Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 252 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

I was at the PBG last night. There was the oddest little African dude with two girls that looked East European. He was so hot and sweaty that he was constantly towling himself off. I figured that he had a high fever.

The meal is over and he asks for three checkbins, one for each. He then asks for a carry home container for the food one of the girls had left. He then insulted the waitress who had to remind him that "I not stupid". Finally he left only to return a few seconds later. Seems there was an inch of beer in the bottom of his bottle so he takes the condom off and leaves swigging what was left.

Point is that I better realised what crap some of the waitstaff have to put up with.

Assuredly, not a job I would be suitable for!

I too ate at the PBG last night. The service was good, but beer wasn't cold enough.

I ordered a Chicken Maryland, which isn't really what I got, it was more of a chicken schnitzel, flat and without bone.

It also came with 2 fried banana fritters, which I originally thought were potato croquettes.... who the hell would come up with that strange mix?

It took a while for the food to arrive too. Overall things pretty good.

Edited by jacko
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to go into much length about the other dishes. They were all good if unremarkable. The portions were always big.   Chicken Maryland:     Chicken korma, a mild curry dish popula

I dreamt again last night that I'd blithely skipped through a minefield, so I thought I'd do a review of the Pattaya Beer Garden.     It's the kind of place that, for reasons not entirely clear

It always amazes me when I see falangs who insist on eating western food in Thailand. I have heard the justification that they usually eat Thai food but every now and then like to get stuck into some

Posted Images

I was there Wednesday evening and had the cheeseburger slider, they were passable. Beer was fine. Service was pretty slack but it was pretty quiet as well. Overall good ambience and a decent hangout

Okay, someone has to ask. What's the growth on the top of the bun?

• Upvote 1

Okay, someone has to ask. What's the growth on the top of the bun?

That´s just some mold growing on top, after it's been lying in a corner for weeks waiting for a customer to order it! ;)

555 :lol: Just joking mate, that's just burnmarks from frying the bun in the pan before assembling it! :rolleyes:

Plahgat

• Upvote 1

That´s just some mold growing on top, after it's been lying in a corner for weeks waiting for a customer to order it! ;)

555 :lol: Just joking mate, that's just burnmarks from frying the bun in the pan before assembling it! :rolleyes:

Plahgat

Or perhaps Pattaya does have seagulls...

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

First time at Pattaya beer Garden for me on my recent trip. Very tasty Choochi Gung for 160 baht if my memory serves me correctly, a slightly overpriced Coke lite and very good service from a Lady named Pom

• 2 weeks later...

Since posting about some bad food experiences at PBG some time ago I have returned numerous times because the location, booze, serving staff and WIB make PBG one of the best places to go in Pattaya - if not the best..

During that time I have had 2 meals, both of which were perfect.

1. Dory is a very "soggy" fish and difficult to get right but PBG is the only place I know that cooks it to perfection. The mash spud and white sauce were both bloody excellent..

2. I have had larb moo and somtam too....Again both of these can be very difficult to get right for individual tastes expecially as you are not standing next to the chef dipping your finger in to give direction on how you want it......dipping your finger into the sauce I meant not the chef!!! Anyways, they were both perfect for my tastes..... No matter where or what I am eating and am asked "you want spicy?" my response is always the same "spicy for a farang, little bit spicy for Isaan" and it seems to do the trick....

It would be totally arrogant of me to think I had any input into any improvements but whatever has happened I am very pleased to see it back on top of the game...

:thumbup

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I was in there again yesterday and ate mostly Isaan food which,for me, was bloody perfect.

All the girls whether wearing songkran shirts, blue or black were a bloody delight....

By the state of my wallet I must have broken my record of 12 Long Islands......My neighbours have just told me that I fell off the back of the motorcy taxi when I got home and they carried me into my slum .......

• Upvote 1