Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

While I have been to Pattaya about 30 times I have never been during Loy Kratong.A few questions 1/ is it easy to Barfine ? 2/ would it be better to arrange a girl in advance ? 3/ Where is a good place to go (I will have transport) I will be entertaining a group of 7 guys.4/ Do the girls from GoGo,s enjoy the celebration with a customer ? Any other tips or ideas welcome

Loy Krathong is not what it was in Pattaya, unfortunately. 4-5 years ago you'd find many of the BGs sprucing themselves up with (usually rented) Thai costumes to celebrate, go to the beach to cast their Krathongs etc., but with very low seasons and not very busy high seasons, many just don't have the money to dress up as before. With a few exceptions, there's hardly a sign of LK in the bars nowadays, which is a pity as I think they look great with those costumes.

My Loy Kratong move is to go up soi honey for a massage with extras during the afternoon. Then no matter what adventure awaits you in the evening, it is all gravy. If you hook up with the lady of your dreams great, if you simply end up launching a Kratong at the local temple or beach...good on your karma and positive blessings for the year ahead.

Love this festival... Honestly my luck $$$ has improved dramatically every year I am fortunate enough to participate.

IBNOEL

• Upvote 1

Loy Krathong is not what it was in Pattaya, unfortunately. 4-5 years ago you'd find many of the BGs sprucing themselves up with (usually rented) Thai costumes to celebrate, go to the beach to cast their Krathongs etc., but with very low seasons and not very busy high seasons, many just don't have the money to dress up as before. With a few exceptions, there's hardly a sign of LK in the bars nowadays, which is a pity as I think they look great with those costumes.

Hope you don't mind Ron , but it was not just the girls that dress to kill back then ,

Joe

image.jpg

• Upvote 3

yep gotta agree with this, apart from the krathong sellers on beach road it's no different from any other day.

Chiang Mai seems the place to be.

Simply a great time to be in Pattaya. I was lucky to meet up with a mate and we had two ladies to take out and do the whole Kraythong thing followed by dinner in town. The colour and fun was great but the lasting memory is of the graceful way that the girls wore their outfits and how well they brushed up for the occassion. Incidentally most of the girls at the Cherry Bar dtressed up that year and as that was my local, this only added to the pleasure.

Agree. Managed to catch Loy Krathong on my first visit to Thailand in 2008. They used to have a stage at the start of Walking Street where the traditional Loy Krathong dance was performed. Here's a video I shot on that first visit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i2RlihVpx0

And a few pics from that night.

PB120014.jpg

PB120018.jpg

PB120024.jpg

• Upvote 1

Loy Krathong on the darkside can be fun. When I lived on the darkside Pong had a local festival. Each Moo (village) in Tambon Pong made a Krathong. They were all displayed in the area beside Lake Mabprachan, There was dancing competitions and every villager and their kid were selling their hand made version of Krathong to all and sundry.

If you have a vehicle it would be worth having a look to see if they are having a festival there. ( A good excuse to do a quick crawl in the lead up to the festival :whistling: ) You can then pre-book some companionship to suit.

I like to do Loy Krathong leisurely - go to the far end of Jomtien - have a meal at the Sea Falcon , and watch the proceedings on the beach from my dining table - if the wife wants to go launch a raft , then she does .

It would be nice to be there during that festifal but unfortunately it is just over when I'll land in middle of November.

One girl at Soi 8 beer bar show me photos of herself during Loy Kratong and she told that her dress cost 7000 bath.

• 2 weeks later...

While I have been to Pattaya about 30 times I have never been during Loy Kratong.A few questions 1/ is it easy to Barfine ? 2/ would it be better to arrange a girl in advance ? 3/ Where is a good place to go (I will have transport) I will be entertaining a group of 7 guys.4/ Do the girls from GoGo,s enjoy the celebration with a customer ? Any other tips or ideas welcome

An impressive sight is all the floating lanterns lighting up the night sky launched from Beach Rd in front of Central Festival mall. You might want to launch one yourself, but it can be tricky if you let it go too early. From the rooftop bar on the 34th floor of the Hilton hotel offers an excellent view of the all the floating lanterns, but be warned, drinks are pricy w/17% added to the bill, e.g. Pattaya Sling specialty drink (wine mixture) 420bt=357bt+63bt.

I was in Walking Street at six o'clock this morning,and saw lots of furious decorating going on....pickup vans with enormous leaves and branches on board where unloading at a few bars,a few trees were being tied to doorways and at Marine,ten trillion balloons were being blown up and attached to all available surfaces. Not sure what it's all about,but when so many workers are hard at it even before the sun has cleared the horizon,then something substantial will be happening in Walking Street tonight for sure.