Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Transport from Swampy to Hua Hin (split)

Can anyone recommend a taxi driver or company that could transport me plus 3 with luggage from Swampy to Hua Hin?

I have used Mr T many times before, including this journey, and always found him very good. However, he now tells me "no service to Hua Hin from us"

I think he charged about 1500Tbt a couple of years ago.

Help appreciated as I really dont want to get a bus!

Can anyone recommend a taxi driver or company that could transport me plus 3 with luggage from Swampy to Hua Hin?

I have used Mr T many times before, including this journey, and always found him very good. However, he now tells me "no service to Hua Hin from us"

The Limo Pattaya http://www.thelimopattaya.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=561301 has Suvarnabhumi-Hua Hin on their price list.

While not a taxi company, Bell Travel has a bus for 305 baht (+20 for second bag). They leave every 2 hours starting at 0730 and ending at 1930.

Edited by ttk

While not a taxi company, Bell Travel has a bus for 305 baht (+20 for second bag). They leave every 2 hours starting at 0730 and ending at 1930.

I took a look and decided to paste their page on this service.

Operated by Roong Reuang Coach:

1. Suvarnabhumi (SVB) Airport to Hua Hin
  • Coach Schedule:
  • 07:30 / 09:30 / 11:30 / 13:30 / 15:00 (temporary until April 30,2014) / 16:30 / 19:30
  • Meeting location:
  • At “HuaHin” counter on Level 1 at Gate no. 8
  • Fare:
  • THB 305/person
  • Drop-off point:
  • 1.Bus Stop in front of Bangkok Bank at Cha-am intersection
  • 2. Dusit Thani Hua Hin Hotel
  • 3. Hua Hin Bus Stop on Hua Hin soi 96/1
  • Terms & Conditions:
  • 1. It is operated by RoongReaung Coach Co., Ltd (RRC). Bell only provides advance booking channel for customers.
    2. All tickets are not refundable. Customers please presents the service voucher or confirmation e-mail to our staff at HuaHincounter in order to issue ticket and luggage tag before boarding.
    3. RRC reserves right to allow only customer with the same booking name on board.
    4. There is no pick-up service from your hotel.
    5. If you miss your coach departure time, your ticket is expired.
    6. The boarding will generally start 10 to 15 minutes before coach departure time.

Thanks for your replies.

The Limo Pattaya charge 3500Tbt (£70) maybe I'm getting more cost conscience as I get older, but that seems a hell of a lot for 2.5 hour taxi journey in Thailand.

As for Bell Travel, I would certainly consider it if I was on my own and the timings suited, but I will have family with me and don't want them getting off a long flight to then wait, perhaps nearly 2 hours for a bus. I'm sure you understand. But the info you supplied and jacko has posted will I'm sure be of use to others.

Think I need Mr T's opposite number in HH!

Did the Bell's bus to Hua Hin last year, usual Bell's service. Only trouble was on getting to the bus station in Hua Hin the local taxi mafia wanted 200B to go to the hotel, caught a baht bus.

The wait in Swampy allowed Jr(13yo) and I to get some proper food (not airline mush) at the food hall, fix up mobile phones with local sim cards and stretch our legs a little before getting back into a seat for another couple of hours. We had only come from Oz via Singapore, so not long haul.

The road is in rough condition. Wear a seat belt so that you don't bounce your head off the roof.

Where did you get that idea? The main roads from BKK to Hua Hin are in good condition.

The road is in rough condition. Wear a seat belt so that you don't bounce your head off the roof.

Where did you get that idea? The main roads from BKK to Hua Hin are in good condition.

Given who lives just outside of Hua Hin, when not in hospital in BKK, you can be assured the road between HH and BKK is kept in top condition.

Personal experience three years ago.

Are you sure you were going to Hua Hin? Maybe you were on some back roads then.

The main highways to Hua Hin from BKK are in good condition, just as chang_paarp says...if for no other reason than the royals stay there frequently.

I think your comment should be ignored and taken as false for anyone seriously looking for information about travel to Hua Hin from BKK.

Took a taxi from BKK/Soi 22 to the Holiday in in Cha Am.

Took the minibus back to Victory Monument.

Why would the royals use the road? I would think that would be way too high risk. I would expect them to use military aircraft.

Took a taxi from BKK/Soi 22 to the Holiday in in Cha Am.

Took the minibus back to Victory Monument.

Why would the royals use the road? I would think that would be way too high risk. I would expect them to use military aircraft.

The royals use the road, the have the police clear the road in from of them. Not sure why they don't use choppers or such apart from Thai maintenance issues you would think it would be quicker and easier, but then there would not be photo ops for the "adoring" citizens who line the streets.

Edit

Just realised, choppers do not take wheelchairs.

Edited by Chang_paarp

According to wikipedia, Thailand has Bell 412 and Boeing 737 aircraft for VIP transport. The 412 seats 13 and cruises at 140 mph at a ceiling of 20,000 ft.

According to wikipedia, Thailand has Bell 412 and Boeing 737 aircraft for VIP transport. The 412 seats 13 and cruises at 140 mph at a ceiling of 20,000 ft.

The King travels from Hua Hin to Bangokk by motorcade.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/362584/king-and-queen-leave-siriraj-hospital-for-klai-kangwon-palace-in-hua-hin

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0HT05C20141004?irpc=932

His last two trips between the two cities.

Still think the roads would be in bad shape?

From a mobile

Yeah, kings generally have an armada of vehicles clearing the roads in front of them for their journeys.

Obama could tell you on his way to the golf course. :llaugh

I have used this guy 4 times a year for the last 3 years too and from Pattaya.I don't think he is cheap but he has always been reliable and provides a large vehicle that take 2 of us plus 2 huge golf carry bags plus suitcases and hand luggage.the vehicle he provides are nice vehicles. josservice1@hotmail.com tel 0863320884 name is Joss

• 4 weeks later...

Traveled that section 2 weeks ago and the road is fine. There are some repaired spots, but the road is fine. Unless the suspension on your car is really, really bad it is no problem at all.