Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pizza Italy Off Soi Bukhao

Hi. Yes Pizza Italy is a good place for Pizza.

I use to go there about twice a month with a friend.

This restaurant used to be on Soi Xcite (next to the St Georges Bar)

at a far better location, but this area has been razed for a new condo project.

I am a little sad for them to rarely see more than 2 or 3 other tables occupied

when we go eat there. Lost off the main Soi. Only those who know it will find it :(

In Soi Xcite it was sometime difficult to get a table.

Thanks for this report Evil. It may help them :)

Never had any pasta dishes there but had a pizza some time ago I found it overall to be disappointing. The base was so thin it was as crunchy as a bread stick, the toppings were sparse and tasteless. If I was to return there for a meal I would give the pizzas a wide berth

I stayed right next to there last trip in irovers luv rooms and never thoguht to go in there but on my next trip will be going there for sure now, great stuff as always EP

+1 for yet another great report, Evil.

Question: (For evil or anyone else that has eaten there). Anyone tried their pizza? A pizza Margherita and that tomato/onion salad would make a great meal.

If this is the same outfit that used to be at the bottom of Soi Exzyte I like their pizza a lot - but is it ?

Sendt fra min HTC Desire S med Tapatalk2

+1 for yet another great report, Evil.

Question: (For evil or anyone else that has eaten there). Anyone tried their pizza? A pizza Margherita and that tomato/onion salad would make a great meal.

I haven't tried their pizza but will soon. I'll take photos and write a report.

If this is the same outfit that used to be at the bottom of Soi Exzyte I like their pizza a lot - but is it ?

Yes, it is.

Never had any pasta dishes there but had a pizza some time ago I found it overall to be disappointing. The base was so thin it was as crunchy as a bread stick, the toppings were sparse and tasteless. If I was to return there for a meal I would give the pizzas a wide berth

I can't speak from personal experience as I haven't had one of their pizzas, but I generally prefer pizzas with thin crispy crusts and light toppings.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 2

Notice you say freshly prepared and not cooked. A proper lasagne will take considerable time to cook from fresh. This clearly looks like a portion cut from a much larger dish, and given the few customers,it wasn't prepared just for you.

How long did you wait for arrival?

I can vouch for their tortellini with ham and a cream sauce. It was very good...the garlic bread was not my style..I prefer the garlic to be cooked into the bread rather than placed on the bread.

2014-10-19 21.33.44.jpg

2014-10-19 21.29.33.jpg

• Upvote 2

I can vouch for their tortellini with ham and a cream sauce. It was very good...the garlic bread was not my style..I prefer the garlic to be cooked into the bread rather than placed on the bread.

Apparently the original version of garlic bread, which dates back to Roman times, was like bruschetta and similar to the bread in your pic. The version with which most of us are more familiar is modern adaptation that got its start in Italian restaurants in the U.S.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 1

I'd give this place a pass myself for the pizza anyway. Tonnes of other better pizza joints close by including the Brooklyn Diner and one just 60 meters further south on Buakhao. There is another joint on 'soi Boomerang' that was recommended by the owner of the Boomerang but we haven't tried that one yet.

• Upvote 1

Butter on Melba Toast would be equally satisfying gastronomically speaking

• Upvote 1

When they were at Soi Exzyte I - and many friends - found their pizzas to be better than the other places you mention - in fact among the best in town.

Edited by Odense

When they were at Soi Exzyte I - and many friends - found their pizzas to be better than the other places you mention - in fact among the best in town.

Well if it is the same people as the place on soi exzyte I can only guess that they left all the herbs and toppings at the old place and just took the stale pizza bases with them

• 6 months later...
I dropped into Pizza Italy to try more dishes. I started with the bruschetta topped with chopped tomato and garlic.

IMG_0223.jpg

It was very good. The bread was perfectly toasted and the topping was properly seasoned and balanced between the garlic and tomato.

IMG_0219.jpg

The tomato had a lot of flavor (unusual for Thailand). I added a touch of heat with a few drops of olive oil infused with chilies.

IMG_0221.jpg]...Untitled-1.jpg

Tortellini in brodo (broth) came next. It's a northern Italian dish that is traditionally served as the first course at Christmas dinner.

IMG_0232.jpg

The tortellini was fresh an tasty, but the pork broth should have had a stronger flavor.

[IMG_0232a.jpg

Total cost was 380 baht for the two dishes, a San Miguel Light and a Coke Lite. I'll be back again!

Evil

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1