Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Prices starting to drop

Just got 2 return tickets LHR-BKK for October on BA for £560 each. Last week they were 643

Eva air still £540

Anyone around in early october?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So Im back. Worst trip of my life and probably my last. Heres a tip. NEVER fly BA especially if they are using the 777's. The seat spacing is horrendous, little more than being in a mini prison cell.

Goldpanner, that's a tale of abysmal customer service which everyone should be reading. I don't know what it is with BA, their CS stinks. we were "stranded" in the PI back when the skies above the UK

I've been monitoring Thai flights for October,November and December from LHR and they have been around £800 return in economy. BA and Eva have been hugely cheaper all along!

Thai have £600 fares for September but that vanishes in October and beyond.

One note, the economy seat pitch on the BA flights is 31 or 32 inches (don't exactly remember) On the EVA econ it's 34, and on Thai it's between 32 and 34 depending where you're sat if on a 747 or 34 if you're on an A340.

I heard a yarn that Etihad are currently £545 ish.

I sound like a bloody anorak don't I?.

Edited by Butch

Etihad flights currently selling at around £480

With the proposed Alcohol Crackdown promised in Thailand prices could come down even

further as people decide to go elsewhere for there fun.

Edited by rainsberger

Just booked a taxi to get me to London Heathrow and realized that Thai now use,from tomorrow (28 August), the new Terminal 2 at LHR. Worth noting as I nearly booked to arrive at T3 as was always the case until now.

Who did you book the tickets with please? Ive never ever flown on B.A. (always use Thai or Eva) but.......I like the timings of the B.A flights.

I booked with a company called Travel Trolley

Very impressed. Booked and paid and the booking showed up on the BA site within 20 minutes

Found them through

http://www.skyscanner.net/routes/lond/bkkt/london-to-bangkok.html

Edited by Goldpanner

I have just used Skyscanner and they threw up TravelUp as my cheapest direct flight, £526 with Eva. That is very very good but can TravelUp be relied upon, have you used them?

TIA

EDIt I have just seen that Eva Air direct booking is £555, £30 quid more but still very cheap for a direct flight and probably a better bet to book with. I think if I book direct with BR then I have to take the credit card with me that I used to book the flight.

Edited by Gus

Travel Trolley (part of Southall Travel) have some bad reviews on the net incl Trip Advisor. So would i book a flight with them - NO

Hi,

I'd agree with that.

Hi,

I'd agree with that.

Well I have to disagree. I booked it online at the weekend and within half an hour my flight and locator were on the BA site.

They are IATA, ATOL AND ABTA registered so my money is protected.

If you check up on every travel agent youll find someone saying bad things about them. I also paid by Credit Card so have the extra protection of that.

I'm happy

Took the LHR-BKK flight TG911 earlier this week.....was probably no more than 40% full.....empty seats everywhere.

Interesting check-in at the sparkling newly refurbished or rebuilt Terminal 2 at Heathrow. Automated machine-generated boarding card issued and security questions asked on touchscreen,which then produced baggage tags which you affix yourself. Then join a line to drop the bags off.....it's no longer a Thai Airways desk but a line of counters which serve multiple airlines....Turkish,United and Air Canada to name but three.....others might be all Star Alliance affiliates. I was a bit concerned as Thai always allowed a good few excess kilos without batting an eyelid and now it was just airport rather than airline staff manning the counters,and I had nearly forty kilos of check-in. As it turned out,not a word was said and my cases vanished out of sight on the conveyor belt.Result.Also,they didn't even glance at my carry-ons,which probably broke the rules too.

Terminal is very smart,spacious,and efficient. The departure gates..prefixed with a 'B'...involved going down a very very deep escalator,walking under the runway before emerging on the other side via more deep escalators.Quite a journey.

Unusually,nearly all the cabin crew were male.....only two female stewardesses. Is this why passenger numbers are so low? Haha.

After my last trip on Thai where the seat cushion was so thin my bum was on the metal under it I decided to try BA. Back in the 80's after a terrible flight with BA I swore I would never use them again, but as this will definately be my last trip to Thailand decided to give them one last try

Interesting! I was wondering what differences moving to terminal 2 would have made with using Thai...............Answered a lot of things I was wondering about! I like to arrive at the airport early......so I usually have to wait until the "Thai desk" opens before checking in (saying that? The last 2 times I flew Thai, the desk was opened early ..I mean about 4 hours before flight time..sometimes they open 3 hours before departure time!).

"Maybe" then by using this new system, it should mean I can check in "earlier" than I used to? (I mean sometimes there would be a queue........just waiting for the desks to open?). If so that would be a bonus! I usually book the servisair lounge in terminal 3......but I cant see a similar one in terminal 2? Anybody know of anything? Thanks.

I believe that there are 3 or 4 airline lounges at T2 but the one you can pay to enter is the Premium Plaza lounge or a very similar name.

I think it costs £40 and you are only allowed 2 free alcoholic drinks, any more must be paid for.

Fullers have a London pride pub airside which could be your best bet.

Finally if you are flying Eva you can go to the Eva cash desk and ask about buying lounge access, again this will be about £40 but should give you access to the Air Canada lounge.

If any BMs can add any further info then it will be most welcome.

Cheers for that Gus. I didn't mind the Servisair lounge in terminal 3! Only about £18 too....................I would rather not pay £40 for just drinks though! I haven't booked my flight yet, I will probably book it next month. Im going for 6 weeks in January. I prefer the flight times of Thai than Eva ......but I may well end up flying with Eva if the prices are good! If so I will ask about the lounge access for £40 too! Thanks.

ps Ive been "looking" at fares for January.......Oman and Gulf are coming up for £500 ish.....................Saying that? I much prefer a direct flight! So it looks like Thai or Eva for me .

• 3 weeks later...

Prices dropped for some of the USA flights too.

Delta LAX-BKK RT $789, LAS -BKK $854 for OCt - Nov mid week flights. Both are normally in the $1300 range.

I am sure other cities are seeing reductions as well.

I snagged a flight for late November. I can't wait!

Is anyone traveling from LHR to BKK by EVA these days? For the last two months,their fares for direct non-stop flights oscillate around 560 GBP whilst Thai have been floated at 800 GBP for exactly the same journey. Thai have two flights a day,EVA just the one.

I flew back to London two days ago on Thai....flight was 30% full,even less than the 40% going out a month ago.

Not sure if I will continue to pay a 50% premium on EVA prices for essentially the same product and service. Thai pricing isn't moving whatsoever,even with ridiculously low passenger numbers!

I phoned Thai in London on Thursday and asked if they had any promotions coming up as their fare was £250 more than Eva for my dates. The CSA told me he couldn't find anything for trips over the 30 days (i am going for 43) only promotion fares for less than 30 days.

I will be booking Eva on line after 11-00pm tonight, I think their latest off finsishes on the 30th september.

A very interesting read of Billions about LHR T2 not being too fussy about hold baggage being over 20Kgs, I don't want to lug 40Kgs but mine is usually around the 21-23 mark..