Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Three Years of Chaos, (if we are lucky)

Noticed they moved the barricades in north of the walkover bridge, so thought I'd get another photo update posted.

Looking to the north from the walkover bridge, looks like they're working on the finishing touches.

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

Same with the north side underpass entrance.

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

South of the walkover construction isn't quite as far along with one gap in the underpass roof to concrete over.

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

And a bit of cleanup needed on the south side entrance.

IMG_1303.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did a photo recon this afternoon of the construction progress. Looks to me like it'll be another month or two until they have this project done. Here's some topside pics. Looking north. Pretty ch

A few topside shots. Looking north Looking south Klang intersection Free car/bike wash today A photo history of the Sukhumvit underpass construction can b

Photo recon of the underpass from this afternoon.   Lights are up that will tell you if the underpass lane is open, or not. Trying to puzzle this one out. The underpass design doesn't allow for rout

Posted Images

Looking close though isn't it!

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today's update. Looking south.

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

Looks like work on the rebuild of the Klang intersection has begun.

IMG_1430.jpg

View to the north.

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

If you're on a motorbike, you can squeeze through the barricades and make a U turn from north bound to south bound at the SCC intersection.

IMG_1445.jpg

First of the decorative panels on the underpass in place. Wonder if this is just a see how it looks test as I didn't see any materials laying around that would indicate they're going to put more of the same up.

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

Light post decorations are going up too. Although I have to agree with another BM; this being Pattaya, a bit of chrome on the light posts and go go lady caricatures might be more appropriate.

IMG_1452.jpg

Resurfacing work continues

IMG_1453.jpg

And shinny new lights getting installed

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

And here's how the approach to north side entrance is shaping up.

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

• Upvote 1

I was curious about the maze at the SCC intersection a BM on another forum reported on. So had a look a closer look at the intersection this afternoon. Looks to me like the smaller paths are for pedestrians crossing Suk.

These pics were taken with SCC at my back. Looks like there will be two footpaths on either side of SCC that merge into one and cross northbound Suk at the police box.

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

Just south of the SCC intersection the U Turn is now open to both motorbikes and vehicles. That will make it a bit easier getting to darkside from the brightside.

IMG_1505.jpg

Construction barriers are also coming out on the southbound side of Suk.

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

• Upvote 2

I have ridden down Suk Northbound recently trying to get onto the motorway and then the Railway line bypass on the bike.

Real dodgy, barriers in the way, and the road is being resurfaced and has been scraped which take the wheels off wherever and a bit of a ramp to negotiate to get on the flyover. These last few months are the most difficult for traffic.

Edited by jacko
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looked like a quiet day on the construction site, so using my trusty mtn bike did a photo recon below ground.

Starting from the southbound entrance

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

Asking his buddies which blue rock to use next...

IMG_1927.jpg

Not much progress on the wiring since my last recon a few weeks ago.

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

Out in the sun again, looking north

IMG_1938.jpg

Southbound exit ready for a coat of asphalt

IMG_1941.jpg

Paving of the northbound entrance almost done

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • 4 weeks later...

:clueless just thinking which is bad. But this project reminds me of the

beach road project. The pipes were laid on schedule as contract.

There was no contract on new wires or removing old wire. When

old wire removed the telephone wires remained different contract.

The pole were another contract so 1 year turned into 3. I think

there "it will finish in February" is typical. the tunnel is finished

It will not mean open for operations. As i am out for another 2 months

before back would like to know if it has changed? The tunnel not TIT

:wtf :banghead

Still finishing touches but most of the work seems to be the resurfacing of the roads and construction of roads on the approaches and the Klang junction.

Very dangerous on a bike. Although there is a way to cut through now, I got off the Southbound Rd, onto the Northbound aiming to get onto Klang, but I was a little too far North, and things were blocked. I had to go back the wrong way using the slip Rd with Penumg Furniture on the corner.

I followed some locals!

Edited by jacko

I am curious, during heavy rains, how is the drainage? We have all seen flooded streets at ground level in Pattaya and Bangkok.

It is apparently built slightly elevated so that prevents water flowing in, where it goes instead to gather we shall have to wait and see.

Perhaps the North Rd junction.

The tunnel itself I would expect to have drainage and pumps.... time will tell as Thailand don't do maintenance and acts like the rainy season is a surprise each year.

I am curious, during heavy rains, how is the drainage? We have all seen flooded streets at ground level in Pattaya and Bangkok.

In the article it said there was no problems and that it remained dry during the "recent" heavy rains....but I suppose it depends on how "recent" because it hasn't rained too heavy "recently"

When they say "completion" does it include the "pedestrian footbridge with elevators" I wonder?? If not then there will still be some traffic restrictions whilst that is completed..

And may I ask to no-one in particular ..Why only one footbridge to the North.??..Why not one at the South end nearer to my slum..???

When they say "completion" does it include the "pedestrian footbridge with elevators" I wonder?? If not then there will still be some traffic restrictions whilst that is completed..

And may I ask to no-one in particular ..Why only one footbridge to the North.??..Why not one at the South end nearer to my slum..???

Do you want one with your name on it? :D

• Upvote 1

Do you want one with your name on it? :D

I was thinking of an individual one smelling of stale piss and cigarete smoke with 2 Push buttons A and B .... To remind me of having sex in my younger days...

• Upvote 1