Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

If you think 105 minutes is bad, my last trip after I caught a bus down to Pattaya from Ekemai Bus station in Bangkok and it took 150 minutes..Drove slow but the worst bit was as we were nearing Pattaya he pulled into an LPG station and then kicked us all off while he filled up with gas.

Sounds like a reasonable safety regulation.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This new BM is someone who deliberately joined this forum with the sole purpose of slagging off.   I have read the entire correspondence between this poster and Nam.   The real story is quite diff

There is no way I would consider that dishonest - You asked for a booking for 3 people and Nam responded with a quote for a SUV at 1800 obviously because she considered an SUV would be preferable for

Based on what I had read here, I booked Nam to bring me to Pattaya from Swampy earlier today.   Booking via email was very efficient.   Nam was waiting at the appointed place for me, and had no

Posted Images

Announcement by Nam’s Taxi:

“Nam’s Taxi goes on Holiday”

From April 14 until and including April 20, Nam will not be providing any taxi services in Pattaya or elsewhere.

The past few years have shown to Nam very few drivers are willing to stay in Pattaya to drive, and the roads are so congested that an airport run can easily take four hours.

Songkran is very much a family holiday event, and she wants to give her drivers an opportunity to spend time with their children and family.

So Nam has decided to take a week off, her first holiday in over two years, and Nam herself is considering going to a cooler place.

in order to keep the service running after the 20th, she will be responding to emails in that period, but is asking anyone who has booked their flight tickets well in advance, to also try and book their taxi well in advance, so she can minimise her online time during her holidays.

Normal service resuming as of April 21….

• Upvote 1
  • 10 months later...

Having traveled with a different airline and stayed in a different hotel on my most recent trip i thought that i might as well try a different transfer service and so after many happy years with the Limo Pattaya i decided to give Nam's taxi service a go. Advance communications were good and the airport Pick up was flawless by a lady called Mai a Bangkok based driver who Nam uses often for late night and early morning arrivals. Between arrivals and the car park Mai must have decided that i was sufficiently trustworthy and so removed all the junk from the front seat and invited me to ride up front. For the next hour or so the conversation flowed in both Thai and English . I was happy and tipped 300 baht rather than my usual 200 . The base fare is still 1200 baht each way which is the same that i pay with The Limo Pattaya

On the return journey the driver arrived half an hour early ( this is not a plus in my book as rushing around at the last minute means that you are far more likely to leave something behind) The driver this time was Yuri (? ) who was much more taciturn but the trip to the airport was smooth and uneventful.

Overall a perfectly acceptable service with very good advance communications and if the return journey had been as good as the pick up i might have been tempted to recommend over The Limo Pattaya

• Upvote 2

Having a driver arrive early is a big plus in my mind as it eliminates the anxiety of a late or no-show driver that puts my arrival at the airport on time at risk. The drivers I've had have no problem when I come out, tell them thanks for arriving early, but I sill have to finish packing.

• Upvote 2

Having a driver arrive early is a big plus in my mind as it eliminates the anxiety of a late or no-show driver that puts my arrival at the airport on time at risk. The drivers I've had have no problem when I come out, tell them thanks for arriving early, but I sill have to finish packing.

I generally book my car for at least 60 and sometimes 90 minutes earlier than i really need to allow for traffic problems and any possible no show.

• Upvote 1

Although I've booked Nam on numerous occasions for the pick-up of friends arriving/leaving, today was a first.

My son flew in at 6 am and I didn't fancy a 3.30 am, (to be safe), drive up to the airport.

I told Nam this was a VIP pick-up...... She reassured me all of her drivers are safe but I asked for the one with the Fortuna as it's high ride and sturdy.......and brand new.

Swopped all the numbers and the usual prep' was thoroughly done..........But you still consider what can go wrong.

As usual I worried for nothing..... everything went perfectly. I was very impressed when I asked the driver what time she'd had to leave Pattaya to be sure of the pick up? And she said she'd slept over at the airport from 8 the previous night......'Easier and safer..can be no problem.'

I liked her thinking.

Well done her!

Well done Nam's Taxis.

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 2

Have used Nam's Taxi on last three trips, pick-up from airport and return. All excellent, driving at reasonable speed,and good new cars

Will be using again on next visit

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

During my recent trip in March/April this year I used Nams Taxi Service 5 times for the following journeys:

• Suvarnabhumi to Dynasty Inn Bangkok
  • Suvarnabhumi to Astera Sathorn Bangkok
  • Astera Sathorn Bangkok to Don Muang
  • Don Muang to View Tally 6 Pattaya
  • View Tally 6 Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi

To put it simply her service is superb.

On every pickup her drivers were on time, extremely pleasant and very careful drivers.

Her communications were also excellent and her prices were fair.

I had also used her service on four occasions last May with the same results

In conclusion, if you are looking for a reliable taxi service, with good drivers that are on time for pickups, look no further than Nams Taxi service – You won’t be disappointed..

One final point – On two of the pickups I had my Thai wife with me and the driver and her naturally chatted away in Thai and the driver revealed how often she got hit on by customers and occasionally felt uncomfortable with Indian customers. For fucks sake guys – These ladies are providing an awesome service and do this because they don’t want to work in the bars, so treat them with respect – They deserve it.

http://www.namstaxipattaya.com/services

Edited by kuranda_bagman
  • Upvote 1

Couldn't you just Google SUV. A Sports Utility Vehicle, like a 4WD, but smaller and more like a station sedan. If travelling alone, you don't need it....

I'll be the judge of that

SUV covers a multitude of models and therefore sizes

Years of dealing with retarded taxi people who say one thing then turn up with a smaller vehicle lead me to ironing this well out first

And as a retort to your know all comment when travelling alone with anything approaching the luggage allowed you definitely DO need it (or bigger)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Steady on Reg!

If it's the same car that picked up my son last time....(see report).......and on another occasion a mate....It's one of the bigger Fortunas

Should get all your luggage allowance in that.

Ask specifically for it though.

• Upvote 1

Fortuna will cut it

(3 x 32kg suitcases, 1 x wheelalong carry-on and 1 x large laptop bag swamps most taxis)

Strange not to show the vehicles on the website though

Ah...I see .......the benefits of turning left at the air-craft door...most of us have never flown First class.

The girl who owns the Fortuna actually slept in it at the airport for a 6am pick-up of my son. That's dedication!

• Upvote 1

If you are carrying THAT much luggage (as a single traveller) I guess a smaller car with a gas tank in the boot/trunk might not cut not for you. I travel much lighter, carrying my oldest clothing, that I soon replace with new stuff, and dispose of the old for the trip home.... And please don't call me a 'know all', as I am sure I have been wrong sometime before. :D

I think Nam's site is well put together, and an email to her would sort out your worries about the size of the car, without you immediately thinking that taxi drivers are 'retarded', and including her in that statement.

• Upvote 2

Mmm

Putting words in mouths now

Read what I said

"Years of dealing with retarded taxi people who say one thing then turn up with a smaller vehicle lead me to ironing this well out first"

I may be guilty of using 'retarded' as a yardstick in my own dealings (and therefore reducing the propensity to getting subsequently bitten by unforeseen stupidity) but I wasn't conscious of applying the epithet directly to the vaunted "Nam".

I used Nam's lady taxi service for the first time in January this year after getting a recommendation from a BM on this forum.

Good service. They replied straight away to my email booking and gave instructions as to where to meet at the airport. Sure enough my lady driver was waiting.

Nice safe drive down to Pattaya and plenty of water bottles in the car, which looked pretty new. 1200 baht inc tolls

I have booked them again for when I arrive next week on the strength of my last journey with them from BKK airport to Pattaya.

• Upvote 1

Nam informed me this morning that as of now, she has increased most of her priced with 50 baht, to compensate for the 45 baht increase in Tollway fees.

After ample discussion with her drivers, who were not keen to lose their income, she decided this was the best way to go. Apologies to anyone inconvenienced. Any rides booked before today should still be at arranged price....

And many thanks for the positive feedback on her service over the past few months.

After starting from scratch 3 1/2 years ago, she has built up a regular business with mostly very positive feedback from her customers, and partly thanks to discerning people like our BMs here. She now employs a full time admin assistant called Chanya, to ensure she is covered 24 hours a day, without Nam losing sleep...

Having mentioned mostly positive feedback, nobody is perfect, and no service anywhere will ever continue to function without the occasional human error.

But Nam's Taxis wants to limit any mistakes and lapse of service to the absolute minimum, and also welcomes any feedback that may not be so good, in order to help her improve her service. Her drivers, in turn, are well aware of her explicit request for feedback from customers, which may help them keep on their toes....

So if you have any complaints, or suggestions on how to improve, you are welcome to post them her, or PM me, or write to Nam direct by email to namnamthailand@gmail.com

So if you have any complaints, or suggestions on how to improve, you are welcome to post them her, or PM me, or write to Nam direct ...................................

Can we go back to getting hugs from Nam when she picks you up like I used to get? :D

Just kidding. Always had a great service from all of her drivers and will continue to use her taxis on all my trips, regardless of the increase - still really good value.

KM

• Upvote 1

So if you have any complaints, or suggestions on how to improve, you are welcome to post them her, or PM me, or write to Nam direct by email to namnamthailand@gmail.com

As mentioned in an earlier post of mine made recently, I was extremely satisfied with the service provided and I don't have an issue with the 50bt increase.

I do have a suggestion however.

On every trip I sat in the left rear seat as the cars always have the front left passenger seat pushed as far forward as possible to allow for maximum legroom. This is great for comfort, however I also like to see where I'm going and the head rest on the front passenger seat always obscures my forward view.

As such, providing there is nobody in the front passenger seat it would be awesome if the head rest were removed.

Women have a tendency to suddenly change their minds. This is one such occasion.
Before the recent price increase, triggered by the increase in Tollway fees, Nam had been pondering about whether or not to do this.

So now, after having instructed me to post the increases here and on another board, plus having asked our other advisor, who does the website, to post the new prices there as well, she decided to change her mind. She came to the conclusion that she was going to absorb the 45 baht increase herself, and revert back to the old price, e.g. 1200 bt for an airport pick up or drop off, 1500 for pick up or drop off at the most common Bangkok place, Sukhumvit area.

So sorry to have taken your time with my previous announcement, ignore the previous price increase, everything reverts to the same prices as last year....

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Women have a tendency to suddenly change their minds. This is one such occasion.

Before the recent price increase, triggered by the increase in Tollway fees, Nam had been pondering about whether or not to do this.

So now, after having instructed me to post the increases here and on another board, plus having asked our other advisor, who does the website, to post the new prices there as well, she decided to change her mind. She came to the conclusion that she was going to absorb the 45 baht increase herself, and revert back to the old price, e.g. 1200 bt for an airport pick up or drop off, 1500 for pick up or drop off at the most common Bangkok place, Sukhumvit area.

So sorry to have taken your time with my previous announcement, ignore the previous price increase, everything reverts to the same prices as last year....

Is Nam, herself, going to absorb the cost of the tollway increase or will it be passed onto the drivers? I only ask because if it gets passed onto the driver I will give the driver an EXTRA 50Bt in the tip while explaining the reason(toll increase) for the extra 50Bt to them.

If Nam, herself, absorbs it, there's no doubt that giving the driver the extra 50Bt, to give to Nam, will not make it to Nam.

No photos on the website

Does anyone have a clue as to what the advertised in the price list "SUV" is?

Used Nam's twice. SUV both times. Both times were Toyota Fortuner's. One was 3 month's old. The other, a little older. Both spotless. Google cargo space.