwich was great, wedges were awesome being crispy on the outside but soft on the inside and the salad was just enough.

Would I go back?

Hell yes - This is still one of the best value for money places in Pattaya.

• Upvote 2

I ate here in Nov 2015 had a great meal and date really enjoyed hers. Oct 2016 not the same didn't like it as much and I had the same order as Nov visit. I'll go again this Nov and get the same meal!!!! I like the table next to the railing in the evening with my date. I agree with the less chatting to each other and help.

Had a club sandwich for lunch on Monday - The sandwich was perfect, the wedges awesome being golden on the outside whilst soft and fluffy on the inside. The small salad was also tasty. Excellent value for 140bt and the service was great.

I went in there yesterday with a date. I had the lamb dinner and he had a burger. I thoroughly enjoyed my lamb, the Yorkshire pud was perfect and he appeared to enjoy the burger.........

I went in there yesterday with a date. I had the lamb dinner and he had a burger. I thoroughly enjoyed my lamb, the Yorkshire pud was perfect and he appeared to enjoy the burger.........

Ladyboy or a reg date?

Yorkshire pud with lamb, how odd!

I will be in there tonight for my Yorkshire pudding sandwich and chips.

I was at the PBG last night. There was the oddest little African dude with two girls that looked East European. He was so hot and sweaty that he was constantly towling himself off. I figured that he had a high fever.

The meal is over and he asks for three checkbins, one for each. He then asks for a carry home container for the food one of the girls had left. He then insulted the waitress who had to remind him that "I not stupid". Finally he left only to return a few seconds later. Seems there was an inch of beer in the bottom of his bottle so he takes the condom off and leaves swigging what was left.

Point is that I better realised what crap some of the waitstaff have to put up with.