Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

To stay within the intent of Teelack's recent thread thread, I would like to share my positive story for 2014

A good friend of mine made up her mind a couple of months ago that she needed a change of career. The old career was reasonably lucrative, but had a few aspects that she had grown tired of, and she decided a clean break was what she needed.

So she set up in business as a Taxi driver, based in Pattaya, providing rides to and from airports, and various other destinations us mongerers want to go from time to time, golf courses, BKK, tourist attractions, in fact, anywhere you want to go.

She engaged my assistance, and that of a few more BM, here and on a couple of other boards, to advise members of her new service.

She charges a little above the cut rate fares charged by some providers, but for that, you get your Tolls paid on Airport runs, you get Ford Focus with plenty of space, as opposed to a smaller Vios, you get a lady driver, very careful, instead of an adrenaline, testosterone or Yabba fueled male driver, so the experience isn't as hair raising as it often can be. And a few snacks and cold water thrown in.

Added bonus, she is cute, and speaks O.K English, and is happy to chat on the way to your destination.

Now, after her first full month driving, she has proved to be quite popular with our members. A true success story. Most of her income goes to support her mother, grandmother and her two young children back home. No freeloading boozing gambling males in her family!

You can book her on email namnamthailand@gmail.com, or look at her Facebook page "Nam's Taxi Lady Driver Pattaya"

She is busy designing a webpage right now...

Give her a try, she deserves a shot at making herself and her family a better life....

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This new BM is someone who deliberately joined this forum with the sole purpose of slagging off.   I have read the entire correspondence between this poster and Nam.   The real story is quite diff

There is no way I would consider that dishonest - You asked for a booking for 3 people and Nam responded with a quote for a SUV at 1800 obviously because she considered an SUV would be preferable for

Based on what I had read here, I booked Nam to bring me to Pattaya from Swampy earlier today.   Booking via email was very efficient.   Nam was waiting at the appointed place for me, and had no

Posted Images

Nice one ikkrang, I've had the odd trip from the airport to patts done at 160 km/h and wondered if I was ever going to make it there safely. I use PT Taxis as they also have a lady driver and Mrs Butch prefers that and now insists on it.

However, I'll certainly give her a look if we return and suggest as an alternative to any mates heading back that way soon. The English is a major plus and if she responds to emails promptly then that's always appreciated.

When she gets the web page up mate, stick a link up.

Thanks Ikkrang. I appreciate the comments and also think that this lady should make a good living as long as she gets positive reviews. I will look at the web site when it is ready however I may take a bit of weaning off my current outfit who are reliable and 1000 baht!

I rarely need a taxi but I reckon 90% of bms will want a reliable pick-up or drop off at Swampy from time-to-time. She's going to see a lot of Route 7.

I'm no haruspex but it could be the start of her own Taxi fleet……..

Great to see.

Edited by atlas2

She is if course not the only woman driver, there are a few others going for that niche. But I think it is a definite niche, and she may be able to make it work.

Not sure about the idea of a fleet.

The thing she has going for her is personal service, she is her own quality control in terms of her personal dedication to the quality of her service, safe driving, punctuality, rapid response to email requests, ability to find places and routes by GPS, English skills, and "service with a smile".

The drawback about larger businesses is that it becomes more difficult to keep that quality control. Complaints about other bigger firms have often been that they seem to have more random staffing, including reckless drivers, who for the sake of time and money take stupid risks, who beg for tips, get lost, or have an unpleasant attitude etc.

The plus of a bigger group is that you can do more back to back jobs, take someone to the airport, then pick up the next appointment from the airport for the return journey. That makes it more profitable, allowing a cheaper price.

I suppose there is a place for both options.

I have over the years been terrified a few times by reckless drivers, a couple of times been traded to a different driver in a layby on the motorway, without anything I could do about it, been lost on Arrival in Pattaya, because by BKK cabby didn't have a clue where to find my hotel at 1.00 AM, and been harassed for tips or tollway charges. And once or twice taken on a non tollway route that added an hour to the journey. And missed an international flight once, because the driver decided to take a shortcut and then lost the way to Don Muang...

So now I choose to pay a bit more for "Peace of Mind"

She charges a little above the cut rate fares charged by some providers, but for that, you get your Tolls paid on Airport runs, you get Ford Focus with plenty of space, as opposed to a smaller Vios, you get a lady driver, very careful, instead of an adrenaline, testosterone or Yabba fueled male driver, so the experience isn't as hair raising as it often can be. And a few snacks and cold water thrown in.

So how much is a little bit above? I find when people say things like this it is 50% above.

I've been driven several times by drivers from personal contacts and the experience has always been much better than an official taxi. But I have to ask about the insurance situation.

• Upvote 1

The car she uses. Sedan or hatchback? Does the car run on natural gas or gasoline? Does she have access to a mini van? I travel with a mobility scooter that breaks down into three pieces.

The car she uses. Sedan or hatchback? Does the car run on natural gas or gasoline? Does she have access to a mini van? I travel with a mobility scooter that breaks down into three pieces.

She drives a Ford Focus Sedan, which has an LPG tank, but still has quite a nice big boot left, unless the little Toyotas, which once they have gas, cannot fit much luggage. However, i am not sure how big your mobility scooter is and whether the shape will fit her trunk.

I shall ask her about a minivan.

Are you talking pick up from airport? If so, which airport?

Thank you, MM

Now, we can keep our discussion here centred on the taxi services of Ms Nam, who currently us on her way back from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya, and should be home soon.

She has another job tomorrow evening, but as far as I know is still free tomorrow daytime, if required....

She drives a Ford Focus Sedan, which has an LPG tank, but still has quite a nice big boot left, unless the little Toyotas, which once they have gas, cannot fit much luggage. However, i am not sure how big your mobility scooter is and whether the shape will fit her trunk.

I shall ask her about a minivan.

Are you talking pick up from airport? If so, which airport?

Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya and return. I'll need a mini van.

Edited by BigDUSA

Korean Air 651 arrive BKK 9:05PM on 11 February. Return 25 February 9:45PM. What is the price for a mini van?

My apologies for the delay.

She does not own a minivan, so she would have to rent one. Leaving her car idle. That would bring the cost beyond what is reasonsble.

She suggests you would be better of using one of the regular other services who do have their own minivan.

Sorry she cannot help you.

She charges 1200 bt including tolls for an airport pick up from Suvarnabhumi

A fair price. Mr.T charges 1000 (900 the other way) but with Nam it is a know car/driver (I have only been stand-up once even though I have had a couple of delayed flights) and she speaks English well.
  • Upvote 1

My apologies for the delay.

She does not own a minivan, so she would have to rent one. Leaving her car idle. That would bring the cost beyond what is reasonsble.

She suggests you would be better of using one of the regular other services who do have their own minivan.

Sorry she cannot help you.

Thank you for getting back to me.

• 4 weeks later...

I understand a few BM have recently booked her for an airport or BKK trip.

I'd be happy if you can provide any feedback here, how she compared with your previous Taxi service providers...

What is her price from Don Muang(sp) Airport.

No need to answer this as I just saw the other thread that she charges 1800 baht from Don Muang.

At that price I can use Mr T who uses similar size cars for 1200baht all in and I have never had a problem with their drivers and if I want to pay 1800baht I can get a Camry from the Airport itself at one of the taxi stands.

If her price was similar to Mr T or even a little cost more I would give her a try but will not be bothered at that price.

Good luck to her in her new business, I hope it all works out for her.

I recently had to drive to DM myself to pick up a friend.

It took me 40 minutes past Suvarnabhumi and the toll charges between the two airports are 145 bt one way, 290 for the return trip. So for her 2x40 minutes extra drive and 90 km, she charges 310 baht more compared to the Suvarnabhumi pick up.

If you could guarantee a two way passenger it might be cheaper, but between Patts and DM that is very rare.

Total tolls for the two way trip are 290 plus 120, 410 baht.

Of course, you could avoid the expressway, and take an hour or more longer...

I recently had to drive to DM myself to pick up a friend.

It took me 40 minutes past Suvarnabhumi and the toll charges between the two airports are 145 bt one way, 290 for the return trip. So for her 2x40 minutes extra drive and 90 km, she charges 310 baht more compared to the Suvarnabhumi pick up.

If you could guarantee a two way passenger it might be cheaper, but between Patts and DM that is very rare.

Total tolls for the two way trip are 290 plus 120, 410 baht.

Of course, you could avoid the expressway, and take an hour or more longer...

MR T still only charges 1200 Baht one way.