Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

A Few Days at the Hua Hin Hilton

I hadn't been to Hua Hin for 10 years so thought I'd check it out for a few days. Caught the 8:05 AM Diesel Rail Car from Bangkok's Hualamphong Station for a very relaxing 4 hour ride, even had a meal delivered to my seat. Double the minibus fare but much more comfortable.

DSC_7545.jpg

Stayed at the Hilton.

DSC_7386.jpgDSC_7317.jpg

I particularly enjoyed the large pool

DSC_7329.jpgDSC_7408.jpgDSC_7412.jpg

Water slide for the kids and a swim-up bar

DSC_7543.jpg

A bunch of bars within a few blocks of the hotel with friendly ladies

DSC_7435.jpgDSC_7380.jpgDSC_7370.jpg

Another concentration of bars around Soi 80, but not many customer

DSC_7521.jpg

DSC_7507.jpg

Lots of seaside seafood restaurants, tourist prices

DSC_7335.jpg

I ate at a french place called Le Bistro. Service and presentation were great but food was mediocre.

DSC_7502.jpg

The night market didn't seem to have much

DSC_7457.jpg

The Centera looked very nice with colonial style, but pool couldn't match the Hilton.

DSC_7488.jpgDSC_7489.jpg

Last visit, I stayed at the City Beach

DSC_7382.jpg

Unless I take up golf, it will probably be another 10 years before I'm back to Hua Hin

DSC_7530.jpg

• Upvote 4

Stayed at the Hilton a few years back on my last visit. As you say great pool and large rooms. Nice to stroll along the beach directly from the hotel and stop at one of the set-up beach bars for a Sundowner. I recall the girls appeared to be somewhat more 'mature' than Pattaya as indeed your picture reflects.

Looks good, and 1 of the places i have yet to visit but really should get my ass into gear.

What kind of prices are the rooms? Close to the beer bars?

Thanks for posting.

There are bars very near the hotel. I booked during a 50% promotion, 6000 baht for 2 nights, excluding breakfast and internet. In-room wifi was 400 baht for 24 hours but free wifi was available in the lounge. I topped up my micro-sim and used 3G but could sometimes pick up the free signal from my 3rd floor room.

Besides a great pool, squash and tennis courts, a billiards room, table tennis, and a fitness room.

DSC_7389.jpgDSC_7396.jpgDSC_7413.jpgDSC_7416.jpgDSC_7451.jpgDSC_7536.jpg

• Upvote 4

Looks good, and 1 of the places i have yet to visit but really should get my ass into gear.

What kind of prices are the rooms? Close to the beer bars?

Thanks for posting.

price varies but if you can get it through Trivago or other similiar site starting from about 3000 baht if your Lucky

It is smack bang in the middle of the action.

I have only been to Hua Hin once but am back there in next month and will stay at the Hilton if i can get it cheap enough guys i travel with stay there

I loved the Hua Hin , the service reminded me of Pattaya 7-8 years ago, a towel produced at every bar , constant attention etc etc

• 1 year later...

Any idea if the Hilton was girl friendly?

I was BYOG, but I don't remember anyone who would have checked.

I don't know if there's a joiner at the Hilton. I wasn't particularly impressed with the quality of the girls in town but I live in Bangkok, was only in Hua Hin for a few days before high season, so maybe I didn't see a representative sample. I've heard you can find freelancers in the hotel's disco but I didn't go there.

Hilton is currently running a matched status promotion so if you have another hotel status they will credit you with the same level equivalent in their programme through March 2018.

https://hhonormystatus.hiltonapps.com/

Evidence needs to be in JPG only, no PDFs for some daft reason.

I stayed there the other year and it was fine. Getting on a bit now and somewhat in need of refurbishment but what it does it does well and all in the party were well catered for.

I got a better deal emailing the manager / room boss or whatever his title is and pitching a counter offer to his original more than decent first gambit.

Whenever I get down that way, I always prefer Cha Am rather than Hua Hin. I always felt more relaxed in Cha Am, maybe because I know a girl there. Her name is Pim and she has some bungalows near the beach. Nothing wrong with Hua Hin but it just doesn't appeal to me. I knew Pim from Bangkok. She married an Aussie who bought the bungalows for her. He was a good guy but he got bored to death in Cha Am and hit the road.

Yes, I like Cha Am, but it is a bit boring and you really need a motorbike to get back to Hua Hin for some laid back excitement. I won't ride because I'm usually over the alcohol limit, so refer to stay in Hua Hin. Jing's Guesthouse (the Fenny Foo's Mews units) are great value and very close to the action, and I love the fresh squid that comes in on the boats each morning, and is available in most restaurants - the squid pizzas are delicious.

I go there (Hua Hin) nowadays rather than Pats. Hua Hin is better for the more mature Falangs :D . I have been to Thailand over 30 times and spent 6 weeks and then 4 weeks in HH this winter, but if you are under 40 you will soon be bored with the nightlife.

When I first went to HH about 10 years ago I was ready to move on after a week, but now my sights are a lot lower and i do not bother with bar fining every night like I used to. This helps the money last over a longer period and Jings Guesthouse provide decent rooms at a good price, right in the middle of the action as well, yet the rooms are more or less free from the din on the soi outside.

At night times I sometimes visit the Fishing Piers area or the night market where Big leos are 90 baht. Soi 80 has never really touched the spot with me, I think the Soi is better if you are living in town and better known to the girls.

Soi 88 has a big live music plaza with Big leos at 60thb and plenty of cheap food, it may be possible to pick up a friend there.

So HH is definitely not Pattaya standard, the girls/bars are more laid back but I did notice that the girlie numbers are down and the standards are not as they were 5 years ago, but you should still have a good time even if you move on after a week.

ps: I enjoyed the photos.

• Upvote 1