Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Where to find Marine Seafood

Trying to locate this restaurant. Anyone who can locate it on a map for me?

Thanks in advance

It's in Marine Plaza between Walking Street and Second Road...

Street view (note the name "Marine Seafood Market")

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.925359,100.872579,3a,75y,262.5h,74.04t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sdBX44wF8JRZIVLRM2W6j-g!2e0!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Google map location https://goo.gl/maps/zV0qr

Listen for the Arab drums. It is next door.

As a side issue. There is another smaller restaurant opposite the main entrance to the Marine. If you are looking for a quick, inexpensive and tasty meal this might suit you better. The scenery isn't bad as there is a constant procession of people to make your wait interesting.

The smaller restaurant and the building holding it has been erased to the ground! :whistling:

The big Marine Seafood is still there though!

Plahgat

Yes, the restaurant on the opposite side was better IMHO..and it is gone from that location...but (I think) it has risen again as a newer, flashier, cleaner restaurant just across the road...

2015-01-02 22.16.10.jpg

2015-01-02 22.15.46.jpg

2015-01-02 22.15.41.jpg

You pass by it on the left just before you get to Marine Seafood heading into Soi Lucky Star.

It's very close to where the hippy guy frequently sells bugs.

From a mobile

As a side issue. There is another smaller restaurant opposite the main entrance to the Marine. If you are looking for a quick, inexpensive and tasty meal this might suit you better. The scenery isn't bad as there is a constant procession of people to make your wait interesting.

Yes, that's where I eat quite often when I'm in town. Good food and good prices and been there a very long time run by the same family.

Yes, that's where I eat quite often when I'm in town. Good food and good prices and been there a very long time run by the same family.

But it's gone now! Or, as someone told me, has moved to the fancy place across the street (pics above).

But it's gone now! Or, as someone told me, has moved to the fancy place across the street (pics above).

As long as I can find it, I can deal with that.

As long as I can find it, I can deal with that.

I thought you gave up on "OR"

Just follow the parade of LB's!

food is good at good price, especially good for watching the sunrise after hiting JP for late night/early morning.

Is the constrution done on the north side of JP by the pool playing area?

chers

rb

Is it the old Marine Pool, Lam Morrison rock club building?

I'll take a picture tonight..that building is still there. I think there were some vendors in that space that got put out and they built a new building. Heck, I might even eat there tonight just to check...been meaning to.

Here's a picture of the old restaurant across from Marine
uploadfromtaptalk1421682599438.jpg
Here's Marine Seafood, 180 degree turn from prior photo
.uploadfromtaptalk1421682659235.jpg
Here's the moved restaurant that used to be across from Marine taken from the same spot..
uploadfromtaptalk1421682726964.jpg.

Now are you clear on where it is?

So just a couple hundred feet from where it was but now on the opposite side and still a good view of the ladies going to work.

Yeah, glad you got that...and yes, it's still a good place to see the ladies, but not as good as before, because at the point they pass the new restaurant.they are likely still on motorbikes with their boyfriends :P

I always ate there at the end of the night though, so I was more likely to see the ladies going home with their boyfriend for the night.

Here's a picture of the old restaurant across from Marine

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1421682599438.jpg

Here's Marine Seafood, 180 degree turn from prior photo

.attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1421682659235.jpg

Here's the moved restaurant that used to be across from Marine taken from the same spot..

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1421682726964.jpg.

Now are you clear on where it is?

Thanks MM, I thought thats where you meant but didn't think they'd used the Hotel car park.

Big changes. Wonder if Soi Lucky star gets flattened. :bigsmile: (joking, different owners)

I stopped at the Saengchan Kitchen in its new location as discussed above.

To verify that this was indeed the restaurant that used to be directly across Soi Lucky Star from Marine Seafood, I asked the waiter if they used to be "over there". He said yes...

The menu is identical to the one used by the old location, and if this woman doesn't look familiar, you weren't eating there enough :P

2015-01-20 02.00.45.jpg

As usual, the missus ordered hoi nang lom, served exactly as before...I ate these frequently at both Marine Seafood and Saengchan kitchen.

2015-01-20 01.55.30.jpg

I ordered fried pork with garlic (moo tawt)...it was okay, but nothing to write home about.