Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Premier League 2014-15

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Man Utd were appalling,

Hi,

Man Itd had lots of top class players on the pitch but failed to operate as a team. That has to be down to LVG.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

City are not used to playing such good passing sides , Barca played well and when in groove are hard to get ball off , Chelsea aside city are way ahead regards passing and retaining ball , but Barca w

Agreed they can beat any team in EPL but are not playing as a unit , Rooney looks unhappy I struggle to see 3 at back can work , it allows opposition the channels to attack,,   Yet congests the Man

Stoke are playing sime good stuff under Hughes like West Ham they can mix it up , Man Utd would kill for Shawcross or the new fish out of Shawshank lol

Some interesting results this weekend so far.

Gutsy draw for Burnley against Chelsea, I hope they stay up.

Getting tired of Mourinho and his childish antics. Every week some new sulk of "injustice."

Man U were "appalling," according to a Red Devils fan mate, but Swansea are no slouches.

Arsenal very lucky not to concede a last-minuet equalizer against Palace, whose player had a virtual open goal.

Newcastle suffering from "mid table syndrome."

And then there is Stoke City! :thumbup :bhappy

Naturally the appointment of Tim Sherwood dominated the Villa-Stoke EPL preview show but I had a right laugh when the clueless commentator, of the skirt variety, suggested Stoke's confidence was "smashed by consecutive 4-1 defeats" and we were in "trouble of drifting into a survival scrap".
For fook's sake!
Stoke lost to Man City 4-1 after a 1-1 score at halftime. Disappointing but at least we had a go against the champs.
The Potters lost 4-1 to Blackburn in the FA Cup after playing the second half with 10 men. Embarrassing to be honest, but it shows we need more depth after fielding a very weak team due to injuries.
So now Stoke have beat Villa to pop Sherwood's balloon.
That means a mere three defeats in 12 EPL matches.
Pretty impressive record.
Sure we aren't Barcelona but each year we are improving.
Spurs 1-0 down with Eriksen on the bench.
Edited by Dungheap

Hi,

Man Itd had lots of top class players on the pitch but failed to operate as a team. That has to be down to LVG.

Agreed they can beat any team in EPL but are not playing as a unit , Rooney looks unhappy I struggle to see 3 at back can work , it allows opposition the channels to attack,,

Yet congests the Man Utd team , the defenders are not happy there is a mellee in midfield and by the time it gets to the forwards there is no room , Rooney has been great this year IMHO

• Downvote 2

Hi,

Ref proved no friend of Southampton or wac with two good penalties turned down. Kane dives after time to save Spurs. He can't be English. :bhappy

Hi,

Liverpool v Man City is the game of the weekend. City have to bounce back after being outplayed by Barca but Liverpool had their own defeat in Turkey. Pellegrini was slated for playing 4-4-2 but Barca played with 3 forwards so I can't understand how City were outnumbered in midfield. :clueless Outplayed maybe ?

Edited by wacmedia

Hi,

Liverpool v Man City is the game of the weekend. City have to bounce back after being outplayed by Barca but Liverpool had their own defeat in Turkey. Pellegrini was slated for playing 4-4-2 but Barca played with 3 forwards so I can't understand how City were outnumbered in midfield. :clueless Outplayed maybe ?

City are not used to playing such good passing sides , Barca played well and when in groove are hard to get ball off , Chelsea aside city are way ahead regards passing and retaining ball , but Barca were a level above them

• Downvote 2

Hi,

Excellent performance by Liverpool to beat Man City. Pellegrini is a good manager but I feel his days are numbered. Arsenal have a good win against Everton to confirm themselves in 3rd place. It looks like Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool are going to fight it out for the 2 CL places.

I don't think Spurs are out of it either if you take their game in hand. As for my lot, United, we have a whole 2 months of difficult games coming up through March and April, after an extended run of what should have been considered easier fixtures. I am fully expecting LVG and his bloody "philosophy" (How I detest that term being used in football ! :P ) to be clearing his desk by the end of the season. Not sure on Pellegrini though, depends on who's available I think, rather than any knee-jerk reactions. Arsenal and Liverpool definitely seem to have the form at the moment, and my money would be on them for the final 2 CL spots. Chelski have already won it IMHO, but the "Posturing Portugeezer" needs to shut up about his conspiracy theories, they are not working, and his players seem to be the only ones taking any notice of them, and subsequently playing below par. I must admit to surprise wrt both Liverpool & Spurs' decision not to seriously contend the Europa League cup; I would consider that an both an easier, and a fallback, route to CL qualification; which is after all, the prime directive of those two teams.

Edited by Fatboyfat
  • Upvote 1

I don't think Spurs are out of it either if you take their game in hand. As for my lot, United, we have a whole 2 months of difficult games coming up through March and April, after an extended run of what should have been considered easier fixtures. I am fully expecting LVG and his bloody "philosophy" (How I detest that term being used in football ! :P ) to be clearing his desk by the end of the season. Not sure on Pellegrini though, depends on who's available I think, rather than any knee-jerk reactions. Arsenal and Liverpool definitely seem to have the form at the moment, and my money would be on them for the final 2 CL spots. Chelski have already won it IMHO, but the "Posturing Portugeezer" needs to shut up about his conspiracy theories, they are not working, and his players seem to be the only ones taking any notice of them, and subsequently playing below par. I must admit to surprise wrt both Liverpool & Spurs' decision not to seriously contend the Europa League cup; I would consider that an both an easier, and a fallback, route to CL qualification; which is after all, the prime directive of those two teams.

I see Man Utd played 4 at the back, if they do that they will make it ,,, playing 3 at back they wont simple as that

• Downvote 1

Well said Fatboyfat,

Tough games could give Man U a lift. I think RVP's injury is a blessing in diguise as it gets Rooney back as a striker, his best position, IMHO.

Surpised to see Mata on the bench.

Hi,

Well done to Crouch for equalling Shearer in the headed goals list. Heard he is a diamond geezer.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Aston Villa were the only gainers at the bottom of the league in this round of games. All the fancied top 7 all won which must be good news for punters. Man Utd struggled again, and their supporters must be worried about the improved form of Liverpool and Uniteds harder looking run in.

Hi,

QPR v Spurs is the only game this weekend as the FA Cup takes the stage. Spurs done well to win the other night after the defeat against Chelsea. Will they have a hangover today ? Good time for QPR to play them anyway.

Hi,

This could be a critical weekend at the top and bottom of the Prem. Man City and Sunderland both flop while Arsenal and Burnley strenghten their positions. Burnley and Palace seem to have good team spirit which is critical at the bottom of the table. Chelsea had a boost yesterday after their flop in Europe.They face a tough game at Southampton. Man Utd are another team with a critical game against a Spurs team desperate to get into the top 4. One of the mysteries of the season so far is how the hell did Leicester score 5 goals against Man Utd ???

Hi,

This could be a critical weekend at the top and bottom of the Prem. Man City and Sunderland both flop while Arsenal and Burnley strenghten their positions. Burnley and Palace seem to have good team spirit which is critical at the bottom of the table. Chelsea had a boost yesterday after their flop in Europe.They face a tough game at Southampton. Man Utd are another team with a critical game against a Spurs team desperate to get into the top 4. One of the mysteries of the season so far is how the hell did Leicester score 5 goals against Man Utd ???

Not really Man Utd were playing 3 at back, one was Jones any ball in channels to a runner was like a Platini ball,,,

• Downvote 1

At last my "footballing" spirit has been lifted, after yesterdays match against Spurs. Although only watching it on the box, it was the best performance by far this season in my opinion. If we can manage that sort of commitment for the next 6 games, then a CL spot "may" be achievable.....And it "may" be at the expense of City.

Good win for Man U Fatboy, but fook Spurs' defending was woeful.

Fellaini's best game for a long time.

Second or third not out of the equation now for Man U.

Getting interesting down the bottom. Huge win for Everton. Should Sunderland boot Gus? Look at the turn around at Villa.

Hi,

Great performance by Man Utd finishes off Spurs for this season. Southamptons reputation is enhanced with a fighting display against the champions elect. Sherwood seems to have Villa motoring again and Everton seem to be in the mood to have a crack at the Europa Cup.

Hi,

Liverpool v Man Utd is the only game this weekend that excites. In other seasons both sides would have likely had a midweek European game but both have had all week to prepare this year. Bookies favour Liverpool, but Man Utd had a good win last week. Think I will stand on the sidelines.

Will the Aston Villa FA cup semi final be shown on TV as I believe being shown by B.T.sport ?

Chelsea and United play at the same time as Reading and Arsenal, seems they are looking to devalue the FA cup even more...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's two games in a row where United have played well and were a pleasure to watch. It's been a long time since I could say that, I wonder if the "philosophy" is finally coming to fruition? Some good football was played in the first half and there are lots of positives to take from that game, with United inevitably going to buy more players in the summer I think they will definitely be able to go one better next season. Apart from assisting the goal I thought Di Maria was poor again, I don't think he will be around much longer because along with him and Falcao it just doesn't seem to be happening at United although I think Falcao should be given a decent run of starts to prove himself. Di Maria will become the second expensive Argentinian so called superstar that didn't work at United.

Edited by Siam Sam

Hi,

David Moyes must be having a quiet chuckle as his two signings, Mata and Fellani, win the day for United. Gerrard blows it for Liverpool, who had a good second half after being outclassed in the first. Gerrard has been a great player for them but I'd say they can't wait to see the back of him at this stage.

Hi,

Man Utd's win seals the top 4 spots, IMO. There is a big gap to fifth now which is unlikely to be breached.