Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Paying electric bill in Pattaya online?

I find myself, for the first time in a decade, having to actually pay an electric bill myself.

I have habitually paid all my bills here online, but someone said you cannot pay the electric company online.

Is this true or not?

What are my options for paying this bill?

Hi MM,

I think that right: you can't pay online :(

You can pay your bills using automatic bank transfer. That's what I use. Absolutely no problem :)

To pay this bill, the easier probably is to go at their office inside Royal Garden.

From beach road side: escalator and turn left. Office in the middle of the alley on the left.

Hi MM,

I think that right: you can't pay online :(

You can pay your bills using automatic bank transfer. That's what I use. Absolutely no problem :)

To pay this bill, the easier probably is to go at their office inside Royal Garden.

From beach road side: escalator and turn left. Office in the middle of the alley on the left.

I hope that's not the best solution. I seldom have cause to go to Royal Garden and wade through the hordes of Russians and other shoppers.

There must be a better way... 7-11 perhaps?

You can pay at the 7-11. I have yet to find a way to pay power or water online. I did once try to set up a direct debit which I am told is possible. I got the form from the bank and took it to the main power office off Sukhumvit. Stood in a queue for an age and then the cashier had no idea what to do with it. I left it with her but it was never activated.

Edited by PattayaPete

You can pay at the 7-11. I have yet to find a way to pay power or water online. I did once try to set up a direct debit which I am told is possible. I got the form from the bank and took it to the main power office off Sukhumvit. Stood in a queue for an age and then the cashier had no idea what to do with it. I left it with her but it was never activated.

7-11 is the answer I was given elsewhere, and also told to pay before 6pm for some reason.

Okay, this isn't as bad as having to go to their offices then.

Thanks for the replies :thumbup:

I hope that's not the best solution. I seldom have cause to go to Royal Garden and wade through the hordes of Russians and other shoppers.

There must be a better way... 7-11 perhaps?

But you save 10 baht when you pay at the Royal Garden Provincial Electricity Office versus 7-11. Surely worth the trek out there... :P

I'll send the missus to pay the damned thing at 7-11..though that 10 baht might have come in handy.

From a mobile

Now you are thinking. my Mrs takes the water bill to the water works place, electric bill I often pay at 7-11. True internet I do from my mobile, as I do with the phone bills.

On-line payment I think only covers the Metropolitan area for electric. I was put off the idea of direct debit as someone said you cannot cancel them for government controlled utilities. These things are actually quite convenient here.

But you save 10 baht when you pay at the Royal Garden Provincial Electricity Office versus 7-11. Surely worth the trek out there... :P

Hi. I don't know why but I had in mind that MM was late to pay the bill when I replied... whence my answer Royal Garden office. (and I think another office at BogC Xtra too now).

Yes 7/11 is the "standard" way to pay, but don't forget you have a short period to pay it (about 1 week) and after this you will have to go to one of the Company offices to pay.

I'll send the missus to pay the damned thing at 7-11..though that 10 baht might have come in handy.

From a mobile

Somehow I'm thinking that sending the missus to a shopping mall to save 10 baht while paying an electric bill might not be cost effective in the end.

• Upvote 1

Somehow I'm thinking that sending the missus to a shopping mall to save 10 baht while paying an electric bill might not be cost effective in the end.

Agreed! But you'll note I said 7-11..hardly a lady's dream shopping venue.

From a mobile

I have always paid mine at 7/11. It looked for a while like M-Pay would be a solution but they have not been able to get it together and there is just not enough of them around

I would have thought there would have been an atm solution as well by now. We can top up our phones and transfer money via atm, deposit money with cdm's, so why can't we pay bills?

Edited by cbrib
  • Upvote 1

I have always paid mine at 7/11. It looked for a while like M-Pay would be a solution but they have not been able to get it together and there is just not enough of them around

I would have thought there would have been an atm solution as well by now. We can top up our phones and transfer money via atm, deposit money with cdm's, so why can't we pay bills?

I was going to 7-11, and the missus said "Go to Family Mart..no commission there". So, off to the corner FM where I held up the bill to the cashier, and she promptly took it and started the process of getting it into the bill pay system. She scanned it 3 or 4 times and sad "Cannot" which had my heart falling, then scanned once more and started typing.

After a few minutes (seems the system is a bit slow), my total rang up on the display...2781 for a 2771 bill. She said "2771". Hmm, okay I thought. I gave her 3000 baht and she returned change for 2771...so, no commission!

Family Mart rules!! Saved 10 baht.

Now I can afford the baht bus to Walking St tonight :P

• Upvote 2

In BKK, you can also use Big C...It is a pain each month, but I have gotten use to it

Water, True and electric can all be paid at one location

In BKK, you can also use Big C...It is a pain each month, but I have gotten use to it

Water, True and electric can all be paid at one location

True can be paid by online transfer through your Thai bank.

MyPay was a solution, but they said July 2014 was the target date for getting electric and water bills on there machines

Of course TIT and it is probably never going to happen.

• 4 weeks later...

7-11 is quick and easy...but you have a short time to pay it. The queues at the main office in Naglua are horrendous at the start of the month. Especially the first 2 days. If you've missed the 7-11 cut off and have to go to the office in Naglua you can ask at the small office to the left of the car park when they plan to cut you off...the staff will give you a solid answer.

i've done this a few times and avoided having to wait around in the massive queues. I just come back on the morning of the cut off date (or the day before) and pay...by that time the start of the month crowds have subsided.

• Upvote 1