Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Premier League 2014-15

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

City are not used to playing such good passing sides , Barca played well and when in groove are hard to get ball off , Chelsea aside city are way ahead regards passing and retaining ball , but Barca w

Agreed they can beat any team in EPL but are not playing as a unit , Rooney looks unhappy I struggle to see 3 at back can work , it allows opposition the channels to attack,,   Yet congests the Man

Stoke are playing sime good stuff under Hughes like West Ham they can mix it up , Man Utd would kill for Shawcross or the new fish out of Shawshank lol

Hi,

They sure did. You seem to have a more realistic view than the obsessional one !

Thanks bud. That's like my own Mourinho type nickname " the obsessional one" :lovee

Have you phoned the taxi yet? Why is he playing Wellbeck, and leaving Podolsky on the bench? Why is he not starting Oxelaide Chamberlain, when he improves them every time he comes on? Man U should put in a cheeky bid for him.

I liked Debuchy before he was injured. He might improve them now he is back.

Glad you are seeing the swings and roundabouts of referees decisions. They are not worth mentioning.

Liverpool are in big trouble. Wasted summer spending who are being left on the bench. But why give the manager more money, when he just wasted the Suarez money?

Liverpool are in big trouble. Wasted summer spending who are being left on the bench. But why give the manager more money, when he just wasted the Suarez money?

Hi,

Rodgers and Liverpool look in trouble alright. A win at the weekend would help their cause. :D The road to Berlin is at an end, it's the road to Warsaw now. The Great One has his weaknesses but 15 times in a row CL is a majot achievement while building a beautiful stadium. See all the trouble Liverpool and Spurs are having in that regard. I like the players you mention but you have to back the manager. The younger crowd dont have the memories of the North Bank and us playing lousy football. Wenger has changed the club, and the game in England. He has turned Arsenal into entertainers and he has won plenty as well. :clap1

Hi,

Man Utd v Liverpool is the game of the weekend. Not having a bet on that but hoping the scousers win. :D Arsenal are ravaged by injuries and face an in form Newcastle at Arsene Wenger Stadium.

Arsenal outclassed Newcastle. Looking good to clinch a champions league place now.

Van Gaal is working wonders. Two defenders available, both been out for a month, and they keep a clean sheet. I think he has used 41 players this season. Still obviously miles away from the finished article, but the potential is there. Compare what he took over from Moyes, plus the injuries, v the underachieving Wenger, who had over a decade to build a team.

Didn't know that Liverpool had interviewed Van Gaal before hiring the loser Rodgers! How could they make such a stupid call? Rodgers was non proven. Van Gaal has a proven track record at the highest levels.

Hi,

Man Utd show the benefit of having a good goalie and proven strikers. How often has De Gea won Man of the Match on a winning team?Liverpool with Suarez would have scored at least 5. Still Utd are short a lot through injury. Will De Gea be in Madrid or Manchester next year. Great Arsenal performance against the Toon, Spurs fluke a win in Wales.

How often has De Gea won Man of the Match on a winning team?

Probably the same amount as Petr Cech over the years! De Gea made some great saves recently, but it's just a media narrative now. The save against Sterling was more to do with Sterling's poor finishing. Same with the Ballotelli saves. Has he scored in the PL?

Looking like the usual top 4. :thumbup

Probably the same amount as Petr Cech over the years! De Gea made some great saves recently, but it's just a media narrative now. The save against Sterling was more to do with Sterling's poor finishing. Same with the Ballotelli saves. Has he scored in the PL?

Hi,

Have to agree, the finishing was poor. Sterling finished better last night, however.

Hi,

Nidnoyham was a good poster on football but seems to have given up on PT. I hope Brentford make the Prem this year for him. They are in contention. The best games this weekend are on Sunday. The Tyne/Tees derby could go either way but Sunderland seem to have the edge lately. Liverpool v Arsenal is the other game and I hope the gooners get at least a point.

I cant see Arsenal making the top 4, they are kicked out of it too easy and the defence is appalling ..

Man utd will be 3rd, next year a few defenders they could get second...

Chelsea are a good bet for CPL they can win ugly , win on break and win playing ....

• Downvote 1

I cant see Arsenal making the top 4, they are kicked out of it too easy and the defence is appalling ..

Chelsea are a good bet for CPL they can win ugly , win on break and win playing ....

Hi,

Arsenal need a few players like Viera and Petit. They are a bit soft, but can still play nice football. I still give them a chance of a top 4 finish.

Hi,

I saw yesterdays games a little different than the pundits have. I thought Sunderland should have had the match won at half-time if Wickham could hit a barn door with a banjo. Coutinho stood out in the other game as a class player in a poor show by both teams. The only teams to impress so far are Chelsea and City. The rest look mediocre. :cry2

The transfer window opens soon. What impact will that have?

MCI has injury problems but only three points behind. Chelsea looks great. Arsenal needs help. Liverpool looks awful. Newcastle and Swansea City are overachievers. Spurs are not as good as expected. West Ham - can they keep it up?

ManU has figured it out but 10 points is a lot to make up against the two above.

Hi,

I saw yesterdays games a little different than the pundits have. I thought Sunderland should have had the match won at half-time if Wickham could hit a barn door with a banjo. Coutinho stood out in the other game as a class player in a poor show by both teams. The only teams to impress so far are Chelsea and City. The rest look mediocre. :cry2

Didn't see it., but Arsenal got a scathing review on MNF. Carragher and Neville tore them apart!

But Arsenal have so much quality in some positions, they will surely make it when West Ham and Southampton fall away as their bottle crashes at being in CL positions.

Carragher and Neville showed up Flamini on MNF. I had liked Flamini. I thought he was solid, but their highlights showed the game passed him by.

But Arsenal have so much quality in some positions, they will surely make it when West Ham and Southampton fall away as their bottle crashes at being in CL positions.

Carragher and Neville showed up Flamini on MNF. I had liked Flamini. I thought he was solid, but their highlights showed the game passed him by.

Let's see a team that can't pick up a centre half at a corner .. Well I can see West Ham beating Arsenal over Xmas..

Flamini is one of their better players, look at Chambers and Welbeck ... Not good enough, Welbeck can't even make an angle , never knows where to run...Chambers looks like a junior player

Edited by Parkwahn
  • Downvote 1

Time for the Grinch gripe ... :ninja:

WTF is it with you Pommies and Premier League scheduling?
Total fuck up over Xmas and New Year, four games in 10 days or something. I know it's tradition but it favors the rich clubs with huge squads.
Meanwhile, back in September, only a few weeks after the league started, we had two weeks off for international friendlies, then again a few weeks later ...
And for the creme de le creme ...
How the fook can Stoke play Man U in the league on Dec. 2 and then again in the league on Jan 1???
Same goes for Arsenal, we played them on Dec. 6, then again we clash on Jan. 11.
Why shuffle the schedule for the second half of the season??? Surely if you play a team on opening day then you play them again in the first match of the second half of the season?
:clueless :sosad
Off for a bath and a massage.
:soapbox:
PS Looking forward t tonight's games! :bhappy
Come on Stoke!

WTF is it with you Pommies and Premier League scheduling?

Hi,

I'm not a Pom, but the main reason is that it is a holiday time in England and many have a two weeks off. It keeps the murder rate down as too much time with your family can be fatal. Horse racing is big at this time of year as well. One can bet Southampton at 4/1, Spurs 5/1, Liverpool at 7/1 and West Ham at 10/1 to finish in the top 4. Arsenal are 2/5 so the bookies fancy them. Wish I was as confident.

Hi,

I'm not a Pom, but the main reason is that it is a holiday time in England and many have a two weeks off. It keeps the murder rate down as too much time with your family can be fatal. Horse racing is big at this time of year as well. One can bet Southampton at 4/1, Spurs 5/1, Liverpool at 7/1 and West Ham at 10/1 to finish in the top 4. Arsenal are 2/5 so the bookies fancy them. Wish I was as confident.

Aren't you British? Pommie is a derogatory term for a Brit used by Aussies and Kiwis.
Or do you just live in England?
Now to me you are just a limey but that's a good thing or we would all still suffer from scurvy.
;)

Let's see a team that can't pick up a centre half at a corner .. Well I can see West Ham beating Arsenal over Xmas..

Flamini is one of their better players, look at Chambers and Welbeck ... Not good enough, Welbeck can't even make an angle , never knows where to run...Chambers looks like a junior player

I also like Flamini. I thought he was what they needed. The pundits put me off a bit though. imho , they need Debuchy and Flamini like, solid guys.

Wellbeck!!! - What a life! With Man U from 9 years old! I think we were both fighting for survival at 9 and up! He " fails" at Man U, and is bought to "fail" at Arsenal for lottery money. I'm sure Podolsky would agree that Wellbeck is one of lifes lucky guys.

I also like Flamini. I thought he was what they needed. The pundits put me off a bit though. imho , they need Debuchy and Flamini like, solid guys.

Wellbeck!!! - What a life! With Man U from 9 years old! I think we were both fighting for survival at 9 and up! He " fails" at Man U, and is bought to "fail" at Arsenal for lottery money. I'm sure Podolsky would agree that Wellbeck is one of lifes lucky guys.

That amazes me about your system of clubs.

Now explain to me the tradition behind the home club walking out to the pitch hand and hand with children who also shake hands with the officials and visiting team.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's cool!!

:thumbup