Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

tourist visa for Thai girl to UK

I want my TG to visit me in UK in summer if she can get a visa .

Anyone recommend an agency that is trustworthy and offers money back if she fails to get a visa also what do the agencies charge to do the paperwork as I can find no mention of costs for this I would try myself but not sure if would do correctly as she works in a bar and has never been out the country. I am coming out in March for a month and we will be gong to Chaing Mai and also spending time with her family while I am in Thailand .

Well Paul King, Easy Visa, advertises 50,000 baht if he can't get you a visa.

Another well known agency is Key Visa , the owner is a straight talking guy.

I don't know how much each charge.

I did it myself about 3 years ago, not a big deal if you can handle a computer, rather a lot of effort.

Edited by jacko
correction

Is there anything a visa company can do that an individual cannot? I doubt it. 50,000 Bht for someone to fill out papers seems like a waste of 50,000 Bht.

These documents cannot be that hard to either understand, or complete.

Do people believe that these agencies which are just hole in the wall small businesses somehow have a pipeline into the decision makers in a consulate or in the immigration departments everywhere in the world? I seriously do not believe for a minute they have any "connections" at all.

There are legitimate agencies that expedite visas for a fee but the qualifications of the applicant are pretty much assured already. They just expedite, not even close to the same issue.

Is there anything a visa company can do that an individual cannot? I doubt it. 50,000 Bht for someone to fill out papers seems like a waste of 50,000 Bht.

These documents cannot be that hard to either understand, or complete.

Do people believe that these agencies which are just hole in the wall small businesses somehow have a pipeline into the decision makers in a consulate or in the immigration departments everywhere in the world? I seriously do not believe for a minute they have any "connections" at all.

There are legitimate agencies that expedite visas for a fee but the qualifications of the applicant are pretty much assured already. They just expedite, not even close to the same issue.

Yes, possibly there is, whether it is worth the expense is another matter and varies from person to person.

Some don't have the spare cash,some do, others may not be computer literate, or even literate.

For me that expense was too much, I have a computer, a printer and a scanner, all of them proved necessary to prepare the paperwork. I also took some advice from friends who had gone through the process before. The Visa companies have done this many many times and I would like to think have learned what works. They may also have a few connections at the Visa outfit, I doubt these connections give any preferential treatment with regard to acceptance, but could be of some use.

The ones mentioned above are a little more than 'hole in the wall'......judging by the way one person dresses perhaps more of a gold mine!

Edited by jacko

Anfield there is enough info and help available on all the forums especially thaivisa to ensure you don't need to waste money on an agency.

Edited by englishinsiam

Thanks for the replies -- looking at key visa the 5000 up front seems fair enough for a starting point to me and if successful makes things easier for me.

By up front is that the total cost and you pay it all at once or is that part of the cost and more to follow?

5,000 or $160 is not that bad to get someone to drone through paperwork for you, 50,000 or $1,600 is lunacy . You can get a lawyer for that.

A successful visa application is usually down to the quality of supporting evidence submitted with the application, not because of the efforts of these so called visa agents..

Most of the work in a visa application is providing the evidence and appropriate documents, which you have to do, not the agent, after that it is simply a case of completing the application form and submitting it.

I did Mrs Fiends spouse visa, and also her Indefinite Leave to Remain visa after she had been in the UK for 2 years. Both applications were successful and I didn't use an agency.

I also know some couples who have used agencies and their applications have gone wrong, including one whose wife had to leave the UK, or be deported, because of incorrect advice off an immigration lawyer.

• Upvote 2

Did all ours ourselves and Mrs flash now has a British passport. Just use thaivisa and thai UK for help. Just be careful as there is a load of bollox on the net - usually from thai lawyers!

• Upvote 2

Do it yourself mate, the documentation is straightforward, and either way it's you who has to provide back-up material

to show you have more than a passing relationship.

That means a history together, lots of photos from all over the place, especially visits to her family, you with her

kids etc.

What they fundamentally want to be sure of is that she has a very good reason to come back to Thailand, not stay in the UK and join e.g. the massage scene.

• Upvote 1

Do it yourself mate, the documentation is straightforward, and either way it's you who has to provide back-up material

to show you have more than a passing relationship.

That means a history together, lots of photos from all over the place, especially visits to her family, you with her

kids etc.

What they fundamentally want to be sure of is that she has a very good reason to come back to Thailand, not stay in the UK and join e.g. the massage scene.

Absolutely, correct. That was my experience when I first brought my wife, now, to UK. If you dont have the back up info, i is easy enough to manufacture in retrospect and the covering letter is all important. Anfield, I wish you the best of luck with that, and if you do it properly, then you should have no problems. What I did was to employ someone as an adviser and I produced everything that was necessary, and did the application ourselves. Bit of a pain going to BKK and hanging around, but all worked in the end. However, that was for a fiance visa as opposed to a visit, but they will basically want to know about who and where she is staying, your ability to support her, etc. It does seem a lo just for a six month holiday, but that is the way it is for non EU entry from Thailand. My advice is to be there with her, throughout the process, and book her on the same return flight as you, with a rtn open ticket for her.

I would not mention the bar if I were you, and you do not have to, but up to you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'll throw in my two cents here and I only have experience with US processing. I was told getting into the UK is more difficult. I think you need to find someone who has succcessfully processed a visitor visa and get them to tell you how they did it.

I tried to get a TG a visitor visa and was not successful. I did process a fiancé visa with no problem. I don't know anyone who got a visitor visa for a single youngish Thai woman. In my case the TG in question, had a business, owned a house, owned land, had traveled to other countries and had money in the bank. I documented all of this. The application was turned down with the officer hardly looking at it. I later spent some money on an immigration lawyer in the US. I just paid him for advice. He said it is nearly impossible to get a visa for a single Thai woman. The US looks for a "compelling reason" for the applicatant to return to Thailand. He said unless you have government or royal connections; something like that you will more often than not get turned down. Face it Very few of these ladies can show a reason why they would not stay rather than come home on time.

He went on to say that the embassy in Thailand turns down like 85% of the visitor visas they process. They still have trouble with over stays. He also said that using a group in Thailand is often worse than processing it yourself. If you use a local firm they think you are trying to slide something over on them.

He did tell me a couple of things:

1) in the US a letter of invitation is normally required. If a single man sends the letter it is almost never accepted. They are concerned that she will marry you in country and bypass the normal system. Someone other than you should do the invite so it looks like something other than a single woman on vacation with a single man.

2) it is easier to get an educational visa if you can find a way that it makes sense. For instance, I want to take an English class is not it unless she has been taking classes in Thailand for 6 years and wants to learn more in a native class. Something related to her job is possible.

3) it might be easier for her to take a tour and tack on time at the end of it (or I guess not go on the tour but you would need to pay for the tour)

4) you have a better chance at getting the visa if she has had a passport for a while AND has used it to go to other first world countries and returned on time.

One thing I heard worked (I heard this from a guy who knows a guy so take it for what it is worth) is having a religious organization invite her. Make sure is is involved in that religion in Thailand. Match the time with a conference or something. LOL finding a religious person without morals should not be that hard right?

• Upvote 2

LOL finding a religious person without morals should not be that hard right?

Jimmy Swaggart jumped into my head ...... but the list could be a lot longer!

I have used a uk based visa company who also have an office in bangkok called Orchid of Siam. Tony is british and is certified by the home office to the highest level and is able to act in appeals.

My advice would be to use a uk firm as you have legal comebacks on their service DO NOT use a pattaya company as they are full of bull****. Eg i was told that if we hadnt been together 9 months there was no way we would get a visit visa, we were together 5 months before her first visit and no problem. DO NOT go for a no win no fee because the companies may be tempted to pad you application to give it more chance of approval and any falsification would lead to her having a 10yr ban on travel to the uk. Finally if she doesnt own land or a car or a bike and hasnt got an "real" job with payslips etc i would say save your money because without these she will be deemed to have "no reason" to return to thailand which is the key question that must be satisfied for a visit visa.

Finally finally if you do go ahead aim to bury them in proof you habe a relationship, i submitted 2 folders 3" thick each weighing 8kg of photos, emails, fb messages, fb posts, texts, phone call logs, travel documents etc anyone trying to scam a visa could not have produced this much evidence meaning a greater chance of success.

Edited by stoace
  • Upvote 1

I want my TG to visit me in UK in summer if she can get a visa .

Anyone recommend an agency that is trustworthy and offers money back if she fails to get a visa also what do the agencies charge to do the paperwork as I can find no mention of costs for this I would try myself but not sure if would do correctly as she works in a bar and has never been out the country. I am coming out in March for a month and we will be gong to Chaing Mai and also spending time with her family while I am in Thailand .

I think it's called a general visitors visa to travel to the UK.

It's not you who has to support Her. With a visitors visa She has to prove She can support Herself.

https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa/eligibility

Documents She need to show.

https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa/documents-you-must-provide

Then apply online.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa

We've been through the whole UK visa process many years ago. My Wife came in on a fiancee visa then got FLR then ILR then Her UK Nationality and UK passport in 2008

I think your girl will need to show funds in Her bank account. And she will need a reason to return home. You could sign Her up for a collage course in Thailand. Just after Her UK return date. This works.

• 4 weeks later...

Be aware that the UK Border Agency is changing the Visa application process in April 2015, apparently to simplify it. I think the 13 visa's currently on offer are being reduced to 5. I'd leave it until after the new system comes in and then have a look on the site.

I was in Bangkok on Tuesday when the heavens opened plouging through waves of water to the Trendy building on Sukhumvit 13.

This is where VFS Visa services are located on the 28th Floor.

I applied for the GF myself on line to the UK Visa & Immigration...under Apply for someone else

Appication form

Declaration signed

Made Appointment

Made Payment...cost $129..approx 4000 baht

Printed Application

You do not need to attend and they tell you to wait downstairs...(there are 2-bars on ground floor)

And i am expecting......well i hope i am expecting her passport to arrive by courier in approx 10-days time with a UK Visitor Visa.

I will post a review of what documentation i produced if i am successful

• Upvote 1

The UK will launch a 24 hour priority service for UK Visas March 31st.

But you will need some cash handy.....

The Super Priority Visa Service for all visit customers and some work categories takes 24 hours only and costs £600 (B31,200) on top of the standard visa fee.

Source

Edited by jacko
  • 2 years later...

So I'm taking with a Thai girl who has a 4 year degree metallurgy.. Working for a Japanese company she Travels as often as possible alone Japan Indonesia just places when she builds up. Money.. Has her own place her own Car.. I want her to Visit she doesnt plan on staying nor wants to.. But being a traveler and me a Little more. Hard to leave could she take her leave days a week and visit ? Letter from her company car job degree? She is single. USA not we are confused

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

She is single. USA not we are confused

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sorry after reading your post I can understand why you may be confused :huh: especially as it is your first post