Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

44 sqm studio for sale in Jomtien Beach. Less than 1 KM from the beach, newly re-furbished, fully furnished, air, Kitchenette, large balcony in quiet building. Big communal swimming pool, 24 hr security. Priced to sell at 1.25 million Baht.

Email Brian7seas@gmail.com

20141030_144041_resize.jpg

20141030_144041_resize.jpg

20141030_144150_resize.jpg

20141030_144248_resize.jpg

20141030_144303_resize.jpg

20141030_144435_resize.jpg

20141030_144504_resize.jpg

20141030_144615_resize.jpg

20141030_152156_resize.jpg

• 1 month later...

This unit is obviously in the Ban Suan Lalana complex. I have a 60 square meter corner unit. I'm not aware of any units that are 44 square meters. As far as I know all the studios are 40 square meters and the corner units are 60 square meters.

As far as the cooking area, I have a microwave, a hot plate and an electric skillet. An electric stove top could be installed but I have never seen the need for one. Gas bottles are not permitted in any unit, so no gas hobs.

Is this the one near the gay portion of the beach? I was walking by a place similar to it a few weeks ago. Thought it was nice but there were so many creepy acting guys with their boyfriends I couldn't imagine investing there. Especially since I want the kind of place I could let my boss use occasionally.

This complex is located on the other end of Jomtien. The road is named Soi Chaiyapruk. No, not a gay area.

This unit is obviously in the Ban Suan Lalana complex. I have a 60 square meter corner unit. I'm not aware of any units that are 44 square meters. As far as I know all the studios are 40 square meters and the corner units are 60 square meters.

As far as the cooking area, I have a microwave, a hot plate and an electric skillet. An electric stove top could be installed but I have never seen the need for one. Gas bottles are not permitted in any unit, so no gas hobs.

I have been told this unit is 44 sqm including the balcony. Yes it is in Baan Suan La La Na. There is a hood in the kitchenette in case you wanted to use a electric skillet or install a 2 burner electric hob

• 5 months later...

I have just received a call from the owner of this unit. He has told me to reduce the price to 1Mil firm. Firm as in Firm. Anyone interested pm me here or email me at brian7seas@gmail.com. Thanks

Find out how much he pays for the monthly maintenance fee. The complex charges 10 baht per square meter per month. My fee for my corner unit is 600 baht per month. If he pays 440 baht per month then it may be 44 square meters. If he pays 400 baht per month, then is must be a standard studio at 40 square meters.

Maintenance fees are 400 per month or 4000 per year. I have found out the unit is 44 sqm including the balcony. Sorry for the misrepresentation on that. Is an extra 50-100 baht per month really a deal breaker though?

Maintenance fees are 400 per month or 4000 per year. I have found out the unit is 44 sqm including the balcony. Sorry for the misrepresentation on that. Is an extra 50-100 baht per month really a deal breaker though?

From my reading, the question was about the size of the condo, not the maintenance cost.

Hmmm i see your point. Enlighten me so i may correct the ad, what is the actual proper definition of a kitchenette?

My experience means that "kitchenette" means that there is a subset of kitchen items (running water, sink, microwave oven or miniature stove, worktop, maybe a hot plate) in an area that is not a divided kitchen area. Kitchenettes were popular in low cost motels in the 70s (US) because families could save money by doing some minor cooking in the room. Today a kitchenette might add an induction cooker because of its lower fire risk.

Edited by short

From my reading, the question was about the size of the condo, not the maintenance cost.

In Gary's post the whole issue of the size was based on maintenance cost, that prompted me to call the owner and double check, therefore correcting the size

Edited by cbrib

My experience means that "kitchenette" means that there is a subset of kitchen items (running water, sink, microwave oven or miniature stove, worktop, maybe a hot plate) in an area that is not a divided kitchen area. Kitchenettes were popular in low cost motels in the 70s (US) because families could save money by doing some minor cooking in the room. Today a kitchenette might add an induction cooker because of its lower fire risk.

It does have a sink, running water, a microwave, a hood, and something important that you left out...a refrigerator. The fact that there is no built in hob and it is in a separated area in your eyes makes it not a kitchenette, what would you call it then?

BTW i would hate to see your idea of a proper kitchen, perhaps something you would see on iron chef???

Edited by cbrib
  • Upvote 1

I thought this was quite a nice estate when I was taking care of a condo there for an ex soi 6 gik who'd married a German. She, or rather they, (never met him) had a corner unit and though the room wasn't decorated to my taste…Too much German 'ommpah' I thought the balcony was great…..It was, large quiet and relaxing. When she was back in Germany I would take her car out every week and check on her room for her. A small price to pay for the extras.

Anyway I thought it was a good spot…….Worth a look!

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 2

Maintenance fees are 400 per month or 4000 per year. I have found out the unit is 44 sqm including the balcony.

Sorry for the misrepresentation on that. Is an extra 50-100 baht per month really a deal breaker though?

Hi. Most of Lalana studios ads on the Internet announce 41 or 42 sqm, so yes this 44 may sound strange ??

It's not only about the monthly charge, but a 5 or 8% difference on the price by square-meter...

If this studio "is different", the best would be to indicate the exact value shown on the Chanote, IMHO :smile:

The grounds there are very well kept and security is top shelf. The price sure beats those million baht shoe-box size units. Electricity is billed by the power company so no condo committee rip off prices. The maintenance of ten baht per square meter is likely the lowest you will find. The building design, open in the center eliminates any fire risk. I like the complex.

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

Yes this condo is still for sale, it is on the 3rd floor. The building itself is 5 floors. Pm me for more info or email me at brian7seas@yahoo.com.

Expanding on Gary's above post regarding fire safety there are many fire alarm stations on every floor as well as fire extinguishers. I showed the unit to a potential buyer yesterday and had a look, all the extinguishers on the floor were charged

What would a unit like this rent for...realistic... and what are the costs to the owner? I know real estate is not the best investment for short - mid term growth but income potential seems like it might be better in Thailand due to the lower costs (mainly property taxes and condo fees) involved. Am I missing something?

If I invested 30K and could eek out 7% vs.

Investing 30K in a condo in Thailand vs.

Investing 100K in a condo in the US with crazy property taxes and condo fees.

I own rental property here in the US so I do understand some of the risks involved.

Edited by Sailfast

Most of the studios rent for 8 to 10,000 per month. The corner units go for 12 to 14,000 per month. I had my corner unit rented to a friend for 9,000 per month. Since he stayed for 5 or 6 years, I never raised the rent. Good renters like him are hard to find so I never rented it out again.