Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi all ... I'm back in pattaya in October 15 for 15 day ... Well all I want advice on is koh sichang or koh samet which is the best island to see for a night or 2 ?? And is there any night life ?? I have been to koh chang b4 and found it so so .. Hope to hear from you all soon thanks..

Koh Sichang fills up with Thais from Bangkok on weekends but is empty during the week. There's no nightlife to speak of. I never bothered to make the trip to Koh Samet, but don't think either can compare with Koh Chang.

Here are a few shots from Koh Sichang

DSC_3303.JPGDSC_2300.JPGDSC_2562.JPGDSC_2351.JPGDSC_2532.JPGDSC_3796.JPGDSC_3369.JPGDSC_3082b.jpg

Edited by RhinoTusk
  • Upvote 3

Koh Samet is very nice for a couple of nights. At night the hotels put tables and chairs on the beach and serve food, there are some cool fire shows also. Inland there are a couple of restaurants and one little bar area. I believe you can still rent atv's and explore around. You certainly would not want to go there for p4p but is a nice place to chill out

I haven't been down to Samet for quite some time. All I can tell you is that if you don't bring something very nice with you that will keep you nearly totally occupied, you will be bored to death.

Ko Si Chang is an easier island to get around , found it a good place for a day trip ,

the Thais enjoy the place ,

Ko Samet has better hotels , beaches , caters more for the western tourists ,

No bar scene as such ,on both island ,

Both worth a visit ,

Joe

Edited by gs joe

I have photo's from our trip ko Si Chang trip and there are no naked brown bunny's in any of them.

We have had an adventure at both islands, as you only have 15 days in Pattaya I wouldn't waste time travelling to either of them. To much do in and around Pattaya. If you do go take a lady with you and hire a scooter.

Hut on Ko Si Chang

20101011_95.JPG

and the view

20101011_99.JPG

The photo shoot

20101012_159.JPG

The hut on Ko Samet

IMGP2238.JPG

The scooter on Ko Samet check out the tread on the white one

IMGP2249.JPG

Edited by aussiechic
  • Upvote 1

Koh Chang has more to do and easier to explore on a scooter as the roads are tarmaced...although beware the tight hairpin bends... Even a small bar scene there but I wouldn't rely on it...better to bring your own.

Koh Samet is a great getaway for 2 or 3 days and I did hire a scooter there even though there are no proper roads and riding one is extremely hazardous. I was there before the oil spill so not sure if that has had any lasting effect on the beaches I hope not because they are some of the nicest...which is why I one in my avatar.

Never been to Ko Si Chang so can't comment...I believe there is another Ko Chang island as well which is off the coast of Ranong in the Andaman sea