Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Travelling in Japan.

Firth, the rainy season ain't that bad. It starts with 3-4 days of straight rain but it can be more of a cosntant drizzle than a Thai-style downpour.

Easy to work around I suppose, plan your indoor activities for the rainy days and the outdoor stuff for sunny times.

Not sure what your interests are but can recommend a trip to Kyoto for its historical sights and cool nighlife.

My favorite street in Japan is called Pontocho, a narrow long lane in Kyoto near the river full of restaurants, bars and a few Geisha. :)

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3921.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298564-d321442-Reviews-Pontocho-Kyoto_Kyoto_Prefecture_Kinki.html

Nikko is also another historical area, more suited to a day trip or one nighter.

Haneda Airport is way more convenient to fly through than that Great White Elephant Narita Airport.

For accommodation you usually get what ya pay for. If ya just want a comfy bed, shower, toilet, etc, there are numerous cheapish options. Maybe an idea to look for a flight/accommodation package.

Cheers, I mean cheese! :P

A few pics from Kyoto.

IMGP5357.JPG

IMGP4838.JPG

IMGP5331.JPG

Edited by Dungheap
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, there is no going back now.

Just booked and paid up for all my flights to the Far East.

This trip is going to consist of 4 nights in Seoul, 7 nights in Tokyo, 3 nights in Hiroshima and finished off with 4 nights in Osaka.

Now just need to to lots of homework with regards to hotels, transport and sightseeing.

• Upvote 1

Have a great trip.

If ya fancy a few scoops and a prowl around Shinjuku or have any questions ping me.

If MeGoDanceNow ain't working the poles and is in town, hopefully he can join us.

:chogdee2

Edited by Dungheap

Have a great trip.

If ya fancy a few scoops and a prowl around Shinjuku or have any questions ping me.

If MeGoDanceNow ain't working the poles and is in town, hopefully he can join us.

That's a date, in a non gay kind of way.

Really looking forward to this trip.

• 2 months later...

Have a great trip.

Well, i'll be in Toyko in approx.13 days time, if either of your fine gentlemen fancy a beverage or 2??

Im staying in Shibuya, so should be able to get anyway reasonably quickly.

Is it worth doing a TR for this trip? Would anyone be interested in reading it, or would be a complete waste of time, considering this is not Thailand, and very little if at all ST'ing will be going on??

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see your pictures...

Photos will be posted, that goes without saying. Just wondered if anyone was actually interested in reading a TR or not?

I would imagine not, so I'll just stick with posting the photos.

• Upvote 1

No - even mongers can be "normal" tourists - I for one would like to read your TR - I am convinced I am not alone in this.

Japan is on my visit list so love to read about your experiences and recommendations

Please post a TR Firth.

Shibuya is lively, full of schoolies by day.

How about we get together Friday 5 for a bar hop?

I'll try to get some "staff" members to attend.

1432348980598.jpg

What's your travel plans for the trip?

:hippie:

Please post a TR Firth.

Shibuya is lively, full of schoolies by day.

How about we get together Friday 5 for a bar hop?

I'll try to get some "staff" members to attend.

attachicon.gif1432348980598.jpg

What's your travel plans for the trip?

:hippie:

Sounds good for the Friday, i'm up for that.

And ive decided to do a TR of sorts as well.

The plan for this trip is, 4 nights in Seoul, then 6 nights in Tokyo, 3 nights in Hiroshima, 4 nights in Osaka, and then finishing off with my last night in Tokyo, but im planning on spending that the Royal Park Haneda hotel at the airport.

Edited by firth1974