Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I have enjoyed my stays on LKM in the past but on my last trip there were only two gogo bars on opposite ends of the soi.

There appears to be many more gogo bars in the central portion of the soi if I understand it correctly.

Has the soi become significantly noiser, especially from late night music levels?

I'm moving this to the accommodation section, since it appears to be related to that.

Regarding the gogos on LKM, there are, I believe 15-18 gogos on that L-shaped street now.

I can't personally speak to the noise level during sleeping hours (whenever they are), so I leave that for someone else to answer.

I'm moving this to the accommodation section, since it appears to be related to that.

Regarding the gogos on LKM, there are, I believe 15-18 gogos on that L-shaped street now.

I can't personally speak to the noise level during sleeping hours (whenever they are), so I leave that for someone else to answer.

15-18?

That is totally amazing.

I need to get back there. Things have changed so much.

15-18?

That is totally amazing.

I need to get back there. Things have changed so much.

Too many for me to name right off, but I think 15-18 is about right.

I have enjoyed my stays on LKM in the past but on my last trip there were only two gogo bars on opposite ends of the soi.

There appears to be many more gogo bars in the central portion of the soi if I understand it correctly.

Has the soi become significantly noiser, especially from late night music levels?

I stayed there last March. It is loud. The music and street sounds go until 4 AM, then noise of the locals doing their thing starts up by 7 AM. I had a blast staying there, but it's not for the light sleeper.

Rooms with windows facing the street should be reserved for the undead and hard core mongers.

Stopped staying in LK metro for that very reason,

The guest house owners that are left would have us believe it is not that bad

unfortunately on the ground experience proves otherwise

Edited by shambley
  • Upvote 1

As far as I can recall the most that there have ever been in the Soi is 15, now reduced to 14. Some may argue that Amethyst is in fact a show bar rather than a a'gogo but not to me. The other place to add to this list to cover the area rather than the soi is Papagayo. As far as I can recall the only other places in the last two years that have departed the scene are Submarine and MASH. I did in fact mention in my most recent TR that I was happy to spend say 25 % of my nights here which is a change from the past in a major way.

Fun House (now closed)

Sugar Sugar

Oscars

Kiss

Paradise.

Destiny

Queen

The Office

Showgirls

Amethyst

Bachelors

Chrystal

Lady Love

Champagne

Malibu

Oasis (adjacent) .

If you're looking for really silent sleep between 1800 and 0400, you should definitely have some quality ear plugs. As well as noise, vibration of your building can also be an issue.

Err.. I am just considering booking Metro Apartments for a month stay there...(I-Rovers is full for the duration).. anyone have recent experience of staying there as regards noise level...other than that I hear good things about it... I've been offered superior room at the back for some of my stay and standard room at the side for the rest.. with a long stay I'm concerned about noise but don't recall it being bad when I was in then (Irish) Rovers last time but that was like 2010...

any recent knowledge on this specific to this guest house site?

Edited by Agent09

Agent09 let's hope LBJ reads your post, since he was just staying there this month. He may have also answered your question in the post just above yours (#16), since that comment probably applies to the Metro Apts.

Err.. I am just considering booking Metro Apartments for a month stay there...(I-Rovers is full for the duration).. anyone have recent experience of staying there as regards noise level...other than that I hear good things about it... I've been offered superior room at the back for some of my stay and standard room at the side for the rest.. with a long stay I'm concerned about noise but don't recall it being bad when I was in then (Irish) Rovers last time but that was like 2010...

I can't comment on Metro, but to be more specific, I stayed at Destiny. Above a GOGO... Now that was loud. As a bonus you get the clopclopclop of dancer shoes on the tile hallway as their changing room was two doors down from mine.

I stopped at the Rockhouse back in April and the noise level was deafening, so bad in fact that I had to force myself to get up and go out and join in :bhappy :bhappy

havi ng said that, I did enjoy my stay so when I returned in July I again stopped at the Rockhouse, but this time noise levels were considerably lower, apparently Go-go's were ordered to tone down the noise levels, I did get some good nights kip on my rare early turn in's :llaugh

I was there for 17 nights in August and I was in room #1 which is a back side room on the first floor. The go-go noise starts at around 1800 and as I said in the above post continues until 0400. Paradise is right next to the Metro and you can feel the vibration from their speakers, at least on the lower floors. Add in all the other go-gos, bars, motorcycles, hello girls, and loud speakers coming from all directions and it isn't the quiet street it used to be.

For me it's not a problem, I know what to expect and deal with it.

Like I said, if you require undisturbed sleep before the noise concludes each morning, either stay up really late as I do, or bring those ear plugs. Truthfully, I can;t imagine the noise levels being any better at any other guesthouse except I-rovers as it is tucked away in the corner with no other connecting bars.

I was at the Metro about 5 weeks ago. Probably noise is only an issue in the front facing rooms.

I think it is mostly street noise, the GoGo noise was minimal.

My major annoyance was the street karaoke parties for birthdays etc.

That shit distorted music and crap singing REALLY annoys me.

You can be unlucky and cop that anywhere in Pattaya I guess.

The design of Soil LK means it is loud.

Would never stop me staying at the Metro Apartments though, still my favorite haunt.

Edited by ozijeff

I think the last two posts are spot on.

Go to bed after 04.00 and all is great. Not much hope before that. Ear plugs don't prevent the sound reverberating around your room from the street parties and Agogos.

It's why I stopped staying in Soi LKM and moved to Skytop (RIP) where silence was golden.