Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This new BM is someone who deliberately joined this forum with the sole purpose of slagging off.   I have read the entire correspondence between this poster and Nam.   The real story is quite diff

There is no way I would consider that dishonest - You asked for a booking for 3 people and Nam responded with a quote for a SUV at 1800 obviously because she considered an SUV would be preferable for

Based on what I had read here, I booked Nam to bring me to Pattaya from Swampy earlier today.   Booking via email was very efficient.   Nam was waiting at the appointed place for me, and had no

Posted Images

Well, since she started about three months ago, she has been pretty busy almost every day.

But it looks now that high season has finally finished, this is the first time she has a couple of days without any bookings.

She ironed out most of the initial start up problems, e.g. Now she tries to keep enough if a gap between bookings to handle late arrivals that may delay her next pick up.

Not 100% foolproof, but the very rare occasions when it goes wrong, like last week, a very delayed arrival, delayed coming out if customs, and terrible rain on the way back, she knew she was going to be late, and called someone to pick up her next customers for their airport run.

She is going home iver Songkran, first to spend ut with her famiky, then staying out if Pattaya until it is all over. Traffic congestion in Pattaya is so bad over Songkran, and probably thus year worse then ever, due to the tunnel being built at Klang.

But until April 11, and from April 20 onwards, she is available to drive you, now in a new car, again a Ford Focus.

Namnamthailand@gmail.com for your bookings

• 1 month later...

About eight weeks later, and she's still doing OK, although not as busy as in January and february, the low season is biting.

She had a minor mishap a couple of weeks ago, injured her back, maybe lifting big suitcase, not sure. She had to take a few days off to recover, went home to be treated by a blind massage woman in her village she swears by. Now since last Friday back on deck.

When she has a day off and doesn't go home to her family, she gets back to her favourite hobby, art. She draws and paints watercolours, experimenting a bit with acrylics now, too.

Thaidragons-7881.jpg

If you had a ride with her and enjoyed it, please give her an endorsement on this thread, she really appreciates feedback.

and if you think of anything she can do to improve her service, feel free to say so, too.....

I posted something positive in another thread………..

My mate was picked up at his Jomtien hotel at 4 in the morning and delivered to the airport very efficiently.

I used her both ways on my visit in April. She is a pleasure to drive with and chat with. To me it is well worth the slightly (compared to Mr. T.) higher price. :-)

Ikky! About time you got posting again! I miss your contribution to the forum.

Teelack, I would report uf there was anything new to report.

All I can say is life us good, nothing I haven't written about before, and some things that are good but better not written about...

Teelack, I would report uf there was anything new to report.

All I can say is life us good, nothing I haven't written about before, and some things that are good but better not written about...

I assumed that you were at music lessons taking an advanced course in Bugle playing!

• 1 month later...

She does like to get her details straight, so if on sending a request for booking, you give these upfront, she can let you know if she is available.

Name, pick up location, destination, date, time, number of passengers, and if possible, Thai mobile number.

When it concerns an airport run, flight number and arrival or departure time are needed.

She keeps all this info on Google calendar on both her phone and her iPad, so she can both check and answer if needed while waiting for her customer to arrive.

She's getting quite efficient at this now, and takes great pride in delivering good service.

If you are happy with her service, please tell us here on this thread.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Based on what I had read here, I booked Nam to bring me to Pattaya from Swampy earlier today.

Booking via email was very efficient.

Nam was waiting at the appointed place for me, and had no problem waiting a little longer whilst I got a phone contract. She gave me a bottle of water which was a most appreciated small touch.

She drove very safely and well, but that is not to say she drove slowly.

She speaks pretty good English, and she had the skill to provide whatever amount of conversation I wanted.

She had some Thai music playing in the background but at a very low level.

She's a charming lady, and I wouldn't hesitate to book her again.

• Upvote 4

Thank you guys, much appreciated.

Initially slow season was a bit too slow for her, but over the past few months, the number of repeat customers is steadily rising, which means people like her service and come back.

In July she had the same number of bookings as in January, so it looks like she has gotten over the rough patch of a start up business in the low season, and will continue to thrive.

She had quite a few in the past couple of months that she had to turn down due to already being booked. She has now found a back up driver, a lady called Ann, with a nice Toyota Camry, who she can offer to pick you up if she is already booked when you need her.

I met Ann, she is a nice woman, and according to Nam who took her on a trial run to the airport to pick up a customer, she is a competent and safe driver. A slight drawback, her english is not as good as Nam's, but she has been driving a taxi for quit a while, and all booking arrangements are done online by Nam. Nam will check with you if you are OK being picked up by Ann if she is busy herself. Any repeat bookings with Ann, please contact Nam by email.

And of course, Nam is way cuter.....
But maybe, I am biased.

Namnamthailand@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using the lovley Nam for my last 3 trips. She has always provided reliable and safe service. After too many pickups from crappy worn out viehacles or drivers who are not safe Nam is my number 1 option.

She has always been on time and with a big smile and hug. As it has been mentioned one of the best reasons for chosing Nam is you know what you are getting. Also I admire a girl who is trying to make it on her own instead sitting in the bars trying to get a customer.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A fellow BM has assisted her by setting up a Website for her.

It gives all the info you may need, and is neutral, in giving no indication that she is operating from the world epicenter for P4P, so you can even give it to your old aunt and uncle who only come here to play golf, eat and visit temples...

http://www.namstaxipattaya.com

Mods, I hope this is not breaking any rules to publish a weblink, if so, aoplogies, and feel free to remove the link

It gives all the info you may need, and is neutral, in giving no indication that she is operating from the world epicenter for P4P, so you can even give it to your old aunt and uncle who only come here to play golf, eat and visit temples...

Mods, I hope this is not breaking any rules to publish a weblink, if so, aoplogies, and feel free to remove the link

Naming the domain namstaxipattaya sort of gives away the world epicenter for P4P information.

Naming the domain namstaxipattaya sort of gives away the world epicenter for P4P information.

That of course was obvious, but the search engines pick her up faster this way.

Basically, she needs to widen her customer net, and not remain almost exclusively on referrals from P4p boards. This link hopefully will up on the likes of Trip Advisor, Lonely Planet, etc.

BTW, if any of her taxi customers want to put this link on those boards, she would be most gratteful..

Of course, initially bookings via her website will be the same people who read about her here oron the other boards, but eventually, there will be more referrals from that website that are not exclusively coming from a mongerers board.

I sometimes have to pass on information gathere from this or another board to my S.O. Without it being obvious that it came from here. I usually blame it on having found that info via Google, or ThaiVisa.

I think her website maybe useful to those others who are also walking that fine line .......

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed her price for a BKK to Pattaya is 1200 does this include tolls?

Thanks.

That of course was obvious, but the search engines pick her up faster this way.

Basically, she needs to widen her customer net, and not remain almost exclusively on referrals from P4p boards. This link hopefully will up on the likes of Trip Advisor, Lonely Planet, etc.

BTW, if any of her taxi customers want to put this link on those boards, she would be most gratteful..

Of course, initially bookings via her website will be the same people who read about her here oron the other boards, but eventually, there will be more referrals from that website that are not exclusively coming from a mongerers board.

I sometimes have to pass on information gathere from this or another board to my S.O. Without it being obvious that it came from here. I usually blame it on having found that info via Google, or ThaiVisa.

I think her website maybe useful to those others who are also walking that fine line .......

I'm in the process of booking Nam.

Her prices have always been including the tolls and Nam is a charming woman.

Thanks, I emailed her and she replied very promptly which I really appreciated. I then sent her my info as she is available on my arrival time. I'll talk about service in a future TR that I feel I owe the BMs who've supplied so much info to me.

update: booked confirmed. Thanks

Edited by Chester007
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...