Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Tough life for Ghanaian players in Thailand

The struggle of some Ghanaian players abroad continues as some are allegedly involved in sex and drug dealings to survive in Asia

Ayutthaya FC midfielder Nikwei Issac has made a startling revelation that a lot of players from Africa, especially Ghana are going through hard times in Thailand and must sleep with natives to survive.

The former Wa All Stars player revealed that the lack of residence permit is making it difficult for African players to live a comfortable life, coupled with the fact that fake agents are taking advantage of their situation to aggravate their plight.

“This is my first season in the country [Thailand] after an agent lured me here. He gave me a lot of promises but when I arrived it proved an empty one so I had to struggle to survive,” Nikwei told Nkoranza-based Akyeaa FM.

“Life is not easy here, I play for my team only if the place is safe because my working permit has expired, many players are into a lot of ungodly acts just to find their feet, some of which are Ghanaians. They cannot return home because they are not financially sound, some have now resorted to dealing in illegal drugs whiles others live with local women.

“These women like sex a lot so you will have to satisfy them every day before they will help you. We are going through hell-like situations just because of football. Players like Abdul Samed 'Okocha' and Stephen Offei are here without a club and it pains me how these talented players are going through situations like this but I will advise the young ones not to hastily move from Ghana to play in Asia.

“They should make sure all their documents are intact to prevent frustrations,” the disturbed Ghanaian player advised.

From http://www.goal.com/en-gh/news/4389/ghana/2014/08/12/5028788/shocker-ghana-players-engage-in-sex-to-survive-in-thailand

Sorry, but it will take me a while to think off something I care about less.

Regards,

I just found the claim of having to sexually satisfy Thai women to get help rather amusing.

jacko's post about the drowned Ghanaian teacher leads me to think she offed him cause he wasn't making the grade.

Yes, it's a silly puff piece sensationalist story designed to hook you by the lead in headline which is not supported by the text of the article.

If it works for the tabloids, I thought it might work here!

Time you were 'on the road'... :D

Its complete rubbish. They will do anything to not have to go back to that shit tip. I lived there for work for 2 years and each and every one of them are trying their best to find ways to leave and never go back. (even if that means sleeping with the locals)

There was a saying in Ghana about when you could tell a Ghanaian was telling lies = his lips moved !