Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hello guys, hope you are all doing great.

I'm flying up from Phuket (Bangkok Airways) to Utapao Airport, arriving 16:45 Sunday 26th April. I understand that airport is a good 50 mins or so from Patts? What's my best bet for getting to Patts from there - meter taxi, minibus, pre-booked pick-up etc? If the latter, can anyone recommends a good service (with phone number)?

Cheers,

HM

I'm flying up from Phuket (Bangkok Airways) to Utapao Airport, arriving 16:45 Sunday 26th April. I understand that airport is a good 50 mins or so from Patts? What's my best bet for getting to Patts from there - meter taxi, minibus, pre-booked pick-up etc? If the latter, can anyone recommends a good service (with phone number)?

Cheers,

HM

Utapao is a neat little airport, only a few more kilometres from the corner of the entrance to the Queen Sirikit Hospital on the intersection of Highway A3 opposite Highway 331, which is only a 25 minute drive from my place place in Jomtien or approximately 25 kilometres. So I guess Utapao is about 30 to 35 kilometres from most places in Pattaya. I picked up a friend coming with Bangkok Airways arriving from Koh Samui several times. Bangkok Airways seems to be the only regular airline using Utapao, other than the many Russian charter flights arriving there.

I don't know anything about the cost of taxis or minibuses from there, but I guess they would be easily available when flights arrive there and would cost less then a taxi from Suvarnabhumi airport, which is about 90 kilometres away from Pattaya. I would not be concerned about getting reasonably priced transport from there without making a booking in advance.

• Upvote 1

It's a few years since I used U-Tupao, so things may have changed, but...

Taxi to the airport booked through the hotel took just over an hour and cost 1100 baht, so not much less than to Suvarnabhumi.

On getting back, I found a large number of pre-booked taxis collecting people, but none waiting for customers.
There were two taxi desks, both unmanned.
I had to hang around the airport for over an hour hoping to grab a taxi delivering a passenger to the airport.
Eventually, a minibus turned up, and I shared this with the one other stranded passenger.
Cost was 1500 baht between us.
It would have been easier to fly to Suvarnabhumi and get the Bell Bus.

So, unless things have changed, I have to suggest pre-booking a taxi.

The Limo Pattaya charges 800 baht. You get in and out of the fraction of the time it takes at Suvarnabhumi and with an even smaller fraction of the stress.

If there is not a for hire taxi or minibus available, you are a mile or so off the highway inside a large military base. While I have high regard for the navy, I want to know I have a ride when I get off the plane.

I have only gone the other way and it cost me 800 baht but the trip is about 50 minutes and the taxi might not get a return so IUnderstand the pricing. Best advice is to pre book and talk to other passengers in Phukhet. You are bound to find someine who wants to share..Who knows you might start a conversation with someone who wants more than a taxi ride.

Cheers,

Are you staying in a hotel? If so, have you checked to see if they offer a pick up service?

Thanks for all the good advice guys, this site definitely has the most experienced and knowledgeable mongers :clap1

I'm staying in the Cottage North Pattaya, my favourite haunt when in Patts. I don't think they do a taxi service, but I'll try them. If not, it looks like 'The Limo' link is my best bet.

I can recommend Nam's Taxi - Lady Driver for a pre booked taxi.

I have used her a lot, and have on other boards seen many positive comments about her service.

Clean new car, careful compentent driver, on time, responds to your enquiries usually promptly.

She is sole operator, so she won't farm out your ride to some reckless cowboy driver

And, she's cute, and pleasant company!

Namnamthailand@gmail.com

She will send her phone number when you make the booking....

I have only gone the other way and it cost me 800 baht but the trip is about 50 minutes and the taxi might not get a return so IUnderstand the pricing. Best advice is to pre book and talk to other passengers in Phukhet. You are bound to find someine who wants to share..Who knows you might start a conversation with someone who wants more than a taxi ride.

Someone who wants to join the Mile high Club? :thumbup

• 1 year later...

don't believe everything u read, there are other ways to get from Pattaya to Utapao airport without paying expensive taxi or via the AirAsia minibus, those other ways is what's been running for many many years that the locals use to get there, l did it & it cost only 100baht & took an hour, but l only had carry on luggage so if u have lots of luggage u should probably get a taxi or the AirAsia minibus.

forever & a day has always been running very frequent minibuses running along Sukhumvit rd going to Rayong, from where they start l have no idea, maybe from Bangkok or maybe from ChonBuri, anyhow along the route they stop at all intersections to drop off or pick up passengers, usually stopping near a motorbiketaxi stand, l recently hopped on 1 near corner of S'vit rd & PattayaNua going southbound, l only waited 5 minutes before 1 suddenly stopped & sliding door opened, so l said to driver "BanChang" & paid 60baht only, along the way l seen many same minibuses traveling north & southbound, they are frequent & regular, after about 40minutes it veered left after passing Sattahip, l then looked out the windscreen until l seen we approaching a big intersection with a big green sign showing Rayong straight & Utapao airport right arrow, as l knew the minibus is going straight to Rayong l hopped out there where it stopped opposite a 7/11 before the big intersection, l then approached a nearby motorbiketaxi stand while waiving 40baht & saying "airport" l was at Utapao airport 10 minutes later, total trip time 1 hour, but depending on traffic.

Edited by farangatang
  • Upvote 1

don't believe everything u read, there are other ways to get from Pattaya to Utapao airport without paying expensive taxi or via the AirAsia minibus, those other ways is what's been running for many many years that the locals use to get there, l did it & it cost only 100baht & took an hour, but l only had carry on luggage so if u have lots of luggage u should probably get a taxi or the AirAsia minibus.

Well, you were responsing to thread of a year and a half ago, and the OP was asking about "Utapao to Patts", not vice versa.

In that time a lot has changed, Air Asia is now flying numerous flights into Utapao, and the passengers numbers have skyrocketed.

I posted earlier that Nam's Taxi - Lady Drivers Services Utapao, i can now give you their regular price, 800 baht.

http://www.namstaxipattaya.com

They are now doing this trip several times each day, it has become very popular, not only because it is a bit closer to Pattaya then Suvarnabhumi, but also because the time between arrival and getting to the arrival hall is much shorter then in the big airport.

The total time between touchdown and hotel can sometimes be half the time it takes from Suvarnabhumi.

As for doing it by combination of Motocy driver and mini bus service, yes, possible, if you're adventurous. Good luck!