Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Good grief. I haven't been to Patpong in over a decade. I got leery of the lady boy bars.. kept going into the wrong places and having to order a drink and put up with their importuning me to take them or buy a drink at least. I was new enough that it was just uncomfortable.

Also had an episode at an upstairs bar where my friend and I were hit up for a very high bill after one drink and a totally disgusting pussy show with what looked like a bonafide crack whore.

Spent the most time in Music Cafe after that. . Is it still there?

Nice review!

We go to the same gogos as well!

Didn't barfine from Patpong this year, but had a girl several times from Pink Panther last year.

As you said all girls in here dress in coyote wear, but some of them are still considered as gogo girls and will barfine for 600 baht and 2000 baht ST,

rest are agency girls and most doesn't barfine at all.

Plahgat

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the comments. Don't know the names of the live music places except Radio City and have never ventured into any of the upstairs bars.

I had a thirst for some Crown Royal whiskey one afternoon so went into the Crown Royal bar, but they don't stock it. Go figure. :clueless

Here's an interesting article describing the history of Patpong since the 1940s

http://www.theage.com.au/news/business/the-banana-plantation-turned-sex-zone/2005/09/20/1126982060480.html

A Stickman article from last year

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanWeeklyColumn2013/Timeless-Patpong.htm

The Patpong Wikipedia page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patpong

Edited by RhinoTusk
  • Upvote 1

fantastic and informative stuff, definitely need to invest some time here on next BKK trip....... :thumbup

MBK?

I'm going to assume now, maybe at fotofile?

Sh what did you buy, RT?

Something small?

No, I upsized to full frame from Photo AV. Fotofile wanted 10,000 baht more for the same camera. Here's a monitor lizard I found in Lumpini Park today. I don't think you'll get this shot with a cell phone.

DSC_1790.JPG

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

I made my semi-monthly visit to Patpong tonite and the usual bars: Kings Castle I & Ii, Club Electric Blue, Pink Panther, and Bada Bing. King's Castle raised the price of Jack & Coke from 130 to 150, but CEB still has 59 baht draft. As usual, I had the best time in Bada Bing but left the camera home this time.

After some Long Island Iced Teas, I enjoy taking a Tuk- Tuk back to Sukhumvit. They always asked for 200 and accepted 120. As a sign of the times, now they ask for 300 and won't take less than 150, it's less than a hundred on the meter. Fortunately, i started early and could use the BTS for 31 baht.

Don't know why you feel embarrassed as I found my last two trips there to be quite good. Going to old haunts like the Pink Panther, Kiss and of course some Kings group bars. I found the Kings group bars to be quite shitty compared to others. I was impressed with Bada Bing. Back in the day, the Executive Lounge and especially the Crown Royal where massive expat hang outs but have since changed. Executive lounge isn't even there anymore. Used to be some nice hotties in there as I worked across the street in CP Tower so it was a nightly routine for many years. Superstar, Goldfinger's and Peppermint.

I used to work with Tim (Wanchai) when he was running Tata's career, great link. May he rest in peace

Edited by tequilareef

is thye pickled liver bar still there off soi 11 just past cheap charlies. had some good bights in there

You must have been pretty wasted. The Pickled Liver Pub is on Sukhumvit Soi 7/1, that's quite a ways from Patpong, but the pub is still there.

DSC_3538.jpg

Edited by RhinoTusk
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Actually PatPong is a fun, interesting place that gets bad mouthed a lot, though I'm not sure why. Certainly you have to be aware of the scum that tries to rob you with the upstairs extortion venues. Aside from that, there's a lot to see and do. Its pretty fascinating the way the night market emerges with the night life. Provides lots of eye candy from both angles.

Good photos and I really enjoyed your old trip report. I haven't been to Patpong in the evening for ten years but have lots of great memories of it from the past. I've already planned to stay in Silom for the last four nights of my upcoming trip and spend the evenings on the hunt in Patpong so it's good to see this thread updated. Patpong has a bad reputation because it's a bit of a shit hole but at night it is totally transformed and can be a lot of fun. Although I still absolutely love Nana Plaza and its surrounding area and always will, I've done it so many times and I want to try something different. I can't wait to hit Kings Castle again after all these years. These sort of posts make me realise how much I love Bangkok which is better than Pattaya for everything except mongering and beaches. Even with the mongering it's a close run thing for me, Soi 6 is the only thing that keeps me excited about Pattaya.

Edited by Siam Sam
  • 2 weeks later...

Great memories Rhino Tusk. i still enjoy Patpong as recently as last month was in Kings castle 1 & met up with a girl that I had BF 4 or 5 years ago. She was still great & have to agree with you the bar has one of the best line ups in Bangkok. I like to frequent P Panther as well always full of cuties & eat at La Brouchon whenever in the area.

Patpong was my introduction to Bangkok in the early 1980's our bar of choice being the Mississippi Queen followed by a stager done the street to Grand Prix then a late night / early morning jaunt into Super Star to see Sam & his lovely lasses.

Alway manage to get at least one night there when in Bangkok.

Edited by hwells

IIRC, the Mississippi Queen was the bar used in the movie, "The Deer Hunter".

The best looking girls I've met in BBK have all, without exception, worked in bars on Patpong.

Edited by Samsonite

IIRC, the Mississippi Queen was the bar used in the movie, "The Deer Hunter".

The best looking girls I've met in BBK have all, without exception, worked in bars on Patpong.

It was indeed. MQ's 'twins' were popular a few years afterwards as a young DB would attest.

DB-twins.jpg
  • Upvote 1