Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Caution - BKK Taxi Pick-up Scam

Just received this e-mail from Mr Toom:

Dear My Customers

Just want to tell all now at the BKK.A/P have Robber driver copy customers name by look at door 3 and fake customers name on a sign but he or her wait at door 4 there is before door 3 someone don’t know only see them name on time misguided them is company driver it very dangerous because if them rob or thief your belonging if forgot something on the car company can’t to find Robbers drivers is without control for my customers only think driver must wait at door 3 if make sure just ark them work for which company if them can’t to tell don’t go away with them

Sincerely hope can help and safe for all

MR.TOOM BKK. Call (+66)81-4827148

Obviously there is a need to check when you meet your driver to make sure its the right one.

I knew a guy who was robbed and killed (left nude in a corn field) this way in South America years ago. Saw a sign with his name, the "driver" got his name from looking at the real drivers sign and getting in front of him. Since then, when I use a driver I give the company a code, if the driver can't give the code I don't go. BTW most can't give the code and it takes a phone call to settle it.

I use Mr Toom and this is a bit worrying.

An obvious security measure is to check if the driver has my phone number, which I always supply when booking.

I had a warning email today from Keak Pattaya, aka Pattaya-taxi which many of you use.

"Remark (Danger) You see my driver already please ask him from mr keak pattaya or not and get my driver to call me and you speak with me or my staff for SURELY, becasue some time have Guided ghost or Fraud COPY your name and pick up you before my driver to Pattaya is same, But the price is not same sirMaybe more or big problem for you."

I am not sure if under the new government this is just a temporary problem, put em in the Bangkok Hilton and throw away the keys I say. :)

Is Gate 3 what some people call Meeting Area 3?

TIA

I am not sure if under the new government this is just a temporary problem, put em in the Bangkok Hilton and throw away the keys I say. :)

Is Gate 3 what some people call Meeting Area 3?

TIA

There is a meeting area nearby but it really means exit door 3, numbers are over the doors.

The guys are opposite behind the barriers and generally take you to the escalators to go to the car-park.

Edited by jacko

Cheers jacko, I know that in the early days of BKK it was like a rugby scrum once through arrivals, at least it has improved things spreading the taxi drivers waiting for passengers into the different areas.

Looks like the Junta needs to do a sustained sweep of undesirables from the airport.

A year or two ago the authorities clamped down on people having no legitimate business in the airport, it seemed to work quite well, I noticed that I wasn't approached quite so often when transiting the place.

Regards