Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

What is Cathay Pacific like cos found a flight for £374

A very good airline in my opinion. It's been a few years since I have flown them but my flights from NY to Hong Kong and then on to BKK were pleasant as I remember.

A very good airline in my opinion. It's been a few years since I have flown them but my flights from NY to Hong Kong and then on to BKK were pleasant as I remember.

Thanks, will book then as its a great price

Outstanding airline, but usually stop off at their hub, Hong Kong, on the Asia routes. I don't think they go direct to Thailand. If it is direct then you'll probably find that it's going to be a code share flight with British Airways (BA 009) which leaves LHR at approx 15:00.

We've had this before, booked Cathay LHR to MNL only to find that it was a BA 747 taking us to HK.

However, they are our airline of choice when flying UK or anywhere to Manila. Excellent aircraft, great staff and good Customer Service, I honestly cannot really find fault with their economy service. We're FF's with them and although I'm not sure if they honour Avios miles like BA, their reward scheme is pretty much standard in line with other carriers. Mileage accrual lasts for 2 years iirc.

they've phased out the 747s and now use 777-333's on most routes to Asia out of the UK. All in all possibly one of the best SEA Airlines out there, especially at that price!.

Edited by Butch
Guest King_Midas

They were rated by me the best of the 26 different airlines I've used to or fro Bangkok but beware the new Cradle seats they have in Economy

In short if you are tall you are basically fucked as any recline comes from within seat pitch and your knees immediately jam against seat in front

Price nonetheless is excellent and if you're under 5' 8" you should be fine

They were rated by me the best of the 26 different airlines I've used to or fro Bangkok but beware the new Cradle seats they have in Economy

In short if you are tall you are basically fucked as any recline comes from within seat pitch and your knees immediately jam against seat in front

Those seats were supposed to have been replaced on their long haul aircraft.

Outstanding airline, but usually stop off at their hub, Hong Kong, on the Asia routes. I don't think they go direct to Thailand. If it is direct then you'll probably find that it's going to be a code share flight with British Airways (BA 009) which leaves LHR at approx 15:00.

Correct, I took a quick look and it does incorporate a change in HKG.

That cheap price seemed to have good availability in June providing you return before late June and select mid-week travel. It is a no mileage, no refund ticket but can include a stopover in HKG. Only 2.5 and 2 hours wait in HKG and a travel time of 17.20/17.40 hrs. A good price indeed. But they appeared to be Cathay flights leaving LHR at 5pm.

Edited by jacko

I reckon Cathay is a great airline, but don't blame me if it crashes.... :uh-uh:

Why would they blame you? Are you a Cathay pilot with suicidal tendencies??????????????

AirLineRatings just listed the world’s 10 safest airlines. They are ( in alphabetical order.): Air New Zealand, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways,, Emirates, Etihad Airways, EVA Air, Finnair, Lufthansa, and Singapore Airlines.

Why would they blame you? Are you a Cathay pilot with suicidal tendencies??????????????

AirLineRatings just listed the world’s 10 safest airlines. They are ( in alphabetical order.): Air New Zealand, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways,, Emirates, Etihad Airways, EVA Air, Finnair, Lufthansa, and Singapore Airlines.

Not a single USA carrier in the list?

Peculiar post above. Australian Broadcasting Commission (ABC) has published this:

Qantas has again topped a ranking of global air safety, with Jetstar on the list of safest low-cost carriers and Virgin Australia also in the top rung of airlines.

Australian-based website AirlineRatings.com put Qantas top of the list based on a range of factors, including aviation authority audits and the carriers' fatality records.

Having had no fatalities during the jet era made Qantas a standout, said AirlineRatings editor and aviation journalist Geoffrey Thomas.

"Qantas has been the lead airline in virtually every major advancement in airline safety over the past 60 years," he noted in the report.

The chairman of Strategic Aviation Solutions, analyst Neil Hansford, told ABC News Online that Qantas throughly deserves its number one ranking.

"It's very hard for anybody to approach them, they've never lost a paying passenger," he said.

Other carriers in the top ten, in alphabetical order, are: Air New Zealand, Cathay Pacific Airways, British Airways, Emirates, Etihad Airways, EVA Air, Finnair, Lufthansa and Singapore Airlines.

The top ten low-cost carriers in alphabetical order are: Aer Lingus, Alaska Airlines, Icelandair, Jetstar, Jetblue, Kulula.com, Monarch Airlines, Thomas Cook, TUI Fly and Westjet.

I guess you cut and posted SOME of the results, but left out Qantas. (???)

Edit: Oh, I meant to add, ABC might not be able to work it out alphabetically though....

Edited by yorta2

Do those cradle seats cradle enough to keep you from sliding out when sleeping?

Guest King_Midas

How can British Airways be on that list when other Carriers not listed have never lost an aircraft.....?? Qatar for instance ?? (they have lost an aircraft but whilst in Maintenance in Abu Dhabi)

• Downvote 1

I would like to see the OP come back with some final details of the flights that he has managed to get, times, airline and total costs. I am extremely jealous of a deal like this and wonder if there is something that he and we don't know? I recently vented my frustration with code sharing and I am also aware that some fares are subject to fees from the issuing agent. Like I say, I am jealous but the proof as they say is in the pudding.

• Downvote 1

Flown with them twice, both times from Singapore to Bangkok, their business class was very good and nice staff, but not used them over the last 3 years

Yes I have done that flight, but both ways.

There was a special deal on the Biz Class ex BKK, so it was cheap, and the flight south was a 747, so we got lie flat beds which seemed like overkill for a 2 hour hop. My Mrs didn't like the red wine so I drank hers too and had a definite sway waiting at passport control in Changi.

Just for the interest but I wonder who on here thought that I was being critical of the OP and awarded me a red one?

I simply asked if that was the final fare and in fact the poster after me asked the same question. Within the last few day I have for instance found a good fare for a future trip. Then I looked further and found out that the only suitable return flight would put the cost up by an equivalent of about 13000, yes, 13000 baht!

I have occasionally been tripped up with fees that were not mentioned, the fact that there was no baggage included and so forth and to ask the OP if he had booked and was happy with the final fare seems a fair question to me.

I have flown with Cathay and its fine but it is a long while since because from my part of the world they have costed themselves out of the market for us less well heeled travellers.

• Upvote 1
Guest King_Midas

Just for the interest but I wonder who on here thought that I was being critical of the OP and awarded me a red one?

Likewise mine as well pretty sad to be honest.......Its an Airline sub forum not discussing Bar Girls.......no doubt that Simple Sam Character I suspect

• Upvote 1