Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 257 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Exchanging currencies using passport card

As part of a test I successfully exchanged US dollars to Thai baht at one of the many soi boycow exchange booths using a passport card as an ID instead of a regular passport. It has worked for scooter rental also.

The passport card issued by the US federal government has all the technical features necessary to meet international standards as a national ID card however it will never be issued as such because of the current consensus that it is the government's problem to prove that a person is not a citizen rather the person's problem to prove that they are.

Mykl. If you use travellers cheques you will be asked to show your passport. In the past you were not asked to show a passport when exchanging cash but I think the situation may be changing, I have seen some booths with notices asking for ID.

I've used the exchange booths regularly over the past month and never been asked for ID, even if they have a sign up saying it was required.

KM

I think you could show them your airline frequent flyer card and they would be okay.

I've never had to show a passport to change USD to THB.

I think you could show them your airline frequent flyer card and they would be okay.

I've never had to show a passport to change USD to THB.

I think the only ever time for me was eons ago when I had one of those 100$ bills that were in the 'we do not accept' serial number group.

I changed it in a bank and was asked for my PP.

I better put my FF card in my wallet I guess.

Based on the above information, I made the mistake of comparing Bangkok apples to Pattaya oranges.

Is there anything in Thailand that is deterministic?

Early this year, I think I was asked for my passport at an exchange booth which was not affiliated with a bank. It was in Pattaya. My sample size is small as I primarily rely on ATM cards.