Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Qatar Airlines. Be carefull now !

Just before bed last night I swicthed channels to Al Jazeera.. I was just going to turn off when something caught my eyes.

Qatar has just had aits Ambassadors from the surrounding Enmirates, Bahrain, Saudi etc for 'undisclosed reasons' then Al Jaz went on to state that it was know that the Qatari Government were sympathetic to ISIL and that several high ranking financiers of ISIL were indeed living in Qatar.

Thats it for me using Qatar airlines any more. How long untill we see beheadings on the tarmac at the airport??

I was thinking along those lines, as I always transit through the Middle East and these disciples of the devil were active in 'the area'....

But you have to visit places like Doha, Dubai and Abu Dhabi to see how very far removed they are from the poverty in Syria, Iraq etc, or the extremism that persists in Saudi Arabia below a thin skin of civilisation.

I find it difficult to believe. QATAR and a number of middle east countries

have signed up as being against ISIS. QATAR also swims against

the tide as far as ISIS beliefs are concerned. Unlike Royal Brunei

QATAR airlines has alcohol on it's flight and in QATAR alcohol is

accepted.

However maybe I am bias, am flying to UK with them next year

But ISIS has urged its supporter to attack the Saudis where and when they can. The other strange thing is that most UAE countries have sent back their Qatari Ambassador.

Also, last week in one newspaper I read bout there being several ISIS high-ups and financiers living openly in Qatar. Then the Al Jazeera news channel states links between the Qatari Government or certain members of it, and ISIS. Thats sufficient to stop me using them. I hope Thai get their new planes soon

Just before bed last night I swicthed channels to Al Jazeera.. I was just going to turn off when something caught my eyes.

Qatar has just had aits Ambassadors from the surrounding Enmirates, Bahrain, Saudi etc for 'undisclosed reasons' then Al Jaz went on to state that it was know that the Qatari Government were sympathetic to ISIL and that several high ranking financiers of ISIL were indeed living in Qatar.

Thats it for me using Qatar airlines any more. How long untill we see beheadings on the tarmac at the airport??

Panic attack!!!!! FFS! There has been an Al Queda office in Doha for years. I have flown Qatar Air for many years, the service and meals have been more than fine, the worse thing that has happened was the stew spilled a Bloody Mary in my crotch, which she happily refilled many times :). Yeah the world cup thing is a joke!

Were not talking Al Qaeda here were talking ISIS. BIG difference. The more you dig the more you find a lot of connections between ISIS and Qatar.

Lets suppose, just suppose ISIS tell Qatar to reroute one of their aircraft with alcohol swilling eu degenerates on their way to Bangkok? It aint too far removed from a possibility these days.

Why have all the Arab states around Qatar chucked the Qatari Ambassadors out?. The wonderfull Arab 'Brotherhood' must have been a bit disturbed over something? One state throwing an Ambassador out OK, But ALL of them?. Somethings going on.

No Panic Attack at all, if you wish to continue use Qatar thats fine. I wont. The real Gem was, I stopped using Kuwait Airlines the week before Saddam took the Airport. I just had that feeling. Ive got the same feeling now over Qatar.

Lets suppose, just suppose ISIS tell Qatar to reroute one of their aircraft with alcohol swilling eu degenerates on their way to Bangkok?

Passenger aircraft going off route tend to attract fighter aircraft. If you're saying that the aforementioned "fast air" intercept might do ISIS's job for them for the price of a couple of AAM's in that capacity then you're making a good point, however, if suggesting that Qatar will re route an A340 or suchlike in order to provide a supply of infidels for them to behead then I think it's far fetched at best.

It is a perfectly feasible situation, but I think to be honest that pretty much any aircraft or airline from the Middle East could be at risk, simply because the players involved are all pretty well connected to each other.

Remember the Khashoggis?, had their fingers in a lot of pies, and to see an example of how "incestuous" (for want of a better word) these people are at that level, then look no further.

It wouldn't stop me flying on a particular airline though. As with Kuwait in the Early 90's (I was in Oman at the time), Kuwait did kind of have a heads up that Saddam was going to invade, the clue being Saddam saying "If you don't stop cross drilling into my fucking Oilfields I'm going to invade your country and teach you a lesson" (or words to the effect of). We all had a feeling it was going to kick off when he mobilised his armoured divisions a couple of weeks before.

Pretty good article Dave.

I'm flying with them twice over the next four days, I'll take my chances of not being be-headed on the Tarmac of HIA, if it's me just hope it's after I come out of the business lounge lol.

Regards

I was amused that Qatar was compared size-wise to Belgium. They too are taking over the UK. :D

I work in Qatar and fly out every 8 weeks. New airport is lovely, no issues on flights, and the Moroccan chick at the Business Class check in is cute.

Feedback appreciated..... I wish they offered the limo service like Emirates and Etihad do.

Feedback appreciated..... I wish they offered the limo service like Emirates and Etihad do.

Hi jacko,

I just did a business class leg LHR to DOH with Qatar on their new A380. I remember you saying you nearly always go business class so a quick round up from myself. I flew in from Aberdeen so the lack of limo had no effect for myself.

The lounge at Heathrow is very good with really helpfull staff, went out of their way to solve my small problem, nice guys. The food on offer in the a la carte menu looked pretty good with plenty of choice. I just had Tomato and Basil soup followed by a Chicken Club sandwich as I wasn't really that hungry. Plenty of Champagne on offer and a pretty comprehensive wine list also. Toilets and showering facilities are also nice and kept really clean. Reasonably fast wi-fi, also a small business centre if you need to print out documents. The chairs in the lounge beside the windows are really comfortable and I could have easily nodded off in them.

On the A380 itself, apparently the seats are the same as the ones on the 787. To be honest, I didn't rate them that highly, the space for your feet is restricted as the sides narrow from the seat in front of you. Whilst they are fully lie flat, I didn't find getting forty winks that easy, IMHO their business class seats on their 777 are better. The IFE system is a new touch screen remote system, although plenty to watch I think Emirates still lead the field in this area. I also find Emirates A380 business seats to be better IMHO, more comfortable, especially with the mattress toppers that they hand out on night flights.

The service could have been better to be honest, my drink order took ages to come after take off and was still wrong. I'm not a high demand customer (well I think I'm not) I never press the call button and regularly fly in excess of 100,000 miles per annum. Not sure if it's the sheer number of business seats to staff ratio on the A380, but again the service I have received on their 777 has been excellent normally. There is a bar area upstairs much the same as Emirates, but I gave it a miss as I normally do. I did take take one or two photos, but my daughter has the camera with her just now down in Bangkok.

Overall IMHO Emirates slightly shade the business class experience. If going with Qatar I would try and get on their 777, a better all round experience when flying Qatar.

Regards

• Upvote 2

Overall IMHO Emirates slightly shade the business class experience. If going with Qatar I would try and get on their 777, a better all round experience when flying Qatar.

Regards

To be honest I was not too keen on the Emirates A380 Biz Class Experience either. A friend agreed... too big a cabin and not that comfortable.

I have also had complaints of the speed of drinks and food delivery in Qatar Biz Class on other aircraft, the galley seemed to be very limited and a meal was turned out every 15 minutes, so it appeared. Like many I want to get it done with in the first 1.5 hours and watch a film or try and sleep. A drink before me within 20 minutes of airborne is also something I like, but they were faffing about with some silly snack. I am tempted to try Turkish... prices looking good and improved Manchester connections. Any comments?