Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Is Nam, herself, going to absorb the cost of the tollway increase or will it be passed onto the drivers? I only ask because if it gets passed onto the driver I will give the driver an EXTRA 50Bt in the tip while explaining the reason(toll increase) for the extra 50Bt to them.

If Nam, herself, absorbs it, there's no doubt that giving the driver the extra 50Bt, to give to Nam, will not make it to Nam.

Sorry, I have been offline for a while.

In answer to your question, Nam has absorbed the toll increase herself, the drivers margin stays the same.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This new BM is someone who deliberately joined this forum with the sole purpose of slagging off.   I have read the entire correspondence between this poster and Nam.   The real story is quite diff

There is no way I would consider that dishonest - You asked for a booking for 3 people and Nam responded with a quote for a SUV at 1800 obviously because she considered an SUV would be preferable for

Based on what I had read here, I booked Nam to bring me to Pattaya from Swampy earlier today.   Booking via email was very efficient.   Nam was waiting at the appointed place for me, and had no

Posted Images

Used Nams taxis for my trip in July 2018 great meet and greet at the airport even gave me a couple of bottles of water for free ..driver was very professional ..and a safe driver on the return trip phoned me 30 mins early to confirm my pickup time and hotel ...have just booked for my return trip in January 2019 with Nams great communication asks for all your details by email so theirs no misunderstandings highly recommended Ian

I use her company.....(it's grown into that having about 22 lady drivers now)........She's had help of course but cares about the service she provides and her drivers and they respond in kind.

I switched to Nam's this trip after getting pissed off with a rival's drivers for texting and yakking on the phone while driving.

Nam's drivers were excellent, very courteous, professional and safe.

Would definitely use the company again.

It's a shame that I may never see Nam in a taxi again; she is lovely, but she must now operate the business However, I am so glad her 'company' is going so well. It may be time for her to update her site (perhaps with the help of her good friend, ikkrang),and to make it a bigger and better page. She has done so well, and I wish her all the best to succeed even further.

It's a shame that I may never see Nam in a taxi again; she is lovely, but she must now operate the business However, I am so glad her 'company' is going so well.......... She has done so well, and I wish her all the best to succeed even further.

Yes, totally agree. I don't even get a message from her now: all communications seem to come from her secretary, Ms Chanya.

Well done that girl. ☺️

I've been using her taxis pretty much since she started when I even used to get a hug from her when she dropped me off! Not seen her for a while but all her drivers have been punctual, safe and polite. No issues whatsoever.

KM

Yep, one of her drivers picked me up on my last trip in July.

Safe, responsible and overall, just the kind of stress free journey you want after losing luggage and patience with Cebu Pacific!!. A nice smile, a cold bottle of water and a chilled out, safe drive was just the tonic.

It's odd that something as simple as a Taxi journey can make a difference to the trip. We always remember the bad ones, which might put a bloke on a negative vibe before he even enters funtown, which as we all know can, in a perverse kind of way, dictate our attitudes for a while. (Pattaya kind of does that to you).

• 2 weeks later...

I love Nam's service, but if anybody doesn't and wants an alternative that has popped up in Patts, have a look at this. I am not advertising it, nor am I deliberately putting up competition against Nam's service, and possibly could have started a new thread, as it is, this just popped up in my Facebook, so someone is monitoring Nam. Anyway, here it is:

Rainnie Taxi Pattaya (Facebook)

Edited by yorta2
  • 1 month later...

Agree with all the preceding ops' positive posts. Apart from every airport trip, I also booked for Sanctuary of Truth. Not cheap at ฿600, but that included the driver waiting for my return and it was on a late Songkran day when the traffic was unbelievable. So well worth it. Was good at the Sanctuary also - an escape from the water - and no Chinese tour buses either :nod

Agree with all the preceding ops' positive posts. Apart from every airport trip, I also booked for Sanctuary of Truth. Not cheap at ฿600, but that included the driver waiting for my return and it was on a late Songkran day when the traffic was unbelievable. So well worth it. Was good at the Sanctuary also - an escape from the water - and no Chinese tour buses either :nod

That is a little surprising. They certainly get to Nong Neuch and U would have expected the Sanctuary to be on their list too.

That is a little surprising. They certainly get to Nong Neuch and U would have expected the Sanctuary to be on their list too.

Yep, couldn't believe my good luck. There was hardly any visitors at Sanctuary of Truth. Most of my pics have no-one in them. Guess everyone was caught up in the Songkran stuff. Oh just thought of it, the traffic was just bedlam on the day I went, not a day for tour buses. It was also a Songkran special day on that side of Pattaya which caused the crush. But I was in a lovely a/c taxi, dry as a bone, just watching it all...

Just another positive vote for Nams. Had a pickup at BKK, then later at the American Tavern in Bangkok. A very nice Suv even though just the sedan price. Told her i would be with friends and did not care what time we left. So with that vague time and that the Tavern location is not well known, everything was well confirmed and on the agreed time.

To the BM who promoted her service , thanks. But i have used the Tims, T's , Gone to the arrivals and grab a drop off, the bad service from the airport taxis with the towel over the meter. The somebodies girlfriend, wife, special brother . Thai Limo which was outstanding for many years.

They all fail at some point. I hope Nam can beat this and stay consistent even if she cannot accept a booking rather than farming it out.

• Upvote 1

Bill , good point and I think she "vets" her drivers pretty well I've been told.

I had a guy last time and he was simply brilliant. Can't ask much more from a taxi service really, fair price point, great reliability, good, clean cars and safe drivers. As you say, maintaining the consistency is the goal now.

Edited by Butch

Bill , good point and I think she "vets" her drivers pretty well I've been told.

I had a guy last time and he was simply brilliant. Can't ask much more from a taxi service really, fair price point, great reliability, good, clean cars and safe drivers. As you say, maintaining the consistency is the goal now.

Hmm, might soon be time to change the title of this thread to: Nam's Taxi, Mostly Lady Drivers....

Hmm, might soon be time to change the title of this thread to: Nam's Taxi, Mostly Lady Drivers....

This point comes up from time to time.

Nam has a pool of two or three dozen lady drivers that she feels confident about. But there are times when it is impossible to find one, especially if bookings are heavy (One day recently, over 40 bookings) and/or it coincides with one of the festivals that all women want to be with family, Songkran, Mothers day, Loy Kratong or New Year.

She will only use a male driver in last resort, and usually give the customer the choice, "either a male driver or I simply cannot help you, because no lady driver, you need to try somewhere else"

Difficult, but most customer prefer that choice rather then no driver...

• 8 months later...

IMO I would not book with Nam's taxi, I think they a NOT honest anymore. I booked a pick up for 3 people and a car would be fine for 1600 baht (I did not say car but if I wanted a SUV I would of told them) but they said that the pick up would be in a SUV and cost 1800, I said NO NO forget it I just booked with PT for the same pick up for 1400 baht and tolls free. I think Nam's taxi is way over priced.

Edited by Olded
1 hour ago, Olded said:

IMO I would not book with Nam's taxi, I think they a NOT honest anymore.

In what way do you think they are not honest? 

4 hours ago, Olded said:

IMO I would not book with Nam's taxi, I think they a NOT honest anymore. I booked a pick up for 3 people and a car would be fine for 1600 baht (I did not say car but if I wanted a SUV I would of told them) but they said that the pick up would be in a SUV and cost 1800, I said NO NO forget it I just booked with PT for the same pick up for 1400 baht and tolls free. I think Nam's taxi is way over priced.

They give you an alternative and more comfortable ride and you refused it. So in what way does that make them dishonest? Was the pick up from the airport with luggage for 3 people? I would suggest they wouldn't have enough boot space for all the luggage in a car.

Nam also doesn't charge toll fees either.

KM

• Upvote 1

My brother is coming in from the States and i am booking Nams to take us from the Tavern to Pattaya. A bit of an obscure location but Nam's finds me. I dont see where she has raised prices?. I am paying 1700 for an Suv including tolls. I used other services but the last time the fucking guy was playing video games while driving.  All of the services declined in safety and value after being touted here,  I have not seen that with Nam's  But if they are i would like to know about it. .I use them almost every month on my trip from Bangkok . Olded if they are not hitting it i would like to know. But i dont think your post is accurate. 

9 hours ago, Olded said:

That isn't so bad and I would not call it dishonest. At least the price was told to you beforehand. Three people would not be comfortable in the back of a car and often boot space is limited (by a ruddy great gas tank). 

• Upvote 1