Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Premier League 2014-15

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here we go again ! After Englands abysmal performance in the World Cup the fans will be happy to see the start of the Premier League. This seems the most open one in a long time with 5 teams having realistic hopes of winning the crown. The money has been for Man Utd and Chelsea but Man City will be hard to beat. It’s hard to retain the crown however and that is a negative against them. Arsenal done well last season and if they hadn’t injuries at critical times, who knows ? Liverpool could have won last year, Gerrard made a mistake that he will never forget, but they will miss the excellent Suarez. Can they replace his goals ?

Man City as champions must go close again. They have been hampered with Financial Fair Play but have made some good signings nonetheless. Mangala is the most recent and he is another good addition to what looks a mean defence.

Chelsea have got rid of some of the old guard. They all gave good service but Jose thinks new blood is needed. Costa looked world class for Athletico last season and with Fabregas should help the goals tally. Russia is not the flavour of the month however and it must be a negative that the club is Russian owned.

Arsenal ended their drought with a win in the FA Cup last season and maybe they will improve after that victory. Wenger wanted to buy Sanchez before his move to Barcelona, and he has finally got his man after Sanchez failed to fit in at the Camp Nou. All his signings look good ones this time around.

Liverpool will miss Suarez and the jury must be out on whether they can do as well this year. It’s good for English football to see Liverpool in contention again so I hope they have a good season. However they have done a Spurs, buying lots of players to replace one star and it doesn’t always work out.

Man Utd are the only main team starting with a new manager. Van Gaal has a great record and he wont be intimidated by the demands of the job. He is not everyones cup of tea and it will be interesting to see how well he gets on with the usually grovelling sports journalists. United have lost virtually their whole defence with Evra, Ferdinand and Vidic moving on. The have an easy start to the campaign, but can they beat the big teams this season ?

Of the other teams Everton have the excellent Martinez in charge. If they got an oligarch owner they could be in contention but the oligarchs don’t seem to fancy buying the club. Stoke done well last year and should be able to maintain the level this time. Bojan is another failure at Barcelona who could make a difference if he can recapture his form. Pochettino moves to Spurs and he seems a young manager on the up. Many managers have failed at Spurs and they are perennial underachievers.

The rest seem to be battling to stay in the League. Newcastle have their usual behind the scenes dramas and Southampton have been asset stripped by a reluctant owner. Sunderland only survived last season but with another Uruguayan in charge, Poyet, they should be OK this time.

Enjoy the season and I hope your team does well. Arsenal are my team and I’m hoping for a good season. If Sanchez can do a Suarez maybe they can surprise. Lets hope he has no bad habits ! All in all, it looks like Chelsea for me.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

City are not used to playing such good passing sides , Barca played well and when in groove are hard to get ball off , Chelsea aside city are way ahead regards passing and retaining ball , but Barca w

Agreed they can beat any team in EPL but are not playing as a unit , Rooney looks unhappy I struggle to see 3 at back can work , it allows opposition the channels to attack,,   Yet congests the Man

Stoke are playing sime good stuff under Hughes like West Ham they can mix it up , Man Utd would kill for Shawcross or the new fish out of Shawshank lol

Didn't believe the Pulis headline when I first read it, thought it was some kind of extra board position he held but no, with two days to go before the start of the season, Pulis walks out because twat Parish has "no plan."

TP saved Palace last season, and this is the thanks he gets???

Bizarre!

Wouldn't be surprised to see TP get scooped up by likes of Newcastle or the Hammers mid season ...
wacmedia, on 14 Aug 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

Hi,

I was first to vote, hope so anyway.

Delete My Vote Edit this poll

Ah yes. I need to vote or do a null vote before I can see the rest of the votes. Duh.

Think I will wait for the Transfer Window to close before I cast my vote.

Who did you vote for, Chelsea or Arsenal?

Who did you vote for, Chelsea or Arsenal?

Hi,

Like malk I hope Arsenal win but I've backed, and voted for, Chelsea.

wacmedia, on 15 Aug 2014 - 4:38 PM, said:

Hi,

Like malk I hope Arsenal win but I've backed, and voted for, Chelsea.

Okay, I'll vote for Liverpool. I'm still going to say who I fancy when the transfer window closes though.

Come on you Spurs!

Okay, at this stage of the Poll, three votes for Chelsea, two for Man U, One for Liverpool and One for Arsenal.

I see that I can now delete my vote if I wish. What happens if I do that? End of story or do different options appear?

Several anonymous voters already. What's up with that! Come on guys, if you vote, post who you voted for. Let's be transparent here :thumbup

I see that I can now delete my vote if I wish. What happens if I do that? End of story or do different options appear?

You can vote again, a different selection or null.

Well, perhaps an option for those who voted MU.

Ah, thanks. Not sure if that's a good option or not? Being allowed to change your vote.

Hi,

I didn't know you could change your vote. Not a good option IMO. I can agree with you that it is not ideal that the league starts before the transfer window closes. I like to have a bet before the start as one team may make a big signings and sway your opinion, then he gets injured in the first game and is out for the season. :bhappy I saw Man Utd team before the game on Saturday and I couldn't believe it ! Many of the peole LVG wants to sell were on it. I had just bought a few drinks and gave one of my mater the fiver change to put on Swansea. Paid my refreshment bill for the day. :gulp

Hi,

Those who backed Man City at short odds had to sweat to the end as Newcastle put up a fair show. It took Kun to come on and finish them off at the end. He showed great balance to score that goal, very few strikers could have done it. Liverpool scraped home against Southampton as did Arsenal against Palace. Man Utd need to replace Evra, Vidic and Ferdinand, apart from that they have a good defence. Too early to evaluate how the season will go, ten games is a fair point to judge as teams have played a number of opponents home and away. Chelsea should be too good for Burnley tonight, but I'd love to see Burnley stay up. Gonna be tough though.

Apart from at the back, Man U need more defense in midfield. Team is still very disjointed with no spinal structure.

Phil Jones is the worst player to play in the EPL,,, City and Chelsea won at a canter, I can see Chelsea winning as the can play and also tough out a result...

• Downvote 1

Agreed Parhwahn!

You look at the Man U squad and ask of all those players would would start at Chelsea or Man City and I only see two -- Rooney and Van Persie, the rest just not up to standard, IMHO.

Agreed Parhwahn!

You look at the Man U squad and ask of all those players would would start at Chelsea or Man City and I only see two -- Rooney and Van Persie, the rest just not up to standard, IMHO.

Yes that's the strength of it, people speak about Arsenal winning EPL it's crazy talk, them like Man utd don't have the squads City and Chelsea have.

Probably the best games are not seen, Chelsea v Chelsea reserves and City v City reserves would be great spectacles no nasty fouls etc.

It's a numbers game, have the most money sign 22 works class players .... They are the numbers... Simple no secret anymore...

There are so many dead games in EPL not worth a light, teams struggling from day 1...

Man utd v Liverpool on Monday night may be ok two lesser teams and a derby....

• Downvote 1