Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi Gabor.

I know it's a bit out of subject,

but I just see that your "Large condo" is 42 sqm... only ;)

So just from a vocabulary point of view, how would you call :

- a 60 sqm condo:

- a 100 sqm condo:

- a 150 sqm condo:

- a 300 sqm condo:

And how "big" is :

- a small condo:

- a very small condo:

In Pattaya condo size varies from 22 sqm to 500+ sqm from what I know ;)

:)

• Upvote 1

Hi Gabor.

I know it's a bit out of subject,

but I just see that your "Large condo" is 42 sqm... only ;)

So just from a vocabulary point of view, how would you call :

- a 60 sqm condo:

- a 100 sqm condo:

- a 150 sqm condo:

- a 300 sqm condo:

And how "big" is :

- a small condo:

- a very small condo:

In Pattaya condo size varies from 22 sqm to 500+ sqm from what I know ;)

:)

Hi mate... posting from the "z" category thai standard, run down condo you live in...I don't really understand your question...

A standard hotel room is between 20 and 25 sqm...

Ok... to be correct: A large studio condo.... not a 300 sqm 4 bedroom condo...

• Downvote 3

posting from the "z" category thai standard, run down condo you live in...

I don't really understand your question...

My point was that when you promote a "condo"

you should compare to other "condos" to describe it as "large".

And about my "z category condo"

you probably have no idea what you are talking about:

- a condo occupied at > 80% by farangs

- a 30 yo condo, yes, but with extensive renovations going on

- great high floor sea view of the whole Pattaya Bay

- a 100+ sqm condo where one can live, not a shoebox

- ideal location to make the most of Pattaya ;)

• Upvote 3

My idea of condo sizes is that a single guy living alone can be pretty comfortable in a 40 square meter studio. If you have a room mate, you will be far better off with a unit that has a separate bedroom. She will want to watch Thai language TV and you would want English language TV. You WILL need two separate rooms for that. I also want my computer in the bedroom. A lot of built in storage will also be important. It's amazing how much junk a guy can accumulate. After you live in your condo for a while, you would find that an apartment sized refrigerator is too small. Make sure you have room for a decent sized refrigerator. I also would find it difficult to be without a washing machine and a balcony to dry the clothes.

A standard hotel room is between 20 and 25 sqm...

Ok... to be correct: A large studio condo.... not a 300 sqm 4 bedroom condo...

Most hotel rooms (standard) are about 32 Sqm upwards.

However, regardless of the size of your condo, there are many here who would prefer to live in a small condo in Pattaya than a 2 bedroom house in the UK.

Having seen some of the Condo sizes in the Philippines, where a 25 Sqm Condo can be home to a whole family, I'd be a bit reticent about living in anything under 200Sqm on a long term basis if it was with my family (if I were alone it would be a different matter).

We are talking about two dramatically different kind of visitors...

1. Tourists coming here for 1-2-3 weeks and change their plans from a 15-25 sqm hotel room costs 2-6000 baht / night to the condo options costs 800-1500 baht / night... the minus: no hotel services... the plus: no minibar, but real fridge and a kitchen... Any sober guy can make their decision which one to choose...

2. Expats living here... maybe with family...of course different demands...

Edited by Gabor
  • Downvote 1

Gabor, there are no 15 SqM hotel rooms in Pattaya. The Industry standard tends to be 32 SqM+.

I never pay more than 1100 baht a night for a half decent hotel like the Sabai group, or maybe up to 1600/1700 if we stay at the LK. However, we really don't need or want to be making up the bed, washing our own dishes, I want to have the AC on full time and be in a reasonable location. That is our choice however, and because I can afford it, that's what we do.

Any long term visitor or Expat should look at the Condo option if they are on a budget, of course that in itself is sound advice, not to mention buying secondhand furniture at a discount over new.

It's 99% common sense.

Hi.

I knew that there were a lot of nice really big condos in Pattaya

but didn't know that the were so many for sell.

Just a list of about 20 for example: http://pattayacondoguide.com/condo-search-size/condos-for-sale-size-between-400-600-sqm,400:600.html

11 Millions for 433 sqm. A bargain ;) http://pattayacondoguide.com/details-for/stylish-condo-in-naklua-for-sale-in-Naklua-Pattaya,60691.html

143 Millions for 565 sqm "only"... WOW! http://pattayacondoguide.com/details-for/the-cove-for-sale-in-Wong-Amat-Pattaya,70584.html

Gabor, there are no 15 SqM hotel rooms in Pattaya. The Industry standard tends to be 32 SqM+.

You may be right, I talked about some hotel rooms I visited my friends stayed in....for the mentioned 2-6000 baht / night prices...

Any sources of the infos you told: " The Industry standard tends to be 32 SqM+." ? I mean official sources, not just the biased opinions, like mines were.... My biased opinions were based only on my own feelings....living in my 42 sqm condo I felt myself in a shoebox in my buddie's hotel rooms...

Any sources of the infos you told: " The Industry standard tends to be 32 SqM+." ? I mean official sources,

Not without posting a page and a half of links and a 16 page .pdf file, no.

Hotels, like condo's are built to maximize space, but go on Agoda and search any hotel room standard size from 1200 baht to 1800 baht and 80% will be 32SqM or more.

Not without posting a page and a half of links and a 16 page .pdf file, no.

Hotels, like condo's are built to maximize space, but go on Agoda and search any hotel room standard size from 1200 baht to 1800 baht and 80% will be 32SqM or more.

I still see no any .pdf file or any links...

OK... a link for you a one month stay from 10 december to 09 january....

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?src=index&nflt=&ss_raw=Pattaya&from_autocomplete=1&error_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.booking.com%2Findex.en-gb.html%3Fsid%3Df61e8cd5ae87d22473910937b398114a%3Bdcid%3D1%3B&dcid=1&lang=en-gb&sid=f61e8cd5ae87d22473910937b398114a&si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi&ss=Pattaya%2C+Thailand&checkin_monthday=10&checkin_year_month=2014-12&checkout_monthday=9&checkout_year_month=2015-1&no_rooms=1&group_adults=2&group_children=0&dest_type=region&dest_id=5757&ac_pageview_id=e5cf8192d1f501ae&ac_position=0&ac_langcode=en&ac_suggestion_list_length=5

And filtering on the condos...

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?sid=f61e8cd5ae87d22473910937b398114a;dcid=1;ac_position=0;ac_suggestion_list_length=5;checkin_monthday=10;checkin_year_month=2014-12;checkout_monthday=9;checkout_year_month=2015-1;class_interval=1;csflt=%7B%7D;dest_id=5757;dest_type=region;dtdisc=0;from_autocomplete=1;hyb_red=0;inac=0;interval_of_time=undef;nha_red=0;no_rooms=1;redirected_from_city=0;redirected_from_landmark=0;redirected_from_region=0;review_score_group=empty;score_min=0;si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi;src=index;ss=Pattaya%2C%20Thailand;ss_all=0;ss_raw=Pattaya;ssb=empty;sshis=0&;or_radius=3;;nflt=ht_id%3D201%3B;unchecked_filter=hoteltype

Edited by Gabor

43 is not a big condo,, its a studio,,, the are studios as they are not big.

A Hotel room is not a condo, its a hotel room and irrelevant....

As most condos are small, I would say a big condo is 80 metre + , I only say that as there are some as small as 28 .... but a studio room under 50 can't be big as I see it ....

Edited by Parkwahn
  • Upvote 2

Gabor, they are 4 and 5 star hotels. You can't compare a fucking 42 SqM condo to a 5 star hotel room.

prices for a low season stay ,rather than peak.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g293919-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province-Hotels.html

3 star hotel rooms, within budget and surprise surprise the smallest room being r0oms 28 - 32 SqM.

Residence Garden offers 2 room suites. Ironic that the Condo's listed for the one month stay are more expensive than the hotels...I don't see your point, or in case you've just nicely disproved your own.

Bottom line being, 42 SqM is not large in the same way an Economy seat on a plane is not "large".

Edited by Butch

Well 42 sq. meters might not be large but it's big enough for most expats to live in.

Most guys want to spend less on the "basics" and more on "fun" (bar girls and freelancers). my room is only 30 something sq. meters and i'm totally fine with it as there is high level furniture a gym , elevator and 24 hour security.

I never pay more than 1100 baht a night for a half decent hotel like the Sabai group, or maybe up to 1600/1700 if we stay at the LK. However, we really don't need or want to be making up the bed, washing our own dishes, I want to have the AC on full time and be in a reasonable location. That is our choice however, and because I can afford it, that's what we do.

That would be after you take the Tag off the key, or find suitably stiff name cards to jam in the slot to keep the electric on while you are out I expect. :D

• Upvote 1

That would be after you take the Tag off the key, or find suitably stiff name cards to jam in the slot to keep the electric on while you are out I expect. :D

When we got to our hotel in Sukhotai, the GFE provider immediately took the key off the fob so the power would stay on while we were out.

Sorry Butch but I thing you are wrong here. Sure recent/modern hotels here have bigger room than in the past, but I am unsure that they all are as big as 32 sqm ?? At the opposite, if not as low as 15 sqm (didn't measure them) I am certain that there are in Pattaya hundreds or thousands of hotel rooms just about 20 sqm. Nobody force them to respect "a standard".

Edited by Idefix

Well 42 sq. meters might not be large but it's big enough for most expats to live in.

Don't know for others, but for me a bigger room, more "space", is part of the comfort

and one of many advantages of Pattaya is that "space" here is far cheaper than in our countries :smile:

IMHO 40 sqm is enough only if you live always outside and use it

just to look TV/computer and to go bed.

Edited by Idefix

Don't know for others, but for me a bigger room, more "space", is part of the comfort

and one of many advantages of Pattaya is that "space" here is far cheaper than in our countries :smile:

IMHO 40 sqm is enough only if you live always outside and use it

just to look TV/computer and to go bed.

Agreed,

I honestly think some people have an odd concept of area.

20SqM is 4m x 5m (or multiples thereof). A Double bed (not king or queen) is 122 x 190 cm (1.2m by 2.0 m approx). 15 Sqm is about the size of the smallest bedroom in my house.

I honestly think some people have an odd concept of area.

20SqM is 4m x 5m (or multiples thereof). A Double bed (not king or queen) is 122 x 190 cm (1.2m by 2.0 m approx). 15 Sqm is about the size of the smallest bedroom in my house.

It started from a marketing thread, rather than how big is big ....

VT6 condos are 48 sq metres - plenty big enough for me to stay long term.

Problem with VT6 is their big terrace. OK it may be nice when you are here for short holidays, but to live in the inside space is only 38 sqm, and 33 sqm if you exclude the bathroom. The terrace then looks like a big lost space that you don't use much.

If by terrace, you mean a balcony, it's different strokes for different folks. My condo is 60 square meters and has two balconies. The one off the bedroom is at least twice as big as the one off the living room. The large balcony overlooks the swimming pool and gardens. It's great to sit out there and have morning coffee or a drink in the evening. The one off the living room has a clothes drying rack and my washing machine. That is also where the cleaning supplies are kept. Mops, buckets, brooms etc. I wouldn't want to give up either of them. Having a separate bedroom is the biggest benefit of having more space.

• Upvote 1

Problem with VT6 is their big terrace. OK it may be nice when you are here for short holidays, but to live in the inside space is only 38 sqm, and 33 sqm if you exclude the bathroom. The terrace then looks like a big lost space that you don't use much.

That's true, but the VT ones have a balconey you can't use they are small and angled, same as VT1 not usable...