Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Where can I watch Pacquiao/Mayweather on May 2?

Hi,

It's never too early to have a drink. Has Pacquiao any chance ?

Just based on how much effort Pacquiao put into getting this fight, and how hard Mayweather worked to avoid it, I'd say Pac Man's got a great shot. I hope he wins it.

Not all cover charges are created equally. I would think of Witherspoons cover charge as more of a minimum spend for entry. You get something else, not just admission.

I'm sure all the bars showing it will be busy. It would be interesting to see how Witherspoons does. If I was in town I would go there.

Hi,

It's never too early to have a drink. Has Pacquiao any chance ?

I think he has a very good chance. I hope he wins, I'm sure there will be a rematch if he does. If Floyd wins I don't think there will be a rematch.

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen Pacquiao ringside back in 2004 when he faught a thai bloke (Fasahn "3k battery") and followed him since then (P 2000 each for ringside seats at Pasig City), and as Mrs Butch is a flipper she always sticks a few quid on him and does the usual filipino pride stuff that goes along with it.

Having seen almost all of his fights (the all time finest was when he fought Antonio Margarito), I feel that if he can find the same form he had at that time, then he will defeat Mayweather.

However, the skeptic in me believes that these two guys are businessmen first and fighters second these days, so anything which will give a rematch to the same kind of financial tune as this one seems to be might be on the cards.

I am just speculating though, I support MP so naturally will be biased in my opinion of his skills and the result.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it will be May 3rd here, but I am told it will be on the Thai TV Ch 7 at 10am, for free!

Fucking typical, we're going to be 38000 foot up in the sky while this is showing. I'm now getting it in the neck from Mrs Butch for being such an idiot.

Edited by Butch
  • 2 weeks later...

Unless you've been hibernating you know that Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather are finally going to duke it out, for the first (I think?) and probably the last time ever, on May 2 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Presumably the fight will go on about 8AM May 2. Does anybody know yet where I can watch Da Big Fight? Which taprooms will be playing DBF live?

How the bout came about

150223154208-floyd-mayweather-vs-manny-p

So did you get to see the fight in the end ?

Joe

I'm just glad that I didn't have to pay to see it. Just a typical Mayweather fight, flick the jab and run. Mayweather may be undefeated but he certainly is not an exciting fighter. Reminded me of the Klitchco fight. Jab, jab and run. Both fights sucked.

I'm just glad that I didn't have to pay to see it. Just a typical Mayweather fight, flick the jab and run. Mayweather may be undefeated but he certainly is not an exciting fighter. Reminded me of the Klitchco fight. Jab, jab and run. Both fights sucked.

Did you think Mayweather deserved the decision.......?

I didn't......

Hard to beat a USA opponent in Vegas!

Did you think Mayweather deserved the decision.......?

I didn't......

Hard to beat a USA opponent in Vegas!

Since Pacquiao spent the entire fight chasing Mayweather, I thought the judges did a horrible job scoring the fight. It should have been a LOT closer. I really thought that Pacquiao was ahead and should have won the fight. It was quite obvious that Mayweather wasn't willing to mix it up and go toe to toe. I don't care about the "ART" of boxing. I like to see some action and less dancing.

• Upvote 1

Its one thing to chase but you have to land punches , shit boring fight but Manny hardly landed a punch .

It is the sweet science and Mayweather has perfected the "if i don't get hit i cant be knocked out or loose on points"

His fights are always boring, but never the less he won this fight comfortably and was always going to

despite huge % of the population wanting Manny to win Mayweather was the short priced favourite and the fight went exactly to type . All the small money was on manny and all the big money was on Mayweather

Mayweather will take the rematch because it would be one of the easiest fights he has ever encountered , the issue is whether anyone would pay the watch it

Mayweather threw more and landed double the punches Manny did

PUNCH STATS MAYWEATHER PACQUIAO 435 Total punches thrown 429 148 Total punches landed 81 34 Percentage 19 267 Jabs thrown 193 67 Jabs landed 18 25 Percentage 9 168 Power punches thrown 236 81 Power punches landed 63 48 Percentage 27

Edited by nus01

They both had a HUGE payday. I'd say that if there is a rematch, it won't come close to matching the money that this one generated. I would call those pitty pat jabs from Mayweather defence rather than punches. Just little pushes to keep Manny away from him.

Since Pacquiao spent the entire fight chasing Mayweather, I thought the judges did a horrible job scoring the fight. It should have been a LOT closer. I really thought that Pacquiao was ahead and should have won the fight. It was quite obvious that Mayweather wasn't willing to mix it up and go toe to toe. I don't care about the "ART" of boxing. I like to see some action and less dancing.

Nothing personal but I just watched it and Manny did not spend the entire fight chasing Mayweather. He moved forward more but certainly didn't chase him because Mayweather stood his ground as often as he moved away along with moving forward while Manny was moving back. Fact is Manny didn't let his hands go as much as many wanted to see because when he did he got hit doing it so you can't put it all on Mayweather. He beat him in every punch category except power punches thrown and neither fighter was ever seriously hurt so handing the win to Manny would have been ridiculous IMO.

Was it the fight of the century, heck no. But I'd blame the people that hyped the fight, not the fighters.

Edited by brotherbuzz

I think the fighters may have had a little to do with the hyping themselves.

Mayweather was too good in all categories except trying to make a fight of it. Perhaps two years ago Manny might have connected but he was outclassed yesterday. Pity.

As it is Mayweather won……pocketed the most money……..continued his sweep of victories…….Pacquiao and boxing were both the losers.

I prefer the amateur stuff and MMA.

Edited by atlas2

I think the fighters may have had a little to do with the hyping themselves.

Certainly, but little being the correct term.

Was reading De La Hoya's comments about the fight. He even apologized to the public. He's the same guy that fought Manny toe to toe rather than boxing him and spent a week in the hospital after he lost. Doubt he felt like a better fighter for it.... :D

I was amazed at the number of purchasers for the "ppv" on tv, at the ridiculously high charge; Especially when the result and style was so predictable. The equivalent of 1000 baht here in UAE, and similar in UK I believe.

Cost me 300 baht at Jamesons but that was for a full English and a pint of Heiniken.

The fight was a damp sqib. Handbags at 10-paces and not a mark on either face. It was all about the money.

Mayweather can buy a few more sports cars and Manny can buy his way to being the next Philippine President.