Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Tropical Bert's closed?

I've been told that one of my favourite breakfast venues, Tropical Bert's, has closed its doors, at least in its present site and may have moved to new premises, somewhere else. :cry: Please, what is the latest on that?

I've been told that one of my favourite breakfast venues, Tropical Bert's, has closed its doors, at least in its present site and may have moved to new premises, somewhere else. :cry: Please, what is the latest on that?

Not so......I just popped by as I was in the area....ha ha....and had a tasty plate of fried vegetables in there.

The parrot is still chirping away in it's cage out back,the BBC news is playing the television screens,the walls are festooned in military bits and pieces and life seems to be going on as before.

The only thing missing was Tropical Bert himself.

Hmm, thanks for the above. I'll still miss out, as I don't arrive back until April, and I don't get to the Darkside often - I get lost too easily over there (in more ways than one).

Did BigD help put Skytop out of business?

His recommendation was the kiss of death?

LOL. The owner of the building refused to negotiate a new lease. Sky-Top had many repeat customers and was profitable till the end.

LOL. The owner of the building refused to negotiate a new lease. Sky-Top had many repeat customers and was profitable till the end.

It won't be having any more!

Liar. It rented off space and needed wages from Australia to support it. But let's not go down that road again.