Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

NFL Shame

The sharks are circling. I'd bet that his woman is after a settlement. How did the child get his eye injured? Did Peterson hit him with his fist or maybe a weapon like a switch?

And you have the nerve to accuse me of posting bullshit. :clueless

http://www.people.com/article/adrian-peterson-second-child-abuse-complaint?xid=rss-topheadlines

The sharks are circling. I'd bet that his woman is after a settlement. How did the child get his eye injured? Did Peterson hit him with his fist or maybe a weapon like a switch?

And you have the nerve to accuse me of posting bullshit. :clueless

I've looked through this thread and I can't find a post where BigD has accused you or anyone of talking 'bullshit' And that's because he hasn't!

Below is the post of his that you were replying to and seems to have provoked you into the, 'and you have the nerve to accuse me of bullshit'

BigDUSA, on 18 Sept 2014 - 03:47 AM, said:
The other small child this guy beat required stitches over his eye.
Gary you've clearly made up your mind about Peterson……Poor chap the 'sharks' have smelt blood, 'they're circling' and he hasn't got a chance. Just some woman 'after a settlement……..I bet'
In trying to elicit our sympathy for him I think you've confused defending the issue with defending the man.
Edited by atlas2

Just for the record.... speaking for myself:

I'm not trying to defend the man, his actions or take a position on one side or the other of the corporal punishment debate. But I am trying to take a stand against a man possibly being railroarded resulting in the loss of his reputation, career, and perhaps freedom over a incident that could be nothing more then a corporal punishment incident that went wrong....

As for the "other" example of Peterson's abuse of a child:

The NFL star's attorney, however, swiftly knocked down the second complaint.

"The allegation of another investigation into Adrian Peterson is simply not true," Rusty Hardin said in a statement to PEOPLE. "This is not a new allegation, it's one that is unsubstantiated and was shopped around to authorities in two states over a year ago and nothing came of it. An adult witness adamantly insists Adrian did nothing inappropriate with his son. There is no ongoing or new investigation."

• Upvote 1

I've looked through this thread and I can't find a post where BigD has accused you or anyone of talking 'bullshit' And that's because he hasn't!

Below is the post of his that you were replying to and seems to have provoked you into the, 'and you have the nerve to accuse me of bullshit'

BigDUSA, on 18 Sept 2014 - 03:47 AM, said:
The other small child this guy beat required stitches over his eye.
Gary you've clearly made up your mind about Peterson……Poor chap the 'sharks' have smelt blood, 'they're circling' and he hasn't got a chance. Just some woman 'after a settlement……..I bet'
In trying to elicit our sympathy for him I think you've confused defending the issue with defending the man.

I didn't say that it came from this thread;

From a recent BigD post;

"Gary gets a lot of spam from right wing nutters. He's good with cut and paste but not so good doing a bit of research to see if theres any validity to the claims made."

Maybe you read it differently from how I read it?

I guess we've come a long way from "Spare the rod and spoil the child" (Samuel Butler 1662).

The fact is that physical chastening, including the use of "the rod" (tree switch, paddle, belt) have been part of western culture until the late 20th century and no one would have blinked an eye over the injuries Peterson visited upon his son.

This new awareness is new in my lifetime for example. As I was growing up in the 50's in now so enlightened Califonia, whippings, beatings, spankings etc were commonplace and to be expected...everyone knew that, everyone expected it if they were caught, and parents didn't meddle in how other parents were raising their children..unless they wanted a black eye and the censure of the entire community.

I frequently (because I was a willful child) had to go retrieve "the belt" and submit to my punishment. I was also well hided by the school principal who used the wooden paddle with the holes in it (to prevent serious damage...ha! Didn't seem to make it hurt less).

We also were generally mindful of the consequences of misbehavior, and I have to say, the threat of a good whupping did give pause to some of the more impetuous thoughts that might have been taken to action.

Now, compare behavior of teens today vs the behavior of teens in the 50's...to me, it seems that every generation since the government and social workers started meddling with the family and circumscribing parents' ability to discipline their children, including corporal punishment, has gone downhill.

Perhaps Peterson didn't get the memo about the changes since he was a child.

• Upvote 1

I didn't say that it came from this thread;

From a recent BigD post;

"Gary gets a lot of spam from right wing nutters. He's good with cut and paste but not so good doing a bit of research to see if theres any validity to the claims made."

Maybe you read it differently from how I read it?

Sorry I was following the thread……..I hope you will understand if I have missed out on a chapter of your personal history with Big D.

Edited by atlas2

The NFL star's attorney, however, swiftly knocked down the second complaint.

"The allegation of another investigation into Adrian Peterson is simply not true," Rusty Hardin said in a statement to PEOPLE. "This is not a new allegation, it's one that is unsubstantiated and was shopped around to authorities in two states over a year ago and nothing came of it. An adult witness adamantly insists Adrian did nothing inappropriate with his son. There is no ongoing or new investigation."

I would expect nothing less from my highly paid lawyer. Have you ever heard a defense lawyer say. My client is guilty?

• Upvote 1

I blame out of control disrespectful kids today on permissive parents. Parents who tell their kids that it was not their fault for telling lies, taking drugs and having no respect for the law or anything else. For a teacher or anyone else in authority to have their life ruined by a kid telling plain lies about what some innocent person allegedly did to them really stinks. Not that a 4 year old can do this but older spoiled kids can and do. They do this because they know they can get even with someone who they do not like for one reason or another. It appears that never taking responsibility for you own actions is how permissive parents teach their kids. Defending your kids may usually be a good thing to do but not when the kids are way out of line.

• Upvote 1

I would expect nothing less from my highly paid lawyer. Have you ever heard a defense lawyer say. My client is guilty?

I would expect even a low paid lawyer to do his job and defend his client... that's how the system works so it's proves or disproves nothing.

On the other hand it seems that the law enforcement agencies of 2 different states, the DA offices and the Child Protection Agencies came to the same conclusion. So I'm inclined to agree with the folks charged with protecting the kids over the ramblings of TMZ.com

I would expect even a low paid lawyer to do his job and defend his client... that's how the system works so it's proves or disproves nothing.

On the other hand it seems that the law enforcement agencies of 2 different states, the DA offices and the Child Protection Agencies came to the same conclusion. So I'm inclined to agree with the folks charged with protecting the kids over the ramblings of TMZ.com

Citing a series of text messages between Peterson and the unnamed mother of the second child, Houston TV station KHOU reports that the alleged injury to the 4-year-old boy occurred in June 2013 while that child was visiting Peterson at his Texas home.

The TV station reviewed photos of a head wound that left a scar above the boy's right eye, and a source provided this text exchange.

Mother: "What happened to his head?"

Peterson: "Hit his head on the carseat."

Mother: "How does this happen, he got a whooping in the car"

Peterson: "Yep"

Mother: "Why?"

Peterson: "I felt so bad. But he did it his self."

According to the station, Peterson explained that he was disciplining his son for cursing to a sibling.

Peterson faces up to two years in jail and a $10,000 fine after he was charged with the May injury to the other child, a 4-year-old boy who Peterson said in a statement was being disciplined "the way I was disciplined as a child." He expressed regret for his actions in that incident.

"I am someone that disciplined his child and did not intend to cause him any injury," he said. "No one can understand the hurt that I feel for my son and for the harm I caused him. My goal is always to teach my son right from wrong and that's what I tried to do that day."

With reporting by ELAINE ARADILLAS

I wonder how the mom received text messages from this guys phone? Sounds like he laid a beat down on the little guy.

Citing a series of text messages between Peterson and the unnamed mother of the second child, Houston TV station KHOU reports that the alleged injury to the 4-year-old boy occurred in June 2013 while that child was visiting Peterson at his Texas home.

The TV station reviewed photos of a head wound that left a scar above the boy's right eye, and a source provided this text exchange.

Mother: "What happened to his head?"

Peterson: "Hit his head on the carseat."

Mother: "How does this happen, he got a whooping in the car"

Peterson: "Yep"

Mother: "Why?"

Peterson: "I felt so bad. But he did it his self."

According to the station, Peterson explained that he was disciplining his son for cursing to a sibling.

Peterson faces up to two years in jail and a $10,000 fine after he was charged with the May injury to the other child, a 4-year-old boy who Peterson said in a statement was being disciplined "the way I was disciplined as a child." He expressed regret for his actions in that incident.

"I am someone that disciplined his child and did not intend to cause him any injury," he said. "No one can understand the hurt that I feel for my son and for the harm I caused him. My goal is always to teach my son right from wrong and that's what I tried to do that day."

With reporting by ELAINE ARADILLAS

I wonder how the mom received text messages from this guys phone? Sounds like he laid a beat down on the little guy.

Again:

Again:

A defense attorney knows the DA and Child Protection Agency CANNOT comment on these matters. Privacy laws come into play.

I wonder how the mom received text messages from this guys phone? Sounds like he laid a beat down on the little guy. If this was a single incident, I would tend to go along with your comment. Unfortunately this is the second beat down this guy laid on a little child. We do have pictures and medical records.

Edited by BigDUSA

Just for the record.... speaking for myself:

I'm not trying to defend the man, his actions or take a position on one side or the other of the corporal punishment debate. But I am trying to take a stand against a man possibly being railroarded resulting in the loss of his reputation, career, and perhaps freedom over a incident that could be nothing more then a corporal punishment incident that went wrong....

He deserves to be banged up. If he gave anybody else a whipping and drew blood he would be. It would be for assault not 'discipline'. I can't see any difference. Child abuse plain and simple.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I frequently (because I was a willful child) had to go retrieve "the belt" and submit to my punishment. I was also well hided by the school principal who used the wooden paddle with the holes in it (to prevent serious damage...ha! Didn't seem to make it hurt less).

Are the holes there to reduce the mass, hence reduce damage, or like a fly swatter, to allow it to travel faster and prevent a softening cushion of air at the point of impact, hence hurting more? Never been sure.

A wooden ruler, or a cane, and the fearsome one handed Mr Sharples at my Primary school (he would drape you over his stump face down, hoist you up and the back of the legs were punished) made me fearful, I drank my free milk.

Times have changed and I think... good they have on this subject.

Edited by jacko

He deserves to be banged up. If he gave anybody else a whipping and drew blood he would be. It would be for assault not 'discipline'. I can't see any difference. Child abuse plain and simple.

He still may be .I have not heard any comments from law enforcement on this.

It went well beyond disciplining a child.