Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

BBC TV Series on Bangkok Airport

Apparently the BBC has made six one-hour programmes about my favourite airport. The series starts next Thursday (22 January) on BBC3 at 9:00pm.

The write-up for episode one is:

Documentary series observing the people who work and pass through Bangkok International Airport, including immigration officer, Jack and a man stuck without a ticket.

(I’m sure Jack will help him out.)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe he has a picture of that "being turked by a Katoy" Paul, er Chivas, hmmm Chatkeow, oops Midas LOL.

Yes, I hope they catch a few sponsors saying a tearful Casablanca farewell to their sweetheart, handing over all his residual baht, then follow her from departures, to arrivals, where sponsor number 9

I still preferred the old Don Mueang when it was still the international airport , that place holds a lot of memories.........

Yes, I hope they catch a few sponsors saying a tearful Casablanca farewell to their sweetheart, handing over all his residual baht, then follow her from departures, to arrivals, where sponsor number 9 arrives to great hugs and kisses. :D

• Upvote 2

I hope they get the fucking terrible slow, militant bunch of wankers at immigration sorted out, even if it is just for the cameras.

I was actually watching Flightradar24 the other day, looking at the line / astern trail of 5 aircraft heading into SVB from Europe for arrival there between 0500 and 0630, all Thai Air including their A380. I reckon the line extends halfway down the runway after everyone has got off.

Unless they have already done something about it and I'm ranting for no reason at all. Looking forward to watching the series though.

I hope it`s better than that shockingly bad ladyboys documentary that was on a few years back

The ladyboy series is currently being repeated (again) on Thursday evenings on Pick TV, just in case you missed it the other several times it was shown.

On last Sunday night at 10pm I think it was on Nat Geo, "21st century sex slaves" this programme covered Thailand and was about the Uzbekki gangs, I think it may have been on earlier as I saw 2011 on one of the video clips. There was a lot of filming outside the Grace Hotel in Bangkok. As usual with these programmes a lot of tosh on the narration 'Red Light District' grates with me, let them tell the Landmark or Sofitel their 5 star hotels are in the RLD, everyone knows that prostitution is illegal in Thailand. :llaugh

Yes, I hope they catch a few sponsors saying a tearful Casablanca farewell to their sweetheart, handing over all his residual baht, then follow her from departures, to arrivals, where sponsor number 9 arrives to great hugs and kisses. :D

On 5 occasions now, (with two girls) I have had the great satisfaction of driving to the airport……Giving the, 'Casablanca kiss' and watching my teelack's slow, tearful accent up the escalator for her bag check, passport control……. and return to hubby in Europe.

I know! I'm a cad! It's in moments like these I wish I had a mustache to twiddle.

Edited by atlas2

On 5 occasions now, (with two girls) I have had the great satisfaction of driving to the airport……Giving the, 'Casablanca kiss' and watching my teelack's slow, tearful accent up the escalator for her bag check, passport control……. and return to hubby in Europe.

I know! I'm a cad! It's in moments like these I wish I had a mustache to twiddle.

Not only a cad , Sir, but a scallywag and bounder to boot.

Edited by Butch

Thanks for posting that Shilo, allowed me to see it here in Thailand.

I quite enjoyed it.

It showed the Thai staff at Swampy in a very good light, and deservedly so. Their inherent good nature and cheerfulness very apparent.

Sadly not the British....... who seemed to be incapable of getting their act together or accepting the responsibility for their own failings.

An Americanism seems to fit.... dumb Bimbos!

Thanks for posting that Shilo, allowed me to see it here in Thailand.

I quite enjoyed it.

It showed the Thai staff at Swampy in a very good light, and deservedly so. Their inherent good nature and cheerfulness very apparent.

Sadly not the British....... who seemed to be incapable of getting their act together or accepting the responsibility for their own failings.

An Americanism seems to fit.... dumb Bimbos!

Agreed!

I found watching the British subjects totally cringe worthy! Why are imbeciles drawn to TV cameras?

On a positive note, one of them vowed never to return to LOS. :thumbup

Agreed!

I found watching the British subjects totally cringe worthy! Why are imbeciles drawn to TV cameras?

On a positive note, one of them vowed never to return to LOS. :thumbup

It did seem contrived , one Scot gets to airport checks in 16 hours before his flight , then 4 hours before his flight decides to try and go back to Bangkok ,

Another has his wallet stolen , , after getting flight home , sleeping in the airport

he manages to loses his boarding pass , as he's about to board the plane ,

Joe

Captain Jack, the Immigration officer who said he likes to smile at the tourists. I've NEVER seen an immigration officer smile!!

Then they show a shot of him sat there with no queues and empty chairs in front of him. What happened to the huge snake of a queue that is normally there? :bhappy

Still, compulsive viewing!

KM