Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Standing on the balcony, having a smoke as I see a motorbike pulling into the complex. I'm on the backside so it is just a place to park your bike for the night and go in. Many bikes there each night and this is a normal happening.

As he is coming down the lane, he begins to lose control at a very slow rate of speed and falls off. The bike (110cc) is on top of him and it is a concern. He looks to be older (65+), but has a helmet on, so his head is protected. I rush down the stairs to notify security and see what I can do to help this man.

Security is watching TV and I ask him to help me with this issue. Of course there is a language barrier, so I ask another farang to help me , "we have a man on the ground with a motorbike on top of him". He shrugs his shoulders like he doesn't care or understand and security is not following me on this. So out to the parking lot I go. I get out there and his Thai GF and her friends are there. We get the bike up and off of him and he is now laying on the ground. He doesn't appear to have any serious injuries, but this man is not coherent at all. Trying to speak to him is impossible as he seems to be 3/4 asleep.

His Thai GF says he will be okay (she speaks good English) and we should let him rest here. But you can't rest in a public parking lot, maybe it is best to get him inside..? So after asking her 3 times and finally getting security off his arse, we carry him inside the building to the sofa.

Now a reason for his mishap is starting to unfold. This guy "reeks" of alcohol and seems highly intoxicated. I ask his Thai GF if he is on any medication (capsules) and she shakes her head "no". So it really looks like he may have passed out on the final lap home. I just can't see anything else, as this guy is way out in "never-never" land at this moment.

I just don't understand why someone would get on a motorbike in this condition. The man is old enough to understand the consequences of this bad decision and putting others at risk is stupid.

Funny thing is...I never got a "thank you" from anyone for helping, but what do you expect ...? :clueless

• Upvote 1

Standing on the balcony, having a smoke as I see a motorbike pulling into the complex. I'm on the backside so it is just a place to park your bike for the night and go in. Many bikes there each night and this is a normal happening.

As he is coming down the lane, he begins to lose control at a very slow rate of speed and falls off. The bike (110cc) is on top of him and it is a concern. He looks to be older (65+), but has a helmet on, so his head is protected. I rush down the stairs to notify security and see what I can do to help this man.

Security is watching TV and I ask him to help me with this issue. Of course there is a language barrier, so I ask another farang to help me , "we have a man on the ground with a motorbike on top of him". He shrugs his shoulders like he doesn't care or understand and security is not following me on this. So out to the parking lot I go. I get out there and his Thai GF and her friends are there. We get the bike up and off of him and he is now laying on the ground. He doesn't appear to have any serious injuries, but this man is not coherent at all. Trying to speak to him is impossible as he seems to be 3/4 asleep.

His Thai GF says he will be okay (she speaks good English) and we should let him rest here. But you can't rest in a public parking lot, maybe it is best to get him inside..? So after asking her 3 times and finally getting security off his arse, we carry him inside the building to the sofa.

Now a reason for his mishap is starting to unfold. This guy "reeks" of alcohol and seems highly intoxicated. I ask his Thai GF if he is on any medication (capsules) and she shakes her head "no". So it really looks like he may have passed out on the final lap home. I just can't see anything else, as this guy is way out in "never-never" land at this moment.

I just don't understand why someone would get on a motorbike in this condition. The man is old enough to understand the consequences of this bad decision and putting others at risk is stupid.

Funny thing is...I never got a "thank you" from anyone for helping, but what do you expect ...? :clueless

I have see a few farangs drive when mortal drunk, ego problems would be my call... People can't walk straight ? How do they think they can drive ?

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the help there Greg, I stayed down because I was looking for my bottle that rolled away.

Now I know why Johnnie Walker make theirs square.

• Upvote 2

"Funny thing is...I never got a "thank you" from anyone for helping, but what do you expect ...? :clueless"

No good deed goes unpunished. Good on you for helping the guy out.

• Upvote 1

I just don't understand why someone would get on a motorbike in this condition.

Because in this condition he is not able to think anymore ?

I am very sad seeing some people fully drunk, nearly every day for some of them !

I mainly think about a guy I several times saw falling from the taxi-motorbike when arriving in the condo...

and he was already smelling alcohol the few time I saw him in the lift... in the morning!

• Upvote 2

When you're drunk you think you can do anything. You feel more relaxed and your thinking skills are impaired. You think you can drive the 'short' distance home - "I'll just ride really slowly and very carefully," you think, whilst giggling about the idea, completely forgetting that if you ride too slow your balance can be impaired too as you need forward motion to maintain balance.

'Morning after' riding/driving is affected in the same way. You think that because you haven't had a drink for 3 hours and you've had a little snooze, you'll be ok. The fact you were on the piss for several hours prior to that is forgotten as again the alcohol makes you feel relaxed and your thinking skills impaired.

KM

• Upvote 1

Now a reason for his mishap is starting to unfold. This guy "reeks" of alcohol and seems highly intoxicated.

Not a criticism , not sure what the lesson is here ,

Don't ride when pissed or is it don't help a piss head ,

What would folk do back home , more chance of help , and a fair chance of some one calling to the BIB ,

Joe

• Downvote 1

A friend of mine from Florida had a full dresser Harley. One day he unexpectedly sold it. I asked him why he sold something that he loved. He certainly didn't need the money. He told me that one morning he woke up and couldn't remember how he had gotten home. He looked outside and his Harley was sitting there. He found out that none of his drinking buddies had taken him home and had driven the Harley to his home for him. He decided it was time to sell it.

• Upvote 1

A friend of mine from Florida had a full dresser Harley. One day he unexpectedly sold it. I asked him why he sold something that he loved. He certainly didn't need the money. He told me that one morning he woke up and couldn't remember how he had gotten home. He looked outside and his Harley was sitting there. He found out that none of his drinking buddies had taken him home and had driven the Harley to his home for him. He decided it was time to sell it.

Again stupidly I've done that with the truck although normally that would of only been from the local bar less than a km away, I had a Harley but had a rule of always taking it home first if I knew it was going to be a heavy night (I never took the big bike or the truck to Walking st anyway).

• Upvote 1

Here is your answer. "I just don't understand why someone would get on a motorbike in this condition." Beacuse he was not capable of making a coherent decision. If he was drinking with friends or even with someone he just met in a bar,THEY should have made the decision for him. Shame on them.

Sure he made the homestretch but what happened between the bar and the accident? What could have happened?

At least you were there to help.

• Upvote 1

I may seem stupid but I don't take the bike with me if I will be having a drink, I know what I am like, in that once 3 beers is reached the next pause will be 15. Then I cannot be trusted to make decisions...... I bring her on the back and tell her to take it away.

• Upvote 1