Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Register your Thai Mobile Number or Lose it !

You don't have to register your phones,

but you have to register all your Thai SIM cards... ;)

You caught me out on a point of semantics. I hope that I will keep improving my English language skills, my second language after German. :thumbup

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can check if your SIM is already registered by dialing   True *151# AIS *141# dtac *102#

Thanks. My passport number came back in the SMS response, so I hope I am good to go.

I had to give my phone number on the TM7 for retirement extension, why the heck isn't that good enough for registration? They got my name, number, passport, address, and copy of my picture.

Are you getting any SMS messages with the word Telewiz in English?

(Perhaps they are just being sent to everyone!)

I suppose it is best to be going there and check, I don't want a number I have had for 11 years to be blocked. Perhaps they can put my new passport number in there!

Nothing from AIS with Telewiz in English. I had gone to the AIS Central Festival store a few weeks ago and registered my number. That was sufficient for my name to be associated with my number on the AIS eSercvice site. https://aiseservice.ais.co.th/eServiceWeb/ I have a number I can actually remember so I don't want to lose it.

I had gone to the AIS Central Festival store a few weeks ago and registered my number.

did it yesterday... took maybe 5 min... surprised it was done on paper.. just the phone and passport were needed...

Back in '05 or '06 when they firs came up with this daft idea, they had a girl upstairs at a temporary counter in what was then Carrefour and scribbling your details onto a photocopied A4 sheet.

Like the inbound TM cards at the airport, these were of course collated and processed and not just binned as the whole idea was a great con to benefit the people actually printing the paper !

• Upvote 1

did it yesterday... took maybe 5 min... surprised it was done on paper.. just the phone and passport were needed...

central festival is pretty damn big, where exactly?, I expect i will need to do the same in June

central festival is pretty damn big, where exactly?, I expect i will need to do the same in June

Basement, Beach Road end.

Basement, Beach Road end.

I thought I was on the ground floor!

What are you all playing at ???

AIS office at Central Festival is at the basement, floor zero.

It's just at the access to the big place, beach road side, next to the Mc Donald.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What are you all playing at ???

AIS office at Central Festival is at the basement, floor zero.

It's just at the access to the big place, beach road side, next to the Mc Donald.

Playing?

Just trying to locate the AIS shop as best we can recollect.

I hope you're right with your arrogant comment, because if not, you'll never see the end of it.

Of course USA guys and UK guys use different terminology, 1st to them is ground to us......

And 1st to us is 2nd to them.

The Pattaya Mail once said...

And the Mall itself says it is on the Ground floor, you know, where there is a big 'G' at the escalator.
Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

I would suggest my compatriots go to the floor which is below ground level. I doubt the folks at the Starbucks can register your Sim.

I would suggest my compatriots go to the floor which is below ground level. I doubt the folks at the Starbucks can register your Sim.

But not the floor where there is a big number 1!

AIS office at Central Festival is at the basement //

173.jpg

178.jpg

174.jpg

Call the floor as you want, but you have to use the stairs or escalator down to go there. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi. I arrived at Bangkok airport 2 days ago.

As usual, there were hostesses at the exit of the plane distributing free Happy SIM card

I got one more, and of course no registration asked for this one ... ;)

Here is what they gave me :

247.jpg

and this time it was in a small envelope :

246.jpg

• 2 months later...

After upgrading my SIM card earlier this year, they didn't bother to register the new SIM card with my passport even though they DID take my passport when they gave me the new SIM card at the AIS shop in Central Festival. I've been putting off upgrading for a while, but finally decided to get it done. Instead of going to AIS in Central Festival, I went to the Telewiz shop at the Big-C Extra on Pattaya Klang road. It took me all of one minute to do. When I went to the counter, she pointed me to a person sitting at a small table. I assume that is the sole purpose of that job. She took a picture of my passport with her phone, fiddled with her phone a big, then had me write my name and number on a sheet of paper on a clip board. Much much better than waiting an hour at the AIS shop for the English speaking person.

After upgrading my SIM card earlier this year, they didn't bother to register the new SIM card with my passport even though they DID take my passport when they gave me the new SIM card at the AIS shop in Central Festival. I've been putting off upgrading for a while, but finally decided to get it done. Instead of going to AIS in Central Festival, I went to the Telewiz shop at the Big-C Extra on Pattaya Klang road. It took me all of one minute to do. When I went to the counter, she pointed me to a person sitting at a small table. I assume that is the sole purpose of that job. She took a picture of my passport with her phone, fiddled with her phone a big, then had me write my name and number on a sheet of paper on a clip board. Much much better than waiting an hour at the AIS shop for the English speaking person.

There's a code you can send to AIS to confirm you are registered, isn't there? Did you do that to verify you were in the system now?

You can check if your SIM is already registered by dialing

True *151#

AIS *141#

dtac *102#

BTW, here are the numbers to check.

I went to the small True shop and duly registered my phone and number some time back. I have been getting messages that I must register my SIM. I called the True 1331 number and asked them to confirm that my card is registered. "Yes, It is registered". I am still getting those messages and recordings. I had to call about my Internet and asked them to check again. "Yes sir your card is registered". My next question is why am I still getting the recording and messages? The answer was "Sorry sir, our system is having problems". It's not a huge deal but it is irritating when I want to make a call and hear that recording.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi. Don't forget that - officially -

you have until the coming Friday to register your SIM card(s)

or you could no more make calls from August 1st.

You can check your phone registration status : *151*9#

I had done this with my old Nokia that i've had for years.........And I checked earlier in the year my iPhone number and something came back in thai with part of my passport number so I assumed both were OK........I called DTAC on the service number they give and both my phone numbers were 'incomplete' yesterday went to big C and a girl at the desk powdering her nose called across to a couple of teenagers .....'Falang!" They took my details and fiddled with my phone so I assume it's done now. Though I'll check.

My point is I've done this before and thought i was fine........So best to check.